What's new

NSG to hold unprecedented special session to discuss India's membership

Will India get into NSG

• Total voters
Totally Agree .It was Indira time that we did this one hell of a job .
Now due to our own growing geopolitical clout we are doing this again .
And it seems they have Plan B ,if things gone wrong .
Look at the way they postponed that financial meeting with China in to July .
Perhaps this time they will take serious measures to narrow down that trade deficit.

I don't know why you would conflate these things. Trade deficit etc. are completely unimportant. Like how China talks about US debt because of Trade defict. In reality no one is gonna call these things in coz it'll destabilize the economic process and will ultimately hurt everyone including China. China's acceptability of India will be the key, but then if it alone stands out for too lond while most other countries support India's presence, it'll erode their political capital. I think that's why they're hinting at negos on the sideline.

This is clearly not a time for posturing. Whether we manage to get through NSG by ramming it through with the spport of all those countries or not, we are now seriously working towards the eventual UNSC bid. For that, we can't just do posturing with China. it's time we sat down and thrashed things out seriously.

True, but if we start giving an arm and a leg to China for NSG then what will we save for UNSC bid? We will only appear too soft if we agree to too many concessions to china for this. In any case NSG may not happen this time, but we need to maintain the pressure on the international community, in this world one need to demand things, and demand hard to get considered even for the things one naturally deserves.

True, but if we start giving an arm and a leg to China for NSG then what will we save for UNSC bid? We will only appear too soft if we agree to too many concessions to china for this. In any case NSG may not happen this time, but we need to maintain the pressure on the international community, in this world one need to demand things, and demand hard to get considered even for the things one naturally deserves.

Nobody's asking you to give an arm or leg. All that I'm saying is that instead of posturing we'll have to talk substantively. This is not like the usual stuff.

I don't know why you would conflate these things. Trade deficit etc. are completely unimportant. Like how China talks about US debt because of Trade defict. In reality no one is gonna call these things in coz it'll destabilize the economic process and will ultimately hurt everyone including China. China's acceptability of India will be the key, but then if it alone stands out for too lond while most other countries support India's presence, it'll erode their political capital. I think that's why they're hinting at negos on the sideline.

NSG or not, a $50 billion trade deficit with China is important and it needs to be cut down.

That's what we are doing, but ultimately it boils down to some give and take.

I believe that beyond the NSG and UNSC, this is actually a great opportunity for us to talk productively with CHina. All this pressure from big countris like US, UK, France, Russia etc. will not 'force' chine to change their stand or 'bring them in line' or 'make them behave etc.'. But it surely is enough pressure for them to sit down, roll up the sleeves and discuss more seriously about the problems we have. That is an enormous good for the relations.

That's what we are doing, but ultimately it boils down to some give and take.

Because it's a trade deficit!! That too on many non-essential things!! :o:

Trade Deficits are theorectially dangerous, when in recent history has it actually been core destroyer of an economy? We have trade deficits with China, surpluses elsewhere. You wanna wipe that deficit bring up productivity and become more competitive.

Dont rant like a typical indian, we have applied too and we will get it the same day you get it. Do you get it now?
or chinese you are nothing but - forgive the harsh words- useful idiots to counter India. Of course, in your hatred of India, you will grab at anything, having not learned from the American experience.
And you are the same for US against china

NSG or no NSG but the fact is India's diplomacy has been good enough to paint china into a corner. More than India it is china which is getting tested and has to use its veto, get isolated, get pakistan into equation...etc just to ensure India does not get NSG seat.

TBH I'm still thinking, the negos at the expense of what

TBH I'm still thinking, the negos at the expense of what

we'll just have to wait and watch. I don't think anyne is that enamored of this, if it doesn't work, then wait for another effort later. UNSC is a 15 year project and reversals in these milestones that lead up to it should be expected from time to time. But they done a very good job and that needs to be appreciated.

It is time when Indian members took serious decision not to educate Pakistani members and Pakistani members visa versa.

I'm convinced that this forum through all its effort and determination and honesty(doubtful but still there is good) will bring us together.

Next throat pls.

Quick China and US have the timers. Can't wait :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom