What's new

NYPD officer arrested in India 'as revenge' for 'Nannygate' diplomatic scandal

Bullets in his jacket pocket, and people are asking justification for it? I dare anyone to land in JFK airport with bullet in his jacket pocket.

Dare should be about getting on the plane not after. Indian customs were obviously paying extra attention to American passengers.

He presented himself on a platter. Lets see what State Dept can do for him.

Pray tell me what you THINK the meaning of live rounds is.

Fool, it's not a matter of opinion, a live round is a round in the chamber, that is the when ammunition is "live" when it can be fired. Ammunition sitting in someones coat pocket is not "live" but just ammunition or a round(s).

Fool, it's not a matter of opinion, a live round is a round in the chamber, that is the when ammunition is "live" when it can be fired. Ammunition sitting in someones coat pocket is not "live".
Categorically FALSE. Live ammunition is any ammunition that has not been fired. Fired ammunition will leave you with shell casings often called "spent" ammo. As such even lose ammo that has not been fired IS live ammo.

Straight away resorting to name calling because I dared to challenge the all knowing "think tank"- classy move.

The jacket was in his checked bags, NOT on his person:

"Encarnacion, who is assigned to the 25th Precinct, tucked three spare rounds into his jacket pocket, and forgot about them.
The bullets were still in the pocket when he packed his jacket in his suitcase."

Probably he checked in the suitcase along with him in the cabin, as the max allowed weight of checked in luggage is 10 kg for international flight. If not, then the carousel of Delhi airport is outside the security check.

You guys need to realize that unlike Pakistan, we do not believe that diplomatic ties mean bending over every time USA asks you to :)

BURN :D

Categorically FALSE. Live ammunition is any ammunition that has not been fired. Fired ammunition will leave you with shell casings often called "spent" ammo. As such even lose ammo that has not been fired IS live ammo.

Straight away resorting to name calling because I dared to challenge the all knowing "think tank"- classy move.

Don't try and copy and paste what you found on Google and use someone's explanation you copied off, you living in the UK probably have never touched a round and know very little about this subject.

Don't try and copy and paste what you found on Google and use someone's explanation you copied off, you living in the UK probably have never touched a round and know very little about this subject.
Right so the entire internet is wrong is it? Just FYI I have extensive experience with firearms ranging from 9mm Glock-17 pistols to full-auto 5.56mmSA-80A2 assault rifles. But that is neither here nor there. You are simply wrong. This is a VERY basic concept and you have got it wrong. Live Ammo is any ammo that has not been fired end of story. Just because gun laws in your country are a joke meaning you have likely a lot of experience with firearms, means nothing. Actually it's a bit shameful you don't know such simple terminology.

Fool, it's not a matter of opinion, a live round is a round in the chamber, that is the when ammunition is "live" when it can be fired. Ammunition sitting in someones coat pocket is not "live" but just ammunition or a round(s).

It is live ammunition, unless it is a spent by firing it, or is missing one of the dynamic three components, primer, powder or projectile.
any ammunition as long has the potential to be fired is live ammunition. Even without the right firearms you can throw these "live Ammunition" in the oven or the skillet and make them pop...

AND I have touched a few rounds,and know a little about this subject.

Last edited:
Right so the entire internet is wrong is it? Just FYI I have extensive experience with firearms ranging from 9mm Glock-17 pistols to full-auto 5.56mmSA-80A2 assault rifles. But that is neither here nor there. You are simply wrong. This is a VERY basic concept and you have got it wrong. Live Ammo is any ammo that has not been fired end of story. Just because gun laws in your country are a joke meaning you have likely a lot of experience with firearms, means nothing. Actually it's a bit shameful you don't know such simple terminology.

It is live ammunition, unless it is a spent by firing it, or is missing one of the dynamic three components, primer, powder or projectile.
any ammunition as long has the potential to be fired is live ammunition. Even without the right firearms you can throw these "live Ammunition" in the oven or the skillet and make them pop...

any ammunition as long has the potential to be fired is live ammunition.

As you said the ammunition must have the potential to be fired, if it is sitting in the coat pocket inside a suit case it has no potential to be fired. A round must have 4 main parts the primer, powder charge, cartridge or case, and bullet projectile inside the case.

Even without the right firearms you can throw these "live Ammunition" in the oven or the skillet and make them pop...

Yes, and how is he going to do that when it's inside his coat pocket inside a suit case. According to your definition it isn't live ammo then.

Thank you sir. I was going to mention you if this genius continued to ignore my comments.

As you said the ammunition must have the potential to be fired, if it is sitting in the coat pocket inside a suit case it has no potential to be fired. A round must have 4 main parts the primer, powder charge, cartridge or case, and bullet projectile inside the case.

Yes, and how is he going to do that when it's inside his coat pocket inside a suit case. According to your definition it isn't live ammo then.
Next time try boarding a flight with "rounds in you bag" find out how TSA treats you...

Next time try boarding a flight with "rounds in you bag" find out how TSA treats you...

That's not the point, as for traveling with ammunition there is proper paper work and procedure for that, not sure if the NYPD officer filled it out but if he did and got everything clear then there shouldn't be any issue.

Thank you sir. I was going to mention you if this genius continued to ignore my comments.

Did you not read what he even admitted, or you are too joyful to ignore this important part. Since you even agree with Sandy's definition then you agree the ammunition had no potential of being fired, as the rounds were sitting in the guy's coat pocket inside a suit case.

Back
Top Bottom