What's new

NRIs can now vote in India

NRIs should not be allowed to vote, its undemocratic, only the resident Indians should have that privilege. You reside outside, your life is less dependent on local affairs than a resident. Its unfair that you get to decide what happens to an area sitting pretty hundreds of miles away relatively shielded from ill effects of your decision.

As usual the "secular" "liberal" @padamchen has run away when faced with facts

Tell me is the Supreme Court communal?

You call the party which wants the UCC as communal. You people have destroyed the meaning of the word Secular and Communal

In India Secularism has just one meaning these days - Muslim Appeasement.

I am very happy that BJP is communal. I have dared you to name some "secular" parties. Not Indian definition of secularism but actual definition of secularism

As usual the "secular" "liberal" @padamchen has run away when faced with facts

Tell me is the Supreme Court communal?

You call the party which wants the UCC as communal. You people have destroyed the meaning of the word Secular and Communal

In India Secularism has just one meaning these days - Muslim Appeasement.

I am very happy that BJP is communal. I have dared you to name some "secular" parties. Not Indian definition of secularism but actual definition of secularism

Please don't bore me Soumitra.

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that we were having a debate.

A debate is between equals.

I was simply letting you know what you were and how you ticked.

Now go play lynch-a-muslim with your sanghis. Go troll some more forums. Extoll the virtues of Great Leader.

Apne pass tum jaison ke liye time nahin hai boss. It's just that we keep bumping into each other in a closed loop cyber area like PDF.

That may have mislead you into believing that there is some middle ground for meaningful communication between your types and me.

Newsflash. There really isnt.

Cheers, Doc

Please don't bore me Soumitra.

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that we were having a debate.

A debate is between equals.

I was simply letting you know what you were and how you ticked.

Now go play lynch-a-muslim with your sanghis. Go troll some more forums. Extoll the virtues of Great Leader.

Apne pass tum jaison ke liye time nahin hai boss. It's just that we keep bumping into each other in a closed loop cyber area like PDF.

That may have mislead you into believing that there is some middle ground for meaningful communication between your types and me.

Newsflash. There really isnt.

Cheers, Doc

Elite Intellectual @padamchen living in his castle in the clouds who does not know the ground realities and is afraid to look in the mirror. I pity you.

there can be no debate because you do not have the answer to the questions.

You think that "secularism" is what drives India and is the best for India. This pic sums up your position

sand-bury-your-head-in-the-sand.jpg

Because NRIs help run the dharmashala.:D

India tops global remittances at $62.7 billion in 2016: World Bank

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...n-in-2016-world-bank/articleshow/58302262.cms

Without NRI remittances how do you plan to import Oil?

India’s crude oil import bill halves to $64 bn in 2015-16

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/nris-can-now-vote-in-india.81835/

India tops global remittances at $62.7 billion in 2016: World Bank

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...n-in-2016-world-bank/articleshow/58302262.cms
62 billion is drop in the ocean. half of my family is in Uk and us but i still oppose this move.

you are Americans/non-Indians now. be loyal to america/your home country.

62 billion is drop in the ocean. half of my family is in Uk and us but i still oppose this move.

you are Americans/non-Indians now. be loyal to america/your home country.

Hope you know the difference between NRIs and OCIs.

OCIs still cannot vote. Only NRIs can. We are not talking about dual citizenship here.

Take these examples

1) People travel to other countries to do project work - PSUs sending their employees to GCC, Russia etc on 2-3 year deputation to work on their projects. IT companies send their employees on 1-2 year project work. Private companies sending their employees to work in offshore or JV branches like Tata posting Indians to work in their Jaguar Land Rover facility in England or Reliance sending its employees get trained at Dassault facility in France.

2) Government staff posted at India Embassies, Consulates and other government entities like Banks (SBI branches)

3) Military personnel posted at Indian and UN missions including combat, peace keeping and support staff

NRIs are citizens of India, carry India Passport and have the right to vote per the constitution of India. It is as simple as that. This should not even be a debate to start with. The only problem was the governments could not find and implement a process until now to allow NRIs exercise this right given by the constitution of India.

Back
Top Bottom