What's new

Old Bangla Photos

whats wrong if someone believes that Hindu Muslim Vai vai? Yes i always knew that hindus and muslims are just like water and oil..... After visiting this forum i also came to know almost all of them hate muslims, even innocent palestinians are terrorist to them..... But is hating innocent Hindus is permissible by Islam?? Waiting for your reply....

P.S. there is difference in language.... Example:We call bathing as ' gosol ' they call it 'Snan'...

@ Faarhan, it is not only the difference in language but in other aspects also. Some of these differences are given below:

1. "Mangsu" - "Gosh".
2. "Jol" - " Pani".
3. Pishi, mashi, didi etc - Khala, Phopu,bon etc.
4. The hindu women give a "Tip" but most muslim women don not.
5. The Hindu women after marriage give "Shidoor" own their for head but muslim women don not.

1947 Bengal Partition

partition-5.jpg

Bangladesh Old Photo Archive

Portrait of five opium smokers arranged in a Chauki (small bed like furniture) with pipes and other equipments - Eastern Bengal 1860's

294018_160876523992440_160501724029920_332725_3391350_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Nawabs circus party (1880)

317833_160512047362221_160501724029920_331489_4803275_n.jpg

@ Faarhan, it is not only the difference in language but in other aspects also. Some of these differences are given below:

1. "Mangsu" - "Gosh".
2. "Jol" - " Pani".
3. Pishi, mashi, didi etc - Khala, Phopu,bon etc.
4. The hindu women give a "Tip" but most muslim women don not.
5. The Hindu women after marriage give "Shidoor" own their for head but muslim women don not.

ah! from your post i remembered, when i was a kid i used to learn arabic from an imam of a mosque, he asked me to call meat " Gosto" instead of Mangsho, though i still call it mangsho! :pop:

@ Hi Faarhan, this is not the picture of Bengal. The Bengalee people donnot take "Hokka", moreso their dresses are not similar with Bengalee people ????

There can also be a mistake from your side. Hookka is not an issue. Elders of educated and good families do not smoke Hookkas that you see in the villages. Village Hookkas are made of a simple empty shell of a coconut. But, I have seen people smoking Hookka among the Bangalis in even the '60s that is seen in the picture.

Another point is, who could be these refugees? Refugees poured in to east Pakistan from Bihar, Orissa, Maddhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. There were also Bangali refugees, but their number was less than the refugees from other parts of India. Now, check the photo and tell us if it is possible that these refugees could have been heading towards east Pakistan or not. But, I agree that they could also be heading to the west.

There can also be a mistake from your side. Hookka is not an issue. Elders of educated and good families do not smoke Hookkas that you see in the villages. Village Hookkas are made of a simple empty shell of a coconut. But, I have seen people smoking Hookka among the Bangalis in even the '60s that is seen in the picture.

Another point is, who could be these refugees? Refugees poured in to east Pakistan from Bihar, Orissa, Maddhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. There were also Bangali refugees, but their number was less than the refugees from other parts of India. Now, check the photo and tell us if it is possible that these refugees could have been heading towards east Pakistan or not. But, I agree that they could also be heading to the west.

exactly. from a previous post ........ dress up seems similar except for the Chador which is most probably for the winter!

307390_160831980663561_160501724029920_332314_4482316_n.jpg

[/COLOR]Gurudasi Mondol gave herself up to madness in 1971, during the Liberation War of Bangladesh, as she watched her entire family being killed by the Razakars, the collaborators of the occupying forces. Imprisoned and raped by the commander of the Razakars, she was freed months later by a unit of the Bangladesh Liberation army. Thirty something years later, she continues to roam the streets of Kopilmoni, in small-town Bangladesh, in search of all she has lost; snatching at will from strangers and breaking into spaces normally reserved for men. She is unafraid and scornful of authorities. In her madness, she has found a strategy for survival. In Kopilmoni, Gurudasi has attained near legendary status. Through her indomitable presence, she has kept the spirit of the Liberation War.

263313_205117216209066_198132090240912_511925_8381478_n.jpg

The stupid govt of Bangladesh must take care of this heroin of our country and accord her with all the facilities like accomodation, food and medical treatment. She is a symbol of our pain and turmoil. Only Allah knows how much she has suffered and is suffering.

Instead of taking any responsiblities for people like her, the govt, specially the AL govt, keeps on handing over Muktijoddha Certicates to all their caders who never participated in the 1971 war.

exactly. from a previous post ........ dress up seems similar except for the Chador which is most probably for the winter!

307390_160831980663561_160501724029920_332314_4482316_n.jpg

Dress codes changes time to time. For example, I have seen Ghagra-wearing small and teenage girls. But, now-a-days we see them very seldom. I wish this dress to come back with new designs. In post No. 262 the dress is different from the dresses that men and women wear now. At present, young women dress with Sawar-Kameej and an URNI or Orna all over BD, India and Pakistan. But, looking at the picture in #262, it seems these were not there in the 1860s. But, women are seen wearing Ghagra.

The stupid govt of Bangladesh must take care of this heroin of our country and accord her with all the facilities like accomodation, food and medical treatment. She is a symbol of our pain and turmoil. Only Allah knows how much she has suffered and is suffering.

Instead of taking any responsiblities for people like her, the govt, specially the AL govt, keeps on handing over Muktijoddha Certicates to all their caders who never participated in the 1971 war.

This is exactly my problem with Awamileague! They are more interested in power/money blackmailing people's patriotism through ' স্বাধীনতার সপক্ষের শক্তি " card! I hate them from core!

They look like punjabis to me.. not bengalis... also the pic is from punjab 1947....and not bengal partition.

Only few Bangalis came to east Pakistan in that fashion. People from Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh came like that way for fear of death threats. We call them Bihari collectively. However, the picture may of Punjabis heading towards west Pakistan.

one who deals with dead bodies !

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Ahsan manzil- Nawab Salimullah with local elites (1902)

318925_160507474029345_160501724029920_331447_5902319_n.jpg

Yes, this is how the Muslim men of distinction in Bengal and India used to dress in those days, as if they were still a part of Mughal elite. Very happy to see this picture.

Back
Top Bottom