What's new

Official thread for Bangladesh Premiere League (BPL)

Khulna Royal bengal

Icon player- Shakib Al Hasan
Abdur Razzak- $85,000
Nasir Hossain- $200,000
... Andrea Russel- $85,000
Sanath Jaysuria- $110,000
Neil O' Brian- $80,000
Fiddel Edwards- $60,000
Shafiul Hossain- $65,000
Joss Butler- $25,000
Shibnarayan Chanderpaul- $25,000
Nazmul Hossain- $35,000
Dollar Mahmud- $20,000
Sagir Mohammad Pavel- $20,000
Marshal Ayug- $20,000
Sagir Hossain- $20,000
Herschel Gibbs- $100,000
Dwayne Smith- $25,000

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Chittagong Kings

Tamim Iqbal-
Shoaib Malik- $150,000
Muttaiyah Muralidharan- $100,000
... ... Dwayne Bravo- $150,000
Mahmudullah Riad- $110,000
Farhad Reza- $65,000
Jaharul Islam- $110,000
Alex Kervisi- $35,000
Nasir Amshed- $100,000
Kayal Kabzar- $25,000
Kexil Kooper- $25,000
London Simons- $25,000
Faisal Hossain Dickens- $20,000
Enammul Haq Jr- $55,000
Ziaur Rahman- $40,000
Sanjamul Islam- $40,000
Samsur Rahman- $45,000
Jerome Taylor- $50,000

Most embarrassing thing is no one bought Scott Styris! How come??

Shahid Afridi Gets $700,000 Contract In Bangladesh Premier League :)

Shahid Afridi, currently playing in the T20 Big Bash League, has been picked for a sum of $700,000 in the Bangladesh Premier League 2012.

By Sammy C

Shahid Afridi and Chris Gayle were awarded contracts worth $700,000 and $551,000 respectively in the inaugural edition of the Bangladesh Premier League 2012.

Follow @sbnation on Twitter, and Like SBNation.com on Facebook.

Jan 19, 2012 -

Shahid Afridi was awarded the biggest contract in the Bangladesh Premier League player auction as Dhaka Gladiators won him for $700,000 while Chris Gayle will be paid a sum of $551,000 in the first edition of the tournament later this year.

Barisal Burners will have the services of Gayle for the Bangladesh Premier League.

There were other West Indian and Pakistani cricketers who were sold at the auction as well, what with Marlon Samuels being purchased for $360,000 by the Duronto Rajshahi and Kieron Pollard getting $300,000 deal from the Gladiators.

All-rounders Dwayne Bravo and Shoaib Malik will be paid a sum of $150,000 apiece to feature in the tournament.

Among the other prominent players to be picked up by the franchises, there is a sum of $100,000 for Sri Lankan bowlers Muttiah Muralitharan and Chaminda Vaas, the New Zealand allrounder Scott Styris and Zimbabwe captain Brendan Taylor. Australian leg-spinner Stuart MacGill, who had earlier retired but is now playing in the Big Bash League gets a price of $50,000 for his one year of services.

The first edition of the Bangladesh Premier League will begin on February 9 and will go on till February 29. The six teams will play each other twice, making it a total of 30 league games, followed by two semi-finals and a final.

Shahid Afridi Gets $700,000 Contract In Bangladesh Premier League - SBNation.com

Bhai Jaan, please don't forget about us. :P

So Afridi the most expensive chip of tournament for over 700,000 dollar ....not bad

KARACHI: A sense of national duty prevailed over money as flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi, after hitting the jackpot at the auction for the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), confirmed that he will miss the Twenty20 tournament and instead turn out for Pakistan against England.
Afridi was sold to the Dhaka franchise for $700,000 – the highest bid for any player in the auction – and would have featured in the tournament to be played from February 9 to 28. However, Afridi, the first choice for all the bidders, expressed his unavailability for the Bangladesh league.
‘I won’t take part in the BPL,” Afridi told The Express Tribune from Australia where the all-rounder is taking part in the Big Bash League.
“It’s clashing with the limited-overs series against England in the UAE and that’s my focus. My preference has always been my national team and I’m looking forward to giving my best against England.”
The experienced cricketer, however, felt honoured to have been sold for the highest amount, adding that he was ‘happy that I’ve been chosen above many famed cricketers’.
Afridi also confirmed that he will not be taking pat in the earlier matches which do not clash with Pakistan’s schedule.
“I’ll utilise those days for training. I can only think about playing in the league when I don’t have national commitments.”
Earlier, the all-rounder also expressed his unavailability for the opening stages of the South Africa domestic Twenty20 competition.
Saeed Ajmal ($100,000), Rana Naved ($100,000) and Imran Nazir ($85,000) were also bought by Dhaka Gladiators. West Indians Chris Gayle and Kieron Pollard, and Pakistan all-rounder Shoaib Malik ($150,000) were among the other foreign players sold in the auction.
Player Sold for
Shahid Afridi $700,000
Shoaib Malik $150,000
Saeed Ajmal $100,000
Rana Naved $100,000
Sohail Tanvir $100,000
Kamran Akmal $100,000
Abdul Razzaq $100,000
Imran Nazir $85,000
Mohammad Sami $70,000
Fawad Alam $45,000
Qaiser Abbas $25,000Afridi shuns Bangladesh league for Pakistan duty – The Express Tribune
Faisal Iqbal $25,000

At least this is good part of Afridi that he consider country first...See the idiot Indian cricketers...bunch of selfish loosers...

KARACHI: A sense of national duty prevailed over money as flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi, after hitting the jackpot at the auction for the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), confirmed that he will miss the Twenty20 tournament and instead turn out for Pakistan against England.
Afridi was sold to the Dhaka franchise for $700,000 – the highest bid for any player in the auction – and would have featured in the tournament to be played from February 9 to 28. However, Afridi, the first choice for all the bidders, expressed his unavailability for the Bangladesh league.
‘I won’t take part in the BPL,” Afridi told The Express Tribune from Australia where the all-rounder is taking part in the Big Bash League.

What can I say. I salute him for the decision :tup: but it's sad for me that he won't play in BD. :cry:

^^ it will be a flop! because busy schedule of international players... we are getting only West indies players! and Business Mughals in BD avoided buying teams. I dont know why!!!

They didn't have good experience investing in NCL and PCL so this time stayed away from investing on BPL cause of lack of confidence!! I think its the fault of BCB that they couldn't convince them!! Everything depends on the first season, if its successful then both the new and existing teams (if given sell) will generate bigger amounts!!

What can I say. I salute him for the decision :tup: but it's sad for me that he won't play in BD. :cry:

Its actually a drama to portrait himself as a patriotic person!! He'll be playing from 27th Feb, the deal already said that he'll be available to play only the semi and the final if Dhaka qualifies which won't clash with his internation commitments!!

Nevertheless, I'm a big fan of Afridi and glad that my home division Dhaka bought him!! :cheers:

250px-Duronto_Rajshahi_Logo.jpg

:lol: Wahts with the name? Its the name of a train service in India:woot:

Back
Top Bottom