What's new

Official: Iran wants to buy helicopters and fighters from Russia

I suggest Iran consider cooperating with Pakistan to upgrade and manufacture JF17, purchase and introduce JF17 production line.
On the one hand, JF17 can replace about 250 F1, F4, F5, F6 and F7 fighters.
On the one hand, strengthen diplomatic relations with Pakistan through cooperation. A stable and reliable fighter production line can also be obtained.
Iran can purchase Su30SM2 to replace 55 F14 and form a Russian fighter team with 30 MiG29A& 55 Su30SM2.
Iran should also consider investing in 5G fighter project. It is suggested to consider joining AZM projects, or J31.
It is not appropriate to rely on only one country's fighters. Iran should completely abandon Western fighters and obtain fighters from Russia and China at the same time, and invest in their own fighter production and research.
Iran can even consider cooperating with Pakistan to produce SD10 and PL15E.

It would have made complete sense for Iran to go with the JF17s years ago but at this point, setting up production plants themselves will take many years. Many more years before even the First thunder gets off the assembly line.

I think for now the only realistic options for Iran is the SU35 and J10. They may go with a small batch of Su35 (24-36) and maybe a few dozen J10s (50?). Apart from that the best option would be to scale up production of their F5 replicas and possibly equip them with modern miniture AESA and other avionics. Even a hundred of such fighters could serve as force multipliers. Ideally IIAF would need:

- 36 SU35
- 50 J10
-120 F5XX
- 24 F14 Tomcats
- 30 Mig29s

I suggest Iran consider cooperating with Pakistan to upgrade and manufacture JF17, purchase and introduce JF17 production line.
On the one hand, strengthen diplomatic relations with Pakistan through cooperation. A stable and reliable fighter production line can also be obtained.
Iran can purchase Su30SM2 to replace 55 F14 and form a Russian fighter team with 30 MiG29A& 55 Su30SM2.
Iran should also consider investing in 5G fighter project. It is suggested to consider joining AZM projects, or J31.
It is not appropriate to rely on only one country's fighters. Iran should completely abandon Western fighters and obtain fighters from Russia and China at the same time, and invest in their own fighter production and research.

well , I already said this idea , but ... I don't have any hope on I.R anymore , almost all of their action and descisions are against Iran and Iranians ...

Better for Iran (and Pakistan) that Iran goes for the J-10 and Su-35 and leaves Pakistan out of its Military designs. If Iran wants to cooperate with Pakistan, it should start by resolving outstanding political issues like anti-Pakistan militants and their sponsors operating on their territory.

Moderators don’t you wanna close this section such a news and propaganda Is spreading around

I dont believe any of these rumours.
I will believe DELIVERING of SU-30/SU-35 to Iran when I see them in airbases in Iran.
One thing is a deal signed, and a very different thing is planes DELIVERED to customer.

I think Iran will NOT allow same old cases to happen again, and let again Russia eats Iran's money without fulfilling the delivering of purchases.

Sin
I dont believe any of these rumours.
I will believe DELIVERING of SU-30/SU-35 to Iran when I see them in airbases in Iran.
One thing is a deal signed, and a very different thing is planes DELIVERED to customer.

I think Iran will NOT allow same old cases to happen again, and let again Russia eats Iran's money without fulfilling the delivering of purchases.
Signing a "contract" or even a treaty means didly squat to the western hypocrites or duplicitous Russia, 5 major world powers negotiated the now defunct JCPOA with Iran in "good faith" and then the deal was signed to be reneged and torn up by Donald Trump under Jew pressure and now senile Biden who has no real power, is playing the same game of deceit and cheat with the Zionist soulless Blinken in charge. People fail to understand, how deeply entrenched the Zionists are in Russia and Putin's allegiance to Jew oligarchs. Russia tooka decade to deliver outdated S-300 to Iran, and only after being sued. I hope the Russians for their own sake and whatever credibility is left do indeed honor this deal if it is real. I would not hold my breath yet!

I believe China is a far better bet for Iran to be developing a spectrum of defence, strategic, economic, diplomatic and political ties.

Better for Iran (and Pakistan) that Iran goes for the J-10 and Su-35 and leaves Pakistan out of its Military designs. If Iran wants to cooperate with Pakistan, it should start by resolving outstanding political issues like anti-Pakistan militants and their sponsors operating on their territory.

We can imitate <Cooperation mechanism for law enforcement and security in Mekong waters>(China, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand signed on October 31, 2011). China, Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan signed a security cooperation agreement to establish a four nation joint security and counter-terrorism force to cooperate in combating all illegal organizations(TTP, BLA, ISIS...) in the region.

PS: The four countries of the Mekong River jointly clear the Golden Triangle in only two years.
In 2013, Nuo Kang was extradited to China for execution. This marked the collapse of the major drug trafficking groups in the golden triangle.
cnpic.crntt-2.jpg

img1.cache.netease.jpg

At the same time, I suggest that:
Pakistan and Afghanistan shelve the issue of the Durand line for 50 years and negotiate the Durand line after 50 years.
The Taliban allowed Tajiks to enter the govt.
Pakistan allows Afghanistan to connect CEPC and use Gwadar Port.
China is promise to large-scale investment in Afghanistan.
Tajikistan allows Afghanistan to connect the B&R line and uses Tajikistan's water resources to open lithium mines.

In this way, the four countries will gain and lose something:
Iran has won the friendship between Afghanistan and Pakistan, eliminated terrorist organizations, obtained support for the Tajik people in Afghanistan, obtained Chinese investment and obtained a stable oil sales channel. Iran will lose its influence in parts of Pakistan.
Pakistan has won the friendship of Afghanistan and Iran, eliminated terrorist organizations, obtained a stable development environment and a stable source of oil. Pakistan will lose part of the friendship between Saudi Arabia and the Americans.
The Taliban have won the friendship of all neighboring countries, the stability of the regime, a large amount of investment, two north-south commercial channels and Indian Ocean ports. The Taliban will lose the reason to refuse Tajiks to enter the government.
China has gained a lot and made investment.

Last edited:
It would have made complete sense for Iran to go with the JF17s years ago but at this point, setting up production plants themselves will take many years. Many more years before even the First thunder gets off the assembly line.

I think for now the only realistic options for Iran is the SU35 and J10. They may go with a small batch of Su35 (24-36) and maybe a few dozen J10s (50?). Apart from that the best option would be to scale up production of their F5 replicas and possibly equip them with modern miniture AESA and other avionics. Even a hundred of such fighters could serve as force multipliers. Ideally IIAF would need:

- 36 SU35
- 50 J10
-120 F5XX
- 24 F14 Tomcats
- 30 Mig29s

J10C relies heavily on China's military system, and it is not suitable to join a country's air force alone. JF17 has better cost performance.

It would be better for Pak, Iran and China to develop a new plane JF18 a 5th gen fighter with 6th gen AI, sensors and weapons' systems.

It would be better --- except what would Iran and Pakistan bring to the table?

I akways thought they would buy from china, given the 400$ billion deal.

400$ billion deal.
That's purely business where both parties get their urgently needed supplies. Arms deals are slightly different, they are extensions of geopolitics especially in naval/aerial weaponry or long-range arsenal, obviously Moscow is in a far more suitable position to conduct such deals with Tehran. Techically speaking, Flankers also fits perfectly well for Iran.

Another factor is KSA-Pakistan, with both China's has much deeper defence ties despite all parties playing extremely low profile. Pakistan we all know, and even the RSSMF (Royal Saudi Strategic Missile Force) is built with Chinese tech/infra. On a more strategic level, KSA and China are perhaps two largest stakeholder in USD maintenance (third one being Japan), providing oil and industrial produce to the global currency system (plus Japan hi-tech) respectively, each acting against will of the other is unimaginable.

why u dreaming lol iran never go after such low class fighter like jf17 even if we have no other option
we have ourslf our own fighter jet and it is better than jf 17

Sorry, but this site, is probably the least reliable site ever ... just forget it!

why u dreaming lol iran never go after such low class fighter like jf17 even if we have no other option
we have ourslf our own fighter jet and it is better than jf 17

Joke of the day! That tine F-5-clone should be better? :omghaha: ... not sure what you smoked, but you should stay away from that stuff, really.

Iran’s best option is Chinese fighter. China will be more than happy to give long term loan on a major purchase or defense joint-venture. ...
China is not stupid enough to invite sanctions on itself for a sale of few fighter jets to Iran.

Back
Top Bottom