What's new

NSG to hold unprecedented special session to discuss India's membership

Will India get into NSG

• Total voters
Yes that's always been the case.

During the Cold War we fought multiple times directly against both the superpowers (USA + USSR) and all of their allies. We are used to it, doesn't even surprise us anymore.

All I can say is that I hope they try their best, the world is no fun without a good challenge. :enjoy:

US & USSR did provide military aid to indja against China though... Although .. It didn't do much good.

US is already moving it bases out of Okinawa.
True and if Indians think that in case of a war any host country would give them access to their land they are well.. Sadly mistaken.

Best of all, the USA got India to sign the CISMOA/LSA, which would allow American troops to operate out of Indian soil.

No they don't. Have you even read what the CISMOA and LSA are about?

And it's not LSA for India, it is being called LEMOA. It has India specific guarantees.

@DESERT FIGHTER Dude you know the difference between you and us? You will always be cheering for others and we will always be backing ourselves.
I can be sharper in my response but the above will suffice for someone with self respect. Lets see if you get this.
Dont rant like a typical indian, we have applied too and we will get it the same day you get it. Do you get it now?

@DESERT FIGHTER Dude you know the difference between you and us? You will always be cheering for others and we will always be backing ourselves.
I can be sharper in my response but the above will suffice for someone with self respect. Lets see if you get this.
I'm not cheering for anybody.. I'm merely stating my opinion .. Because Pak has also applied for NSG membership..
Perhaps your tiny brain couldn't comprehend such stuff.. Beyond your intellect I guess...

And as for cheering goes .. This forum is pretty full of your kind cheering for every other nation be it USA,Israeli or Russia .. The only difference is that they can do and you can only dream... Which forces you to cheers for them...

TC

Uh, why would it hurt us... that India gave up their sovereignty to American military bases? :P

In fact that has only hurt India before:

Nehru pleaded for US help against China in 1962 - Times of India

We just want similar payment. Why should we sit by and let India pay America THAT much, while not getting a similar payment for ourselves? Do you think we can be scammed so easily.

Why should we pay you ?
You are no match to Americans when it comes to technology .
We are interested in top notch tech that can be found in this world.

As if India is paying us billions every year in trade deficit as a "favour" to China? :lol:

Nobody buys from us to do us a "favour". They are doing it because we provide the most competitive option. Indians are buying from us because they think it provides the most benefits for them.

In the market economy, the most competitive gets the most orders. Simple.

If another country was more competitive, you would have already jumped ship at the first opportunity. Nobody on Earth believes that you are buying from China because of some emotional crap, Indians are trying to get the best deal for themselves.

It's not about favour, Indian importers get to import all non-essential things for their cheap prices because government hasn't made any strict rule against it, that should have been blocked long back, but China is surely giving our government incentive to work on it.

all Pakistanis vote no and all Indians vote yes :lol:

Check the question, it doesn't have a timeline, so definitely yes.

Jeez man, let the diplomats sort it out. It's not as if we know what they want, maybe trade is not an issue at all.

As if we can sort it out here even if we want to, in the mean time why can't we play hardball with the Chinese guys here?

Last edited:
It's not about favour, Indian importers get to import all non-essential things for their cheap prices because government hasn't made any strict rule against it, that should have been blocked long back, but China is surely giving our government incentive to work on it.
Trade is bilateral what it will impact the most is issue like HSR ,more than tens of billions in long term ,won't be anywhere near China.

China need to compete with other countries for any projects in India. And it's not like Pakistan where they will get a monopoly and a marketplace that is played by the rules of China and China only.

So IMHO China will loose out big time in terms of winning any major technical project here which is state of art.

But other than tech which is high end in defence and nuclear technology, China is still a very competitive player. Things like infrastructure, metallurgy, semi conductor et all things has some really great chances for them.

The only thing is that they have to compete and play by our rules.

@Chinese-Dragon do you agree with the approach?

Check the question, it doesn't have a timeline, so definitely yes.

As if we can sort it out here even if we want to, in the mean time why can't we play hardball with the Chinese guys here?

This is clearly not a time for posturing. Whether we manage to get through NSG by ramming it through with the spport of all those countries or not, we are now seriously working towards the eventual UNSC bid. For that, we can't just do posturing with China. it's time we sat down and thrashed things out seriously.

Dont rant like a typical indian, we have applied too and we will get it the same day you get it. Do you get it now?

Your credibility is ZERO. No one will back you up on your candidature, except China and Turkey. At the most a few nations will support you to keep us out . Thats the extent of your support in international community.
If you really want to compare, get that waiver first which we got in 2008 and which has enabled us to engage in Nuclear trade with individual countries.
Just riding the coat tails of china won't get you anywhere.

Also, an application to the NSG isn't worth anything if it doesn't stand a realistic chance of getting in, and you don't have a realistic chance of getting in. We do.

I'm not cheering for anybody.. I'm merely stating my opinion .. Because Pak has also applied for NSG membership..
Perhaps your tiny brain couldn't comprehend such stuff.. Beyond your intellect I guess...

And as for cheering goes .. This forum is pretty full of your kind cheering for every other nation be it USA,Israeli or Russia .. The only difference is that they can do and you can only dream... Which forces you to cheers for them...

TC

Look at your posts for god sake! Always china will do this china will do that. china will block you china will get us that. Seriously ! ???

All that melodrama in the name of brotherhood you impose upon china washes off like water off a duck's back. China is used to getting along with likes of you in North Korea and Junta of Myanmar. Your sycophancy bring nothing new to the table for them.

for chinese you are nothing but - forgive the harsh words- useful idiots to counter India. Of course, in your hatred of India, you will grab at anything, having not learned from the American experience.

Hey but its my tiny brain and low intellect. So what would i know :)

nothing gonna happen

Whether we get it or not, you gotta agree, we've done ONE HELLUVA job with our diplomacy on this :D. Indian foreign ministry (escpecially the MEA officials who have been working on this for more than a decade) have done some seriously amazing stuff in pushing it this far. Who would've thought :rolleyes:

Whether we get it or not, you gotta agree, we've done ONE HELLUVA job with our diplomacy on this :D. Indian foreign ministry (escpecially the MEA officials who have been working on this for more than a decade) have done some seriously amazing stuff in pushing it this far. Who would've thought :rolleyes:

Totally Agree .It was Indira time that we did this one hell of a job .
Now due to our own growing geopolitical clout we are doing this again .
And it seems they have Plan B ,if things gone wrong .
Look at the way they postponed that financial meeting with China in to July .
Perhaps this time they will take serious measures to narrow down that trade deficit.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom