What's new

Old Bangla Photos

Portrait of Two Males - Eastern Bengal 1860's

313716_160833370663422_160501724029920_332345_5281785_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Portrait of a Woman - Eastern Bengal 1860's

314966_160833403996752_160501724029920_332346_4756122_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Kochh Mandai woman of Eastern Bengal - 1860's

306429_160833427330083_160501724029920_332347_7796758_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Portrait of an Old Man - Eastern Bengal 1860's

301393_160833330663426_160501724029920_332344_2048044_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Portrait of an Elderly Muslim Man - Eastern Bengal 1860's

293353_160833007330125_160501724029920_332337_6828611_n.jpg

As far as i know when the Sena dynasty came they decided to convert the Buddhists forcefully into lower caste hindus. And regarding the Aryan invasion theory, that has long been disproved as b/s british propaganda to prove superiority of europeans.

@ Yes, I fully agree with you that Sena Dynasty converted the Bhuddhist forcefully to lower caste Hindus but in which proccess ? In those days no convertee was allowed in Hinduism. It was the process which I mentioned about the "Sharaen Mandir". In those days once Bnegal came under Sena rule they immediately made many many Mandirs where the Young "Brahmons" were place to preach their religion. All the local women/grown up girls were ordered/forced to stay at the newly constructed "Mandirs". In the process the child was declared legal and now called a "Khattro" or low caste Hindu. These "Khattros" were given the task to join in the army and through out the next generation remained as military force.

@ The system was almost similar with the "Jennissary" in the Ottaman Empire. In the Ottaman Empire once they captured lot of orphan Christian child during the European campaign forced them to convert to Islam and were sent them to military academy where they were trained on military tactics. Soon they became a good soldier. They were always loyal to the Ottaman Kings and were given handsome salary. This system remained for 2 to 3 centuries and here lies the secret of Ottaman Empires. No where in the history of mankind for so many centuries the Ottaman Dynasty ruled. It is said that the "Kurdish" of Iraq, Iran and Turkey belongs to these ethnic group. In the process these "Kurdish" people a good worrier class and after the 1st World War the Allied forces intentionally divided this worrier class among these three countries. They were never allowed to remain united.

One way you are sayin that Zabanya was quoting from Hindu source the next moment you are again lending the theory of fleeing from same Hindu source. Except some Buddhist Monk, no ordinary citizen flee to Srilanka or China for that matter. They remained as subjugated low caste under Sena Dynasty. Once Islam arrived, buddhist just converted to Islam.

@ Yes, I fully agree with you that no ordinary Buddhist people flee less the Monk. But in a soicity like greater Bengal there were many Monks. Many were killed in mass. Their all religious "Pegodas" were destroyed, their "Behares" were destroyed and latter on the blame was given on the Muslim invaders like Iktiyar Uddin Buktier Khilji.

January 18, 1970: People set fire to the Jamat-e-Islam meeting in Paltan Maidan in Dhaka, East Pakistan

311042_160505800696179_160501724029920_331432_867085_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

@ I am not a supporter of Jamat-e-Islami. But see the picture in 1970 on 18 January 1970 once Yehya Khan opened free politics under Martial Law the stage was burned by the Awami Leaquers. On that day many workers from throughout East Pakistan came attend the political meeting at Palton Maidan. Mulana Mududdi came from West Pakistan to deliver an address for the first time. But Sk Mujib decided not to allow Moduddi to deliver his lecture. The whole Paltan maidan was encilred by the cadres of Awami Leaquers, they bit the innocent supporters of Jammat and finally set on fire on their stage. The poor Molana Moduddi could not address the people. Around 400 to 500 people were injured and 3/4 people were killed. The military regime remained silent. The local print media gave the blame to the internal clash of Jammat. Similarly on 24 January 1970 in the same place Convention Muslim Leaque called for a meeting. Mr Fuzlul Rahman Chow (father of Salauddin Chow) the chief of Convention Muslim Leaque was the chief guest but the AL did not allowed to hold the meeting around 400/500 people were injured and 4/5 people died. So, this was the real face of AL even in those days. In the true sense no political party other than AL, Communist Party and NAP(Muzzaffar) to allowed to campaign for election.

Finally thanks to Faarhan for posting this picture.

Where did you find this theory??? Do you have any source? Sylheti had a long history of settling to UK long before Pakistan was created. The first Indian food was introduced by a Sylheti in 1860 in a UK sea port. It was the Khalasi who used to work in Ships started settling in UK. Refugees did not have ability to migrate to UK.

@ Few Sylheti Khalasi cannot make three British constituency in UK ????? In the three constituency the Sylheties are the deciding factor. Every after 5 years during the election time the Conservative and Labour candidates visits Sylhet for campaign. However it is a thought for study. I heard it from old Sylheti people. I have one book, I will search it and inform you. Thanks.

1. Sylhet was first taken away from Bengal and attached to Assam. It was again returned to Bengla to be reverted to Assam yet again. Finally in 1947 it became a part of E Pak.

2. Zakigonj in Sylhet is located right next to Sylheti speaking Karimgonj in India. Sylhetis on either side of Radcliffe's Line are closely related.

3. Most Sylhetis in Britain have nothing to do with India, and are not from Karimgonj. Concentrations roughly are:
a. Ex-Beani Bazaar inTower Hamlets, London.

b.Ex-Maulavi Bazaar in other areas of London.

c. Other Sylhetis in Britain are from Jaganatpur, Bishnath, Balaganj etc.

4. There are Sylhetis in Britain who did not bother to change their Pak passport for BD.

5. The Bengalee Muslims who migrated from West Bengal are called "Ghoti". They have been doing well being more educated and enjoying preferntial treatment in 1947. However, in numbers they are marginal.

1. Sylhet was first taken away from Bengal and attached to Assam. It was again returned to Bengla to be reverted to Assam yet again. Finally in 1947 it became a part of E Pak.

2. Zakigonj in Sylhet is located right next to Sylheti speaking Karimgonj in India. Sylhetis on either side of Radcliffe's Line are closely related.

3. Most Sylhetis in Britain have nothing to do with India, and are not from Karimgonj. Concentrations roughly are:
a. Ex-Beani Bazaar inTower Hamlets, London.

b.Ex-Maulavi Bazaar in other areas of London.

c. Other Sylhetis in Britain are from Jaganatpur, Bishnath, Balaganj etc.

4. There are Sylhetis in Britain who did not bother to change their Pak passport for BD.

5. The Bengalee Muslims who migrated from West Bengal are called "Ghoti". They have been doing well being more educated and enjoying preferntial treatment in 1947. However, in numbers they are marginal.

I have met many Syhletis from all walks of life during my stay in the UK. Many lead very successful lives in the UK.

@ I am not a supporter of Jamat-e-Islami. But see the picture in 1970 on 18 January 1970 once Yehya Khan opened free politics under Martial Law the stage was burned by the Awami Leaquers. On that day many workers from throughout East Pakistan came attend the political meeting at Palton Maidan. Mulana Mududdi came from West Pakistan to deliver an address for the first time. But Sk Mujib decided not to allow Moduddi to deliver his lecture. The whole Paltan maidan was encilred by the cadres of Awami Leaquers, they bit the innocent supporters of Jammat and finally set on fire on their stage. The poor Molana Moduddi could not address the people. Around 400 to 500 people were injured and 3/4 people were killed. The military regime remained silent. The local print media gave the blame to the internal clash of Jammat. Similarly on 24 January 1970 in the same place Convention Muslim Leaque called for a meeting. Mr Fuzlul Rahman Chow (father of Salauddin Chow) the chief of Convention Muslim Leaque was the chief guest but the AL did not allowed to hold the meeting around 400/500 people were injured and 4/5 people died. So, this was the real face of AL even in those days. In the true sense no political party other than AL, Communist Party and NAP(Muzzaffar) to allowed to campaign for election.

Finally thanks to Faarhan for posting this picture.

I heard our father himself lead the attack .

Gandhi in Noakhali 1946

Gandhi_in_Noakhali_1946.jpg

@ Where is his favourate "Chagol"(Goat) ????? I heard that his goat was taken away by the local people of Noakhali that is why the place is known as "Chagol niaya ". Presently it is one of the Police Station of Noakhali district.

I had not much idea about him..
Let's try internet
Seems he was an Afgan general
He was involved in a lot of conquests..
Hmm.. intersting .. he was instrumental in destroying the revered Buddhist centre of learning Nalanda..
Then he went to Tibet ....
So as a Bengali..
he is not involved in the development of Bengali culture, language, food, dance..
Bengal was a geography for him
He was just like Timur, Alexander,Chengiz etc etc..
If you are asking for generals I admire Alexander.. .. that's it
Not much interest in wars etc

@ He broke the back bone of Sen Dynasty that is a history for us and since than Muslim rule started in Bengal. Now, you will have interest on him.

@ He broke the back bone of Sen Dynasty that is a history for us and since than Muslim rule started in Bengal. Now, you will have interest on him.

Let me repeat
he is not involved in the development of Bengali culture, language, food, dance

Why, as a Bengali, will I be interested in him ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom