What's new

Old Bangla Photos

A little story regarding My current hometown ( Joydebpur). I am originally Noakhailla :devil:

Joydebpur's Jaminder known as Vawal Raja is one of the most famous Jamindars in Bangladesh! He is known as Bhawal Sanyashi. Legend says " His wife had affair with his physicist. The physicist poisoned him while travelling in Darjiling ( the Jaminder had syphilis and was sick). He was taken to Shoshman. But it was raining. So everyone left without setting fire! When the rain ended his body was not found......

legend says he was taken by naga sannysi who treated him.

After several years a sannyasi took shelter near Buriganga, People recognized him as dead(!) Jaminder. He was taken to Joydebpur by his sisters. But his wife the queen refused to give him share of the property by saying he was not him! This was the most discussed case in british court and Jaminder got his propert back! It is said that when the Jaminder described about their nights in the court and a mark in her body, the queen fainted!

Anyway He was cruel before this incident.... Muslim community ( few families) Had to flee his reign deep inside Shalbon in a secret place! When he found out, he sent his army! To save those families Nawab Salimullah had to sent his Army from Dacca!

i have already posted his photo! Posting again! You know, tigers were found in Gazipur even 100 years ago!

319570_173228126090613_160501724029920_368727_1775341778_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Indigenous people in bengal, jharkhand and bihar, used to be fearsome soldier.

Oh my poor knowledge! :lol:

thanx btw

^ you must have heard the folklore - age dome, bage dome, ghora dome saaje.

Agdum bagdum chora!

portrait of a man of the Kochh Mandai tribe holding a thick-bladed agricultural knife - Eastern Bengal 1860's

318353_160832847330141_160501724029920_332332_1705608_n.jpg

i have already posted his photo! Posting again! You know, tigers were found in Gazipur even 100 years ago!

319570_173228126090613_160501724029920_368727_1775341778_n.jpg

Thats the Royal Bengal Tiger completly extinct from Bangladesh. Indian could help on how many Royal Bengal still left in India.

Regarding bhaowal raja, didn't the incident about him and nawab solimullah, as far as I know, he was a spoil brat who spent most of his time at hunting.

Yeah the case was famous and went as far as privy council in london.

from a book! Well researched on Gazipur history bought it from Bangla Academy Stall! The book had all references from british court!

Anyway forgot to mention that Joydevbur ( a part of present Gazipur) belonged to Muslim Jmindar Vawal Gazi family......
forefather of Vawal sanyasi was his finance minister ( nayeb) who treacherously took control of the land!

OMG I know that one! Mum used to sing it for me when I was a kid, and I hear her sing it to my nephew. Don't know the words though:(

That one and Tai tai tai mama bari jai!

from a book! Well researched on Gazipur history bought it from Bangla Academy Stall! The book had all references from british court!

Anyway forgot to mention that Joydevbur ( a part of present Gazipur) belonged to Muslim Jmindar Vawal Gazi family......
forefather of Vawal sanyasi was his finance minister ( nayeb) who treacherously took control of the land!

No I was talking about domes and their skill at war.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

OMG I know that one! Mum used to sing it for me when I was a kid, and I hear her sing it to my nephew. Don't know the words though:(

That one and Tai tai tai mama bari jai!

Hahaha I heard that one too, mama dilo doodh bhaat duare bose khai!!

Regarding bhaowal raja, didn't the incident about him and nawab solimullah, as far as I know, he was a spoil brat who spent most of his time at hunting.

Yeah the case was famous and went as far as privy council in london.

Well, i forgot who was it maybe him or his mother Rani Bilashmoni or someone else! but this incident took place between his family and Salimullah!

Hahaha I heard that one too, mama dilo doodh bhaat duare bose khai!!

It was pet bhore khai for us, and then mami aelo laathi niye, polai polai:D

Don't know why Mami needs to be so mean. :confused:

Thats the Royal Bengal Tiger completly extinct from Bangladesh. Indian could help on how many Royal Bengal still left in India.

300-400 tigers left in Bangladesh side!

last time i heard their number was increasing

last time i heard their number was increasing

last time i heard their nu
mber was increasing

Thats the mangrove tigers from Sundarban smallest of its kind. Royal Bengal Tigers are the biggest of its kind and different than mangrove tigers.

Back
Top Bottom