What's new

Oil & Gass pipeline from Iran to Pakistan needed for strategic purposes, road & electric to China

tore

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
In context to the ongoing oil, gass and electricity crises in Pakistan its obvious that Pakistan must have alternatives sources for import of electricty, oil and gass supply to Pakistan and other goods.

I want pakistani people to remember 1971 when Indian navy blocked the seaport of Karachi and no goods were comming inn or out of Pakistan by sea. With this memory in mind i feel strange that the politicians and strategic planners of Pakistan havnt developed alternatives routes for trade of oil, gass, electricity, rail/road and other business into Pakistan.

Iran
In my oppinion Pakistan must have good road/rail connection to Iran.
Pakistan should be connected to the Iranian electric grid by transpission lines to Iran.
Pakistan should have oil & gass pipelines to Iran , so Pakistan dont depend on transport via seaways for oil & gass, but via more safe routes via Quetta to Iran etc.

These alternatives arent just for business, but also strategic reasons. Dont know what pakistani goverment is doing now or in the past.

China

Simmilarly Pakistan should have excellent motorway standard to China, the same as M2 motorway from Lahore-Islamabad. And overall good infrastructure all the way to China border. This for strategic purposes in addition to normal ties. Also rail.

And develope good roads/rail via China to Tadjikistan, Kyrgistan, Kazakhstan and Russia.

Else Pakistan should get connected to Chinas electric grid and import electricity from China.

Afghanistan:
Due to not friendly goverment in Afghanistan, Pakistan cant utilize Afghanistan for trade, business and transport and vice versa . But bypass Afghanistan via Iran or China. Due to circumstances mainly policies of Karzai goverment, Afghans are not welcome as good neighbours in Pakistan, but seen suspiciously as agents for India. Else Afghans is involved in much illigal activity in Pakistan. Its why Pakistan is expelling Afghans from Pakistan.

Afghanistan must decide if it want good ties with Pakistan or not, it looks like Primeminsiter Ashraf Ghani have understood the importance of Pakistan for Afghanistan, i hope this understanding will originate in cooperative ties between both countries, so the potential for business, transport, tourism, defence, education and in other fields could been utiliazed.

For the time beeing due to Afghanistans domestic circumstances and policies neither Iran, Pakistan or China want to build road, rail or increase cooperation in other fields with Afghanistan. For that Afghanistan must change its policies and stablize Afghanistan and stop fighting.

Central - Asia & Russia
Pakistan should have clear policy on towards Central Asia & Russia .
regional trade should be promoted, and increased people to people is good for business, higher education, development of transport connection and tourism.

Last edited:
Ever heard of the Economic Hitman?
Wonder why a stable military government had to be replaced by corrupt NRO mafia? Why was Nawaz govt brought in to be controlled via Saudi via Washington.

And how a certain Gen. Kiyani became the guarantor of a conspiracy that brought the country down from a stable 6.5% annual growth to an economic stand still...

Iran and Nawaz (Saudi)... you sure mate?
Oh and you definitely need to spend some time reading up and doing some research before you make a post. Road and Rail links are already being built to China from Gwadar, and another Linking Iran-Turkey and Pakistan with high speed trains...

And non friendly govt. in Afghanistan??? Wonder why indians are going all ga ga on the border? Because their policies and investment in Afghanistan is failing now and their asses are burning...

P.S: You might wanna watch this and I strongly suggest you do even if you hate the host.

Mr "War Thunder" I understand the dynamics you refer to regarding Saudi friendly Nawaz sharif, better ties with Afghanistan nowadays due to Primeminsiter Ashraf Ghani. I am also aware of the fact that its plan to build rail/road links to China.

I am just emphasizing the need to develope alternatives for petrolum import from Saudi Arabia independent of Iran-Saudi issu.

One friend of me drove by car from Europe to Pakistan via Taftan-Quetta. He told me that the distance from Pakistani border to Islamabad did him more tired then all the way from Western Europe to Pakistani border. I was also told that Balochistan was the most underdeveloped stretch between Western Europe and Islambad, Pakistan.

As everybody knows about the petrolum crisic in Pakistan nowadays, in context to that i was just reminding that Pakistan must have alternative source of import of oil, gass, electricity from Iran. Pakistan can depend on only Karachi/Gawadar seaport. Its reassuring to have import of vital commodities via Iran. And the need of excellent transport infrastructure in Balochistan and from Balochistan to Iran.

Last edited:
Mr "War Thunder" I understand the dynamics you refer to regarding Saudi friendly Nawaz sharif, better ties with Afghanistan nowadays due to Primeminsiter Ashraf Ghani. I am also aware of the fact that its plan to build rail/road links to China.

I am just emphasizing the need to develope alternatives for petrolum import from Saudi Arabia independent of Iran-Saudi issu.

One friend of me drove by car from Europe to Pakistan vita taftan-quetta. He told me that the distance from Pakistani border to Islamabad did him more tired then all the was from western Europe to pakistani border. I was also told that Balochistan was the most underdeveloped stretch between Western Europe and Islambad, Pakistan.

As everybody knows about the petrolum crisic in Pakistan nowadays, in context to that i was just reminding that Pakistan must have alternative source of import of oil, gass, electricity from Iran. Pakistan can depend on only Karachi/Gawadar seaport. Its reassuring to have imort of vital commodities via Iran. And the need of excellent transport infrastructure in Balochistan and from Balochistan to Iran.
Totally agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom