What's new

NSG-Black Cats

Good but issue is even until now your local Police Man is so badly equipped that the time NSG will arrive the damage would have been done. Let's assume a situation where three guys have managed to enter Mumbai Railway Station and are equipped with 2 AK each and with a bag full of magazines. If you have local Police equipped with if not Assault Rifles than at least Sub Machine Guns. They would have a great chance of at least engaging the terrorists and taking them out or managing to corner them in some place before they do great damage. Other wise by the time NSG will arrive at least 100 innocent will be dead by than

@django @balixd @Path-Finder @Arsalan

Good but issue is even until now your local Police Man is so badly equipped that the time NSG will arrive the damage would have been done. Let's assume a situation where three guys have managed to enter Mumbai Railway Station and are equipped with 2 AK each and with a bag full of magazines. If you have local Police equipped with if not Assault Rifles than at least Sub Machine Guns. They would have a great chance of at least engaging the terrorists and taking them out or managing to corner them in some place before they do great damage. Other wise by the time NSG will arrive at least 100 innocent will be dead by than

True that. The least GoI could do is give those INSAS rifles to the police once the replacement for the army is provided. The police were brave enough during the Mumbai attacks but they tried to counter the terrorists carrying AK's with vintage enfield rifles which was really pathetic

Is it a type of commando force? Part of army?

This is a multi-tasking force, and are supposed to address a number of situations, too many types of situations, in my opinion.
  1. They provide a lethal backbone to existing counter-insurgency forces from the MHA, in other words, they back up existing armed police forces;
  2. They provide a team for dealing with hostage situations, or with terrorists too strong for local police SWAT teams;
  3. They also provide outer shield security for individuals under threat;
  4. Very lately, they have trained on operations in a marine environment, against a possible future threat to sea-located situations.
Ultimately, they may be seen as a SWAT team to back up all state-based or state-raised SWAT teams.

Perhaps it is a good idea.

True that. The least GoI could do is give those INSAS rifles to the police once the replacement for the army is provided. The police were brave enough during the Mumbai attacks but they tried to counter the terrorists carrying AK's with vintage enfield rifles which was really pathetic
Yes one I heard had revolver which also failed to work after few bullets

Yes one I heard had revolver which also failed to work after few bullets
Gradually this is changing since many state police departments are procuring OFB made rifles and carbines. Kerala and Telangana are acquiring ghatak rifles JVPC carbines. Hopefully many states would follow.

As far as I am aware their police use old Lee Enfield or at best WW2 Sten guns, no wonder those attackers in Mumbai manages to inflict so much damage, on the bright side for Indians, these Black cats seem like a first rate force and very well equipped. Kudos Hazrat

No they are sorta like Indian SWAT team
But recruited from armed forces ie Para-commandos

As far as I am aware their police use old Lee Enfield or at best WW2 Sten guns, no wonder those attackers in Mumbai manages to inflict so much damage, on the bright side for Indians, these Black cats seem like a first rate force and very well equipped. Kudos Hazrat

Some exercises shown in this are truly great specially the one in which a person has to hang and keep moving and than jump to other one and than other one without stopping

Some exercises shown in this are truly great specially the one in which a person has to hang and keep moving and than jump to other one and than other one without stopping
I hope our Zarrar team has some of that equipment like those balls with sensors,,,,,,,,indeed these are the finest from Indias armed forces so one can say their physical agility and coordination will be well above the average Indian jawans or for that matter any regular infantry man from any military anywhere in the world.Kudos Hazrat

Indian Special Forces in all states saw a renaissance after 26/11. Now something similar will be dealt with by Force One and QRT in Mumbai before NSG is despatched, if.

Similarly for other places.

I guess NSG commandos are recruited from Army, Navy, AF, Paramilitiary and even the police forces as well because this department is under the home-ministry unlike other spec-ops teams which belong to their respective commands and are only recruited from the same

Indian Special Forces in all states saw a renaissance after 26/11. Now something similar will be dealt with by Force One and QRT in Mumbai before NSG is despatched, if.

Similarly for other places
NSG would still be deployed in the first place where they have their bases setup-primarily Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Chennai along with Delhi if the threat is not perceived to be too critical but when it comes to some Tier-2/3 city, local police commandos may be the first strike option like the operation of OCTOPUS commandos in Chithoor district of AP a couple of years ago

Gradually this is changing since many state police departments are procuring OFB made rifles and carbines. Kerala and Telangana are acquiring ghatak rifles JVPC carbines. Hopefully many states would follow.
Any sources? I heard few North-Eastern states along with WB, UP/Bihar have ordered indigenous rifles in limited numbers but not aware of Southern states doing the same

I hope our Zarrar team has some of that equipment like those balls with sensors,,,,,,,,indeed these are the finest from Indias armed forces so one can say their physical agility and coordination will be well above the average Indian jawans or for that matter any regular infantry man from any military anywhere in the world.Kudos Hazrat
They have all these things

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom