What's new

Nuclear weapons: Who has what?

Israel developed nuclear weapons in 1962 and it is a tiny country meaning that they have only one nuclear facility and one nuclear facitility equals to two atomic bombs each year so calculate from 1962 to 2012. Most likely they have around 200. Question is why would they build nukes, doesn't mean you can threat the unfriendly neighbouring states. Firstly, if they threaten to use it the world will have all be anti Israel. Seconly, the Arabs will still do a massive retaliation.

Grass is better then eating Rats ... as ur bihari's doing because of poverty... and keep this gdp bull**** to urself ...u guys r spending double then china on importing defence products... so first take care of ur own poor souls ...

pathetic troll.
gdp bullshit,of course how will you understand..after all,you have imf.

and you talkin about defence expenditure,you spend more of your money(by %) on defence than inda.
plz worrry about yourself first...

My Dear Friend Haviz :D

Nuclear weapons are Psychological weapons, they aren't weapons of ACTUAL use.

Even 10 nukes can make catastrophic damage to any country, after that if a country is increasing it's stockpile than it's on a self-comforting journey.

I don't mind if India has less nukes than Pakistan, infact i would rather like India to bring the nos. down to 20-30 nukes & build safe delivery platforms like a SSBN, as making them & storing them incurs huge costs, as are reports, Pakistan is spending nearly $2.5 billion only on it's nuclear stockpiles per YEAR, that is equal to 1% of Pakistani GDP.

Saying that we will eat Grass but will make Nukes is one thing, but when the time comes of ACTUALLY eating grass..................

Who do you think will eat grass my friend? its not the rich of Pakistan but the poor, and i doubt if you ask them if they would rather have nukes to a full stomach ,they will reply the former.

Grass is better then eating Rats ... as ur bihari's doing because of poverty... and keep this gdp bull**** to urself ...u guys r spending double then china on importing defence products... so first take care of ur own poor souls ...

I beg to differ, Rats are tasty. We eat farm Rats not house mice.
at Topic: "Pakistan is spending nearly $2.5 billion only on it's nuclear stockpiles per YEAR, that is equal to 1% of Pakistani GDP.
"

Are u sure Pakistani spend 1% of GDP on Nuke (from manufacture to security)?? coz they had defence budget of 6 billion USD in 2011-12.

It takes lot of money to safe guard the nuke arsenal and maintain them, money in millions of dollors annually.

The more the number of nukes the more money you have to spend and lot of budget has to be spent on them.

Best of luck to Pakistanis who were thinking that they need more number of nukes nuking entire India, since if they try to maintain that many nukes they may have to eat grass for a long time, based on the current situation of their economy.

We have not yet gone to the level where we require to eat grass for our nuclear program and won't be doing in the future either.

The expensive part of the nuclear weapons program i.e the R&D, buying the required equipment and building facilities is over and protecting them is lot cheaper than that.

Don't worry about us we shall manage it without eating grass.

at Topic: "Pakistan is spending nearly $2.5 billion only on it's nuclear stockpiles per YEAR, that is equal to 1% of Pakistani GDP.
"

Are u sure Pakistani spend 1% of GDP on Nuke (from manufacture to security)?? coz they had defence budget of 6 billion USD in 2011-12.

Do you have any links to back up your claim?

Pakistan's situation demands that we have extra nukes as a deterrent to Indian aggression. We may have 110 already-some more than India's nukes.

I want to know how many of these are mini, battlefield range nukes for the nasr. Because if they are sub-kiloton nukes, then the higher numbers are misleading.

EzioAltaïr;4115122 said:
Do mention that their total defence budget is $6.4 billion. That means a third of the money they spend is on nukes.

Budget of nukes is over & above budge on defense, not included in it.

Pakistan's situation demands that we have extra nukes as a deterrent to Indian aggression. We may have 110 already-some more than India's nukes.

This is not true at all. Nobody ever knows the number of nukes, one country has. Maybe the secret agencies would know it, but they will never give out the info to another org.
According to me, the only agency, which have the capability to know the no of nukes, other countries have is the CIA.

We have not yet gone to the level where we require to eat grass for our nuclear program and won't be doing in the future either.

The expensive part of the nuclear weapons program i.e the R&D, buying the required equipment and building facilities is over and protecting them is lot cheaper than that.

Don't worry about us we shall manage it without eating grass.

Do you have any links to back up your claim?

What proof?? That I eat Rat... :smitten: @Pak spending on Nukes, I quoted some from first page, from post of apr2041.. :P

EzioAltaïr;4115122 said:
Do mention that their total defence budget is $6.4 billion. That means a third of the money they spend is on nukes.

That only a Pakistani can tell better.. By the way $6.4 billion is 2011-12 budget. I don know what it 2012-13 figure... And I took it from Wiki, so credibility can be endorsed by a pakistani member.: )

Last edited by a moderator:
"

the $2.5 billion usd is not included in the defense budget, it is separate including it would be $8.5 billion usd, plus another close to $2 billion usd is given over it, totaling close to $10.5 billion usd annual defense budget per year , it is necessary, as the country's security comes first & foremost

Nukes are just for deterrence and nothing more, if two nuclear powers are to go to war then it will be mutual destruction for both doesn't matter if one has 50 nukes or 10000. In the end we all be dead, the biggest example of this the Soviets and the Americans even though both possessed nukes in the thousands they never dared to go head on against each other rather they fought through the use of Proxies in Asia and other parts of the world.

Nukes are pretty hard to maintain and the higher the number the higher the cost of maintenance will be look at the Soviets they had more nukes than the Americans and were a Super Power, yet after years of reckless spending on defense they had damaged themselves so much that neither the nukes nor any of the military might was able to help them keep their land together.

Back
Top Bottom