What's new

NYPD officer arrested in India 'as revenge' for 'Nannygate' diplomatic scandal

As you said the ammunition must have the potential to be fired, if it is sitting in the coat pocket inside a suit case it has no potential to be fired. A round must have 4 main parts the primer, powder charge, cartridge or case, and bullet projectile inside the case.

Yes, and how is he going to do that when it's inside his coat pocket inside a suit case. According to your definition it isn't live ammo then.
Ever heard of the term "cooking off"? Explosives (gunpowder here) are a volatile substance and put under certain strain can ignite. Carrying explosives in a passenger aircraft with no permission and with no one knowing is an incredibly dangerous act no matter what why you cut it. I have no idea why you are trying to lessen the severity of this.

Perhaps it's because you're just looking to score some cheap shots against India?

How the fck did he manage to go through US airport security with bullets in his pocket. What a joke :lol:
images

That's not the point, as for traveling with ammunition there is proper paper work and procedure for that, not sure if the NYPD officer filled it out but if he did and got everything clear then there shouldn't be any issue.

Read the New York post article linked in this article or JUST READ THROUGH THIS THREAD. This officer had ZERO clearances he stinky forgot he had these three LIVE rounds in his possession and boarded an international flight. The US authorities missed this. The Indian authorities picked up on it as he was set to return home.

Now there's an issue because this is a SERIOUS incident.

Next time try boarding a flight with "rounds in you bag" find out how TSA treats you...

I actually agree with your extensive definition the round should have a primer, powder charge, cartridge, and a projectile bullet and the potential to be fired.

As you said the ammunition must have the potential to be fired, if it is sitting in the coat pocket inside a suit case it has no potential to be fired. A round must have 4 main parts the primer, powder charge, cartridge or case, and bullet projectile inside the case.
Although Semantics, there are caseless ammunition, so must may not be necessarily true. and whether in suitcase or sitting on my shelf, functional ammunition doesn't lose it's potential....
I think you are confused about the defination of Live Ammunition; Have you ever heard of the term "disposal of Live Ammunition"?

Yes, and how is he going to do that when it's inside his coat pocket inside a suit case. According to your definition it isn't live ammo then.
No, I think you are misconstruing what I said....

Although Semantics, there are caseless ammunition, so must may not be necessarily true. and whether in suitcase or sitting on my shelf, functional ammunition doesn't lose it's potential....
I think you are confused about the defination of Live Ammunition; Have you ever heard of the term "disposal of Live Ammunition"?

No, I think you are misconstruing what I said....
He can't wrap his head around such a simple idea or refuses too...

I actually agree with your extensive definition the round should have a primer, powder charge, cartridge, and a projectile bullet and the potential to be fired.
If the Cartridge has all it's components "primer, projectile powder and case" already assembled, it has potential to be fired from a firearm, or a fire or arc flash or even with pliers and hammer. hope that simplifies it.

That's not the point, as for traveling with ammunition there is proper paper work and procedure for that, not sure if the NYPD officer filled it out but if he did and got everything clear then there shouldn't be any issue.

He is claiming that he forgot about the bullets in his pocket, so the question of having proper paper work is out of question. Besides the paperwork given by the authorities in the US allows him travel within US not to any country internationally, not without the permission of the destination country.

Lolololololololol great going India .. Screw your diplomatic ties with USA ..:)
It's a case of 'do unto others what they do unto you'!! In other words screw them if they screw you!

That's fair, just, and reasonable. No more Gandhian principles of turning the other cheek when you're slapped! 8-)

PDF Think Tank Analyst's comprehension and ensuing debate - FAIL!

...and another FAIL for giving someone who called you out on your BS a negative rating! Big Fail right there. PDF title fail too! What a joke! Haha

Throw the NYPD cop in the slammer. The law is the law is the law.

I think this is a simple case, the cop should not be harassed... It seems like a honest mistake, let him pay any fines if associated with such cases and let him go...

Up to the judge.
Yours n mine opinion don't count..

Back
Top Bottom