What's new

NUST goes Nuts, shamefully imposing restrictions on students !

Excellent argument. Force people into submission, as we don't have enough resources to protect them. Bravo, bravo!

Its absolutely fine for safety of girls and peace of mind of their parent . It make sense in country where eve-teasing is common

we don't have enough police to keep patrolling at night for safety of girls

Tell me who is safe in this society that we speak of.

1. Christians?
2. Hindus?
3. Hazara's?
4. Shias?
5. @ other denomination of Sunnis (not Deobandi / Salafi)
6. The poor?
7. The elderly?
8. Martians?

So, in your infinite wisdom, solution to all that is, ban Jeans + force a dupatta on women. Excellent idea! :D

For get eve-teasing even minors are not safe in this society

I'm waiting... bring in your arguments..... washing machine is switched on, will leave you tumble dry, promise! :pop:

Excellent argument. Force people into submission, as we don't have enough resources to protect them. Bravo, bravo!

If rules are taken as force then such force is there in every society but i consider this force as precautions..

women cannot walk on street of Pakistan in midnight the way they does in UK . you know situation of law and order in Pakistan. I have seen some girl students cannot even go to college alone and take parent/brother with them because there are loafers waiting for them outside college gate

cud be said abt other universities like Islamic University and szabist university where they have a uniform/dress code but dint know NUST wud do dat cuz its pretty darn modern uni :what:

ill confirm it from someone!

Tell me who is safe in this society that we speak of.

1. Christians?
2. Hindus?
3. Hazara's?
4. Shias?
5. @ other denomination of Sunnis (not Deobandi / Salafi)
6. The poor?
7. The elderly?
8. Martians?

So, in your infinite wisdom, solution to all that is, ban Jeans + force a dupatta on women. Excellent idea! :D

I am talking about morality not terrorism, haven't you seen statistics of rapes & assults??? Don't play words twisting game with me. Students must follow the dress code as per rules of institution doesn't matter it's lahnga or bikni. Students should focus on studies and do their personal activities outside educational institute.

cud be said abt other universities like Islamic University and szabist university where they have a uniform/dress code but dint know NUST wud do dat cuz its pretty darn modern uni :what:

ill confirm it from someone!
Modernity has nothing to do with dress code. You can be modern if wear slawar kameez or jeans

And your point being???? You understand and know Pakistan so well, while sitting so far away! Amazing. And the solution you've forwarded is nothing but spectacular. Cover the women, to protect them from the "bad elements" in society. AMAZING JOB.

Where I live there are in excess of 20 nude beaches, not ONCE has any untoward incident taken place. Not one in 15+ years. So kindly enlighten me that exposed square centimeters of skin are the problem or the pathetic Pakistani mindset, specifically that of Pakistani men?

Work on your inner demons, which prop up, every time you have an urge, that a normal human-being has the ability to control, with ease!

If rules are taken as force then such force is there in every society but i consider this force as precautions..

women cannot walk on street of Pakistan in midnight the way they does in UK . you know situation of law and order in Pakistan. I have seen some girls student cannot even go to college alone and take parent/brother with then because there are loafers waiting for them outside college gate

Answer above.

More available upon request.

I am talking about morality not terrorism, haven't you seen statistics of rapes & assults??? Don't play words twisting game with me. Students must follow the dress code as per rules of institution doesn't matter it's lahnga or bikni. Students should focus on studies and do their personal activities outside educational institute.

Consider this as a new modern trend- british uni banned hijab- we ban intermixing or whatever- security threat VS social threat- both seems fair-

When did British universities ban Hijab? Stop spreading lies.

What I've observed is polar opposite of what you are saying. Most of our society is full of wannabe-fundoz who have no grasp of life nor religion. Basically lost sheep.

Btw, once you label others "liberals", be ready to be labellled a "Talib" a "Fundo"... as you are the one opening doors to counter slander.

In our wanna be liberal society modernity is defined by how much body parts are visible not for girls but boys also flash their hairy a$$es to become liberal & modern

And your point being???? You understand and know Pakistan so well, while sitting so far away! Amazing. And the solution you've forwarded is nothing but spectacular. Cover the women, to protect them from the "bad elements" in society. AMAZING JOB.

Where I live there are in excess of 20 nude beaches, not ONCE has any untoward incident taken place. Not one in 15+ years. So kindly enlighten me that exposed square centimeters of skin are the problem or the pathetic Pakistani mindset, specifically that of Pakistani men?

Work on your inner demons, which prop up, every time you have an urge, that a normal human-being has the ability to control, with ease!

Baravo - You are comparing a society where nude beaches are normal with a conservative society?

You are speaking as if you are sitting in campus of NUST :D I spent most of my times in Pakistan and completed my degree education in Rwp/islambad. I am local resident of Rawalpindi. I have got many friends who are studying and teaching in NUST. You can also watch news to get the ideas about law and order situation in pakistan.

Where I live now there are drunk women wearing half naked clothes at night after getting out from clubs/pubs but they are safe and no one try to touch them or tease them because of strict laws and its implementation

Can they do same in Pakistan? would they be safe in there? I have very serious doubts

Back
Top Bottom