What's new

Official: Iran wants to buy helicopters and fighters from Russia

why u dreaming lol iran never go after such low class fighter like jf17 even if we have no other option
we have ourslf our own fighter jet and it is better than jf 17
Believe what you want to believe, but glad we are in agreement that Iran shouldn’t (be allowed to) get the JF-17. :coffee:

Obviously the US.

If it wasn't for that, China would've sold all sorts to Iran by now.

Take for example the Iran-Pakistan Gas pipeline. No Chinese bank wants to fund it due to fear of US sanctions.

sanction..... the chinese military?

the military that's already sanctioned by the US?

did you mean sanction china overall?
if they could, they would already (see everything from huawei to solar panels to truck tires) , without needing some silly excuse of selling to iran. yet they could not sanction china in total.

this would not be a civilian thing where the companies involved might need to still do business with us and us allies(ie: sell to them or buy parts from them), this would be a state to state military sale.

Obviously the US
I beg to differ, bilateral trade has been normal if not increasing, China couldn't care about how US feel or react, especially on G2G level. Recent news from Chinese sources say the Pakistani section of the pipeline will continue as planned, as included in a recent $15B package. But there is still a pause/delay on Irani section, perhaps technical issues, or maybe it is security, I'm not sure.
all sorts to Iran
Like I said previously, KSA and Pakistan concerns play key role in potential China-Iran arms deal that's why the chance of which is next to zero.

I beg to differ, bilateral trade has been normal if not increasing, China couldn't care about how US feel or react, especially on G2G level. ...
That's the thing. China's trade with the US is too important than selling a few jet fighters to Iran.

That trade keeps increasing as you rightly pointed out simply because both countries compromise to each other on these sort of matters. You know, its like: if you postpone this sale to that country, I'll increase sale of this thing to you.

Like I said previously, KSA and Pakistan concerns play key role in potential China-Iran arms deal that's why the chance of which is next to zero.

In my view, China will be mistaken to assume that it can gradually detach the Saudi regime from its American patrons by inking major economic deals with Ryadh and by supplying them with nuclear technology and strategic types of weaponry (in particular BM's). Likewise, Beijing would miscalculate by postulating that in case of a major conflagration between China and the US, Ryadh is not going to side with Washington and will refrain from cutting off its oil exports to China. Because, the degree to which US imperialists (and zionists as well) infiltrate and subjugate their client states (so-called allies) is such that in the event these clients begin to seriously envisage balancing out their relationship to the US with one of America's competitors, then Washington will easily be able to act preemptively in order to discipline its vassals either through a palace coup, a "colored revolution", or even violent regime change if necessary.

Iranians are well aware of this issue, seeing how the former regime of the shah had been infiltrated by US and British intelligence services, masonry, zionists and their affiliate networks to such an extent that even after the anti-imperialist 1979 Islamic Revolution, these networks managed to keep in place certain covert stay-behind assets. Assets which presented themselves as opponents to the shah and as revolutionaries, managed to occupy official functions within the Islamic Republic but were in reality fifth columnists handled by the same hostile foreign intelligence agencies (Mossad, CIA, MI6) which had set up the shah's SAVAK in the first place. Such elements are referred to as 'nofoozis' or infiltrated agents of influence within the system, who are in fact working for the enemies of Iran and the Islamic Republic.

It's not going to be any different in Saudi Arabia. When comes the moment of truth, one phone call from Washington will suffice for Ryadh to interrupt its energy supplies to China, or else infiltrated networks will be activated to cause the necessary heads to roll at the top of the Saudi hierarchy.

The reality is that in case of a war or other type of major crisis opposing the US and China, it's Iran that China will be able to count on for its petroleum needs - not Saudi Arabia, no matter how much Beijing proceeds to expand its bilateral relationship with Ryadh. US imperialists enjoy an inherent technical advantage in this regard, insofar as their imperialistic ways lead them not just to systematically interfere in the internal affairs of client states, but also to encroach themselves in the security apparatus and deep state infrastructures of said clients. Whereas China, by contrast, has made it one of its foreign policy pillars to shun any notion of intervention in the domestic politics of partners (which is of course the more noble and commendable approach, but should not lead to short-sightedness as to the Washington regime's effective clout over its close strategic allies).

Now I've seen some persons opine that strategic level accords between China and the Saudis are a sign of growing autonomization of Ryadh vis a vis the US and that Saudi Arabia is now asserting its independence in the international sphere. However, this is not really so. What is in fact the case is that up to a certain point, the US regime is quite glad to see the Saudis enhance their ties with Beijing, considering how this might give the former some leverage in encouraging China to limit its support for Islamic Iran. And knowing that if the Saudis go too far, Washington has the means to punish them.

But planners in Beijing must be perfectly aware of all the above. Therefore, the motivations I can think of behind China's weapons deals and other sensitive engagements with Saudi Arabiaare twofold:

1) Economic profit.

2) China sees in Iran the potential to evolve into a genuine world power, with its reach extending beyond its own region. And world powers, even when at odds with each other, are not usually keen to welcome new members into their exclusive circle, as that would only force them to share a piece of the pie. Hence the desire to contain Iran to some extent, while at the same time preventing the US regime from having its way and toppling the Islamic Republic in order to plunge Iran into chaos, which would be detrimental to China's OBOR architecture.

Last edited:
" Iran and Russia have a history of arms markets, with Tehran spending $ 10 billion on MiG-29, Sukhoi-24, and Kilo-class submarines in the early 1970s. "

1970s must be a typo

That's the thing. China's trade with the US is too important than selling a few jet fighters to Iran.

That trade keeps increasing as you rightly pointed out simply because both countries compromise to each other on these sort of matters. You know, its like: if you postpone this sale to that country, I'll increase sale of this thing to you.
I understand what you're saying bro, perhaps I haven't expressed correctly. What I was saying is Sino-Iran bilateral trade is normal and even increasing, China doesn't care how US feel or react. And yes, Sino-US trade is just as normal apparently, but the trade war is not over yet, perhaps never will and further escalate to full-scale hot war, so whether US side impose more sanction doesn't surprise let alone scare anyone, China will retaliate as well, it has become a sports.

Sino-Iran arms deal is not influenced by Sino-US tension, IMO it's not happening because of KSA, Pakistan and Russia.

in case of a major conflagration between China and the US, Ryadh is not going to side with Washington and will refrain from cutting off its oil exports to China
Excellent post!

Bro no worry about that, most of us (I mean even average Chinese) know what is the "Kingdom" nature of KSA, say who protects the Kings and keep them in power, how petro supports dollar (petrodollar) hegemony in return, and of course US role in all of it, I bet top strategy makers in Beijing would only know more. Let's not worry about Sino-US war, it will be over perhaps in weeks while all sea routes are hostile anyway, if not in hours and the planet cease to exist.

We all know the existing global reserve currency is printed by the biggest debtor nation on this planet, and the dark hole is only getting deeper everyday with no end in sight. If this is the biggest Ponzi Scheme ever in human history, the three biggest consipirers KSA (oil), China (industrial) and Japan (hi-tech & capital) are just as guilty as each other, and just as deeply vested. It's only in mutual benefit of KSA and China to actively "coordinate" rather than being divided and conquered. China has a lot to offer on the table including things currently "supplied" by US, the people of KSA as well as the Kings can choose freely what they need, at a time that suits them.

Last edited:

Do you think China's sale of fighters to Iran will affect China's trade with USA? I suggest that Americans first solve the problems of inflation and goods shortage, and then think about the trade between China and USA.
The oil pipelines in Iran and Pakistan have received loans from China Construction Bank, and it is a project of PetroChina.
China never cares about US sanctions. Pakistan and Russia have far more influence on the transactions between China and Iran than USA, because China cares more about these two countries.

Do you think China's sale of fighters to Iran will affect China's trade with USA? I suggest that Americans first solve the problems of inflation and goods shortage, and then think about the trade between China and USA.
The oil pipelines in Iran and Pakistan have received loans from China Construction Bank, and it is a project of PetroChina.
China never cares about US sanctions. Pakistan and Russia have far more influence on the transactions between China and Iran than USA, because China cares more about these two countries.

This is what happened in March 2012 after US pressure.

This is what happened in March 2012 after US pressure.

It was 2012, not 2022. In 2012, China's navy was not even as good as the Japanese Navy. A lot has happened in the past 10 years.

One must be illiterate about history and politics to believe that Iran and Russia can have substantial arms deals. I would rather believe in France selling stuff to Iran than Russia supplying mythical 6 squadrons of Su-35S and what not.

Iran will never build its airforce. They will keep focusing on layering integrated Airdefence for interceptions and advanced UCAVs (faster, HALE, Stealth, flying wings) and BM/CM packages for the attack. I think that's enough too. The age of manned fighter/Attack jets will be partially over in the next decade.

Recent news from Chinese sources say the Pakistani section of the pipeline will continue as planned, as included in a recent $15B package. But there is still a pause/delay on Irani section, perhaps technical issues, or maybe it is security, I'm not sure.

The Iranian section of the pipeline was completed ten years ago, in summer 2011, and has since then been ready to be connected to Pakistan.

One would hope that the Chinese reports you mentioned about resumption of work on the Pakistani part are correct.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom