What's new

Nuclear weapons: Who has what?

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
More than two dozen countries have nuclear power, but only a few have nuclear weapons or are suspected of pursuing nuclear weapons. Click on a country below to learn more about their nuclear programs.

COUNTRY FIRST TEST MOST RECENT TEST TOTAL TESTS ESTIMATED WARHEADS
United States 1945 1992 1,054 7,650
Russia 1949 1990 715 8,420
United Kingdom 1952 1991 45 225
France 1960 1996 210 300
China 1964 1996 45 240
India 1974 1998 6 80-100
Pakistan 1998 1998 6 90-110
North Korea 2006 2013 3 Fewer than 10
Israel No confirmed test No confirmed test No confirmed test 80
Iran No confirmed test No confirmed test No confirmed test 0

We want pakistan to have more nukes. more money for nuclear program and more for their protection. Hence less for development....

The 80-100 figure mentioned wrt to India is a result of analysis of India's capacity of producing weapon grade plutonium by experts, same is case with Pakistan
'
In future we may produce more nukes as our SSBN based Missiles will need warheads too

India's holdings of less-than-weapons-grade plutonium (reactor or fuel grade plutonium) are 4200 kg of unsafeguarded plutonium (800 kg of this already separated) and 4100 kg of IAEA safeguarded plutonium (25 kg of this separated). This unsafeguarded quantity could be used to manufacture roughly 1000 nuclear weapons, if India so chose (which would give it the third largest arsenal in the world, behind only the U.S. and Russia).

Okey, so the competition of mine (stockpile) is bigger than yours is on.

More than two dozen countries have nuclear power, but only a few have nuclear weapons or are suspected of pursuing nuclear weapons. Click on a country below to learn more about their nuclear programs.

COUNTRY FIRST TEST MOST RECENT TEST TOTAL TESTS ESTIMATED WARHEADS
United States 1945 1992 1,054 7,650
Russia 1949 1990 715 8,420
United Kingdom 1952 1991 45 225
France 1960 1996 210 300
China 1964 1996 45 240
India 1974 1998 6 80-100
Pakistan 1998 1998 6 90-110
North Korea 2006 2013 3 Fewer than 10
Israel No confirmed test No confirmed test No confirmed test 80
Iran No confirmed test No confirmed test No confirmed test 0

Test in Antarctica was held to its honor!!!.

Pakistan's situation demands that we have extra nukes as a deterrent to Indian aggression. We may have 110 already-some more than India's nukes.

My Dear Friend Haviz :D

Nuclear weapons are Psychological weapons, they aren't weapons of ACTUAL use.

Even 10 nukes can make catastrophic damage to any country, after that if a country is increasing it's stockpile than it's on a self-comforting journey.

I don't mind if India has less nukes than Pakistan, infact i would rather like India to bring the nos. down to 20-30 nukes & build safe delivery platforms like a SSBN, as making them & storing them incurs huge costs, as are reports, Pakistan is spending nearly $2.5 billion only on it's nuclear stockpiles per YEAR, that is equal to 1% of Pakistani GDP.

Saying that we will eat Grass but will make Nukes is one thing, but when the time comes of ACTUALLY eating grass..................

Even 10 nukes can make catastrophic damage to any country, after that if a country is increasing it's stockpile than it's on a self-comforting journey.

I don't mind if India has less nukes than Pakistan, infact i would rather like India to bring the nos. down to 20-30 nukes & build safe delivery platforms like a SSBN, as making them & storing them incurs huge costs, as are reports, Pakistan is spending nearly $2.5 billion only on it's nuclear stockpiles per YEAR, that is equal to 1% of Pakistani GDP.

Saying that we will eat Grass but will make Nukes is one thing, but when the time comes of ACTUALLY eating grass..................

Plus India have to work on ABM systems... Other that AB Missiles... Make use of other weapons like Laser destruction of incoming missiles and technologies like that!

It takes lot of money to safe guard the nuke arsenal and maintain them, money in millions of dollors annually.

The more the number of nukes the more money you have to spend and lot of budget has to be spent on them.

Best of luck to Pakistanis who were thinking that they need more number of nukes nuking entire India, since if they try to maintain that many nukes they may have to eat grass for a long time, based on the current situation of their economy.

Grass is better then eating Rats ... as ur bihari's doing because of poverty... and keep this gdp bull**** to urself ...u guys r spending double then china on importing defence products... so first take care of ur own poor souls ...

Grass is better then eating Rats ... as ur bihari's doing because of poverty... and keep this gdp bull**** to urself ...u guys r spending double then china on importing defence products... so first take care of ur own poor souls ...

GDP is not bull****, everything comes with MONEY. Yes, we may spend double that of China on imports, but the fact still remains that we are still spending close to just 2% of GDP on defense, while the global average is close to 3% & China & Pakistan are spending close to 4%.

Last time a country called GDP as bull**** & spend heftily on defense is now disintegrated into 15 republics. It's nuclear stockpile of 80,000 nukes couldn't do anything.

Back
Top Bottom