What's new

Obama warns China

We should not elbow smaller countries like Vietnam and Philippines. Instead, we should directly attack their capital cities Hanoi and Manila with PLA and force their governments to obey Beijing.

Nah, just do what we want with our territories and watch them jumping up and down for entertainment.

We should not elbow smaller countries like Vietnam and Philippines. Instead, we should directly attack their capital cities Hanoi and Manila with PLA and force their governments to obey Beijing.

This is China's dream.:p:

Obama's remarks are totally meaningless. Does he expect his hypocritical criticism holds any substance to halt our constructions in SCS? Vietcongs here are jumping around with joy prematurely as if they had achieved something. In the mean time we just keep on building.

yeah I wish you all the best. the US is now in a bad mood because the chinese challenge the US supremacy in Asia and elsewhere. if you say, you will use the farewell gift against China, Obama will give you a huge gift.
and the bad mood US will go back home every time to happy slap little viets who tends its garden````its called stress management````and it seems you viets are quite found about that:D

You put too much stock into what the "neighborhood" thinks, when your idea of the "neighborhood" consists merely of the Philippines and Vietnam.

The two most significant recent geopolitical developments have been the solidification on the China-Russia alignment, and the solidification of the US-PH and US-VN alignment. Can you tell me which is of greater significance? We chose Russia over VN-PH, because the former is a great power, a major military power, with the largest energy reserves in the world. The kind of country you want batting for your team. In contrast, VN-PH have negligible militaries, negligible economies (smaller than most of our provinces), and their "human capital" consists of banana harvesters, nail technicians, and maids for export, which regardless of political relations, will always be desperate to work in coastal Chinese cities. The US finds these countries more palatable allies because their military troops need cheap "adult entertainment and services", and have always been bizarrely taken by squat, brown "women" with highly simian features.

You seem to be under the delusion that PH and VN are trophy wives that caused China to lose big when it failed to court them in its "post-2009 PR battle". The truth is, they are not trophy wives but ragged, wrinkly, deformed peasant women. Their opinions and alignments are worth nothing, and come with an unreasonably high price tag to boot (requiring that China relinquish its territorial sovereignty). Instead, we scored a real Russian trophy wife post-2009, and couldn't be happier :)

Amazing rebuttal @Raphael .

Obama does speak. China continues with naval build-up and construction.

I guess we can live with that.

I wasn't talking about face. I was talking about a PR war that influences leaders and politicians (see my article link from post #101). And this is alot more important than just winning face. In the SCS/ECS disputes, I was arguing that China is losing to the US in the PR war (at least in the eyes of most neighbouring countries).

China took actions that looked aggressive enough to make countries wary of her yet not enough to win anything significant. I see the pattern of China acting very tough and aggressive at first, but then backed down when resistance seems fierce or when they see the blunder. That was my main point. If you look back, China has only gained some small waters from the Philippines but nothing else significant. China's lost, as I was trying to explain, was much bigger.

well honest I think China has never been good at PR war. the west is much more experienced.

I don't think that's a significant loss, though. like waging keyboard wars will change anything.

Amazing rebuttal @Raphael .

Obama does speak. China continues with naval build-up and construction.

I guess we can live with that.

It's a bit too much for Viet to take :lol: , while he keeps on dreaming America will give them Arleigh Burke we are pouring sand and bricks. After sharing his wet dream with us for the past few years, the end result is "nada" and our 055 is gonna make his presence felt by the end of this year or early next year.

It's a bit too much for Viet to take :lol: , while he keeps on dreaming America will give them Arleigh Burke we are pouring sand and bricks. After sharing his wet dream with us for the past few years, the end result is "nada" and our 055 is gonna make his presence felt by the end of this year or early next year.

It is hypocrisy at best.

The President of the USA which controls the Caribbean Sea as if it was its own inland lake, having invaded the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Grenada, and Panama within the recent past, which has been at war with Cuba for half a century, which has conquered the territories of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, armed and trained counter-revolutionaries in Nicaragua and El Salvador, and supported military juntas in Guatemala and Honduras, has the audacity to say he is concerned that China uses its "sheer size and muscle" to push around smaller countries in the South China Sea. What? Give me a break. Not everybody have been lobotomized Mr. President. A few of us actually understand the sheer perversity of you uttering such nonsense.

Last edited:
It is hypocrisy at best.

The President of the USA which controls the Caribbean Sea as if it was its own inland lake, having invaded the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Grenada, and Panama within the recent past, which has been at war with Cuba for half a century, which has conquered the territories of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, armed and trained counter-revolutionaries in Nicaragua and El Salvador, and supported military juntas in Guatemala and Honduras, has the audacity to say he is concerned that China uses its "sheer size and muscle" to push around smaller countries in the South China Sea. What? Give me a break. Not all Americans have been lobotomized Mr. President. A few of us actually understand the sheer perversity of you uttering such nonsense.

Obama's time is running out, only 1 year left and what legacy will he leave behind? Earning the Nobel Peace Prize or trying to change relations with Cuba and Iran as his greatest accomplishments? His China pivot policy utterly failed and the prevention of his allies from joining AIIB totally backfired. After losing face he simply switched to attention whore mode lecturing China not to elbow weaklings. Of course the Viets here praise such words of support but do they realize Obama called them weaklings? The Vietcong egos were just trampled without realizing it themselves after they kept on bragging how they kicked the mighty powers out of their land. We have not forgotten the countless of wars the US has fought against weaker countries based on lies or on regime change. His remarks won't have any effect at all, is he expecting his allies echoing the same sentiments? Whatever farts he has been accumulating inside his intestine, just release it and move on to the next hot topic Hillary running for President.

Obama's time is running out, only 1 year left and what legacy will he leave behind? Earning the Nobel Peace Prize or trying to change relations with Cuba and Iran as his greatest accomplishments? His China pivot policy utterly failed and the prevention of his allies from joining AIIB totally backfired. After losing face he simply switched to attention whore mode lecturing China not to elbow weaklings. Of course the Viets here praise such words of support but do they realize Obama called them weaklings? The Vietcong egos were just trampled without realizing it themselves after they kept on bragging how they kicked the mighty powers out of their land. We have not forgotten the countless of wars the US has fought against weaker countries based on lies or on regime change. His remarks won't have any effect at all, is he expecting his allies echoing the same sentiments? Whatever farts he has been accumulating inside his intestine, just release it and move on to the next hot topic Hillary running for President.

LOL, Hillary running for President will be hilarious.

Mr. Obama is such shameless chap! I bet he won't feel the heat on his cheek when he blabbered those words.

But seriously, I do not understand why the US (presumably the world's only superpower) is so insecure and preoccupied with China in the later's territorial disputes with it's neighbors? Instead of focusing attention on China, Russia, North Korea and Iran, I think it would be more logical for Mr. Obama to contain a clear and present danger in those evil and idiotic terrorist groups like ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Shabab, Al Qaida, etc., which were created during the administration of his predecessor, the Bush (father and son).

What US excels is killing people. I guess they should continue with their regular job and stop hurling threats at China. It is not being effective.

LOL, Hillary running for President will be hilarious.

Mr. Obama is such shameless chap! I bet he won't feel the heat on his cheek when he blabbered those words.

But seriously, I do not understand why the US (presumably the world's only superpower) is so insecure and preoccupied with China in the later's territorial disputes with it's neighbors? Instead of focusing attention on China, Russia, North Korea and Iran, I think it would be more logical for Mr. Obama to contain a clear and present danger in those evil and idiotic terrorist groups like ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Shabab, Al Qaida, etc., which were created during the administration of his predecessor, the Bush (father and son).

What US excels is killing people. I guess they should continue with their regular job and stop hurling threats at China. It is not being effective.

What goes on in the head of Obama who knows. There's no logic to his foreign policies, then again what can we expect from some law guy being a puppet of those lobbyists. The next US president is most likely also obsessed with China so we might as well enjoy the pie throwing comedy in the election campaign.

What goes on in the head of Obama who knows. There's no logic to his foreign policies, then again what can we expect from some law guy being a puppet of those lobbyists. The next US president is most likely also obsessed with China so we might as well enjoy the pie throwing comedy in the election campaign.

John McCain on the Republican and Hillary Clinton on the Democrat side; both are not necessarily good for China. No matter what, next US administration will be hawkish, which is not bad. US power bleeds faster under Republican governments.

It is lucky that Mr. Obama almost turned blue-dog democrat in the last two or some years.

In any way, China can now deal with a super hawkish US government and assert its position as a benign superpower. AIIB has been a good demonstration.

John McCain on the Republican and Hillary Clinton on the Democrat side; both are not necessarily good for China. No matter what, next US administration will be hawkish, which is not bad. US power bleeds faster under Republican governments.

It is lucky that Mr. Obama almost turned blue-dog democrat in the last two or some years.

In any way, China can now deal with a super hawkish US government and assert its position as a benign superpower. AIIB has been a good demonstration.

More wars under Republican and higher Defense spending lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom