What's new

**Official GST Thread** Livestream of GST Bill in RS

& Govt can pull a fast one by passing the same as 'money bill' instead! Then again.. glad that major hurdle has been cleared!

No, as taxes under GST were in state list, so a constitutional amendment has to be passed for abolishing them. After they have been abolished, rest like setting up of GST rate could be done by Money bills.

My concern was if BJP lost in 2019 the pace of reforms will become slow and we lost more years in Congressiya style politics and have one more appointed PM instead of elected one.
Yes that might happen. But who knows what 2019 will bring.
Even congress come, i feel they will continue the reform process, because development is a major factorfor a political party to come to power.

Co8olPyXgAAoSIm.jpg

some one is on a damage recovery mode:D:D:rofl::rofl::rofl::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

JAITLEY's very lenghty REPLY -- nearly One and Half hours
and the sparring with Chidambaram ( Jaitley won ) including the opening statement
was the Best ever in Indian parliament

Jaitley is a super genius
You missed the opening remarks by P. Chidambaram. He made some very good and valid points. But yes Jaitley is a very potent speaker and one loves to listen him in the Rajya Sabha.

You missed the opening remarks by P. Chidambaram. He made some very good and valid points. But yes Jaitley is a very potent speaker and one loves to listen him in the Rajya Sabha.

I listened both the Opening remarks of BOTH -- Jaitley and Chidambaram as well as the closing ones

Everybody else was superfluos

Chidambaram had a SAD look on his face

He was wishing that He could have done this and pulled it off

No, as taxes under GST were in state list, so a constitutional amendment has to be passed for abolishing them. After they have been abolished, rest like setting up of GST rate could be done by Money bills.

The task of amending the constitution is over

The rest of the work can be managed by simple majority

and simply by making them MONEY bills

These Hindi NEWS Bimbos can only Tweet

They dont understand anything

It was the STATES that were against it all these years

That is what Jaitley explained in today's debate -- the apprehensions of states

Jaitley's ACHIEVEMENT is getting the support of states
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS : I am Hindi speaking -- No disrespect to HIndi ; just these Bimbos

It was like Two Gladiators -- But Jaitley prevailed in the debate

Chidamabaram is loosing his sharpness and edge ; He slipped up many a times

In the end ablwas all Jaitley

It was needed, otherwise it will be like a blindbull... Congress is in favor for GST although, they make some maneuver.. which was expected and needed.. A finance minister should be able win in any debate or able to bring consensus... he must have spent lot ground work... but this bill is long waited.. if Cong able to implement it during their era.... today it would be different story.. any how finally this is major achievement for all parties ... leaving one party aside, all the others supported bill.. I hope 50%+ states Say yes.... I don't expecting Tamilnadu is in favor..

Last edited:
Is there any other important bill like GST which is still pending and will be helpful in attracting FDI ? @Dem!god

Is there any other important bill like GST which is still pending and will be helpful in attracting FDI ? @Dem!god
For FDI generally no amendments are needed, FDI liberalization can be done through executive order, like recently modi did. Making many changes in fdi policy of india and how fdi will be processed, by direct method or through committee approval method.
But this change in tax at center and state level hence a constitutional amendment was needed. It will not have direct bearing on fdi but will indirectly favor fdi in india.

States are going to gain a lot that is why they have supported The Government

of course, alcohol and petroleum products exempted but this bill will impact Solar mission directly.. Unfortunately am also on the impact side :mad::mad: .. Im into this business, i hope they bring some changes.. otherwise i have to :feminist:...

lets give credit to Jaitley for bringing consensus between all parties..

and Chidamabaram for making valid argument, congress for not blocking.. i consider, this bill is achievement for everyone ... I am hoping positive outcome for renewable :close_tema:energy ...

Back
Top Bottom