What's new

Now Manmohan Singh blames BJP for stalled growth !

Second, why wait for the BJP ? The govt has enough numbers..why not pass them ?

No, congress didnt had the numbers. They needed support from many other opposition parties to pass a bill..

Democracy isn't the problem.

There are plenty of democratic countries that do very well.

'course bro- and you will find that each of them has had some part of their history where they were really chumps (to different degrees). I find that the longer a democracy has been around (US, UK etc. 250+ years), the lesser some parts of the instability. I think that's coz there is more consensus basis historic experience.

Actually PM and DRDO Chief should trade places, what do you think?

Suprised!!! If opposition can block or pass a bill, then why MMS should be in power. Better, he can go home and can have sound sleep always rather than sitting as an idle PM. Most stupidest statement.....

What do you think is the problem then?? This was the very same team which brought great reformations in the 90s... But this time congress has completely failed...Has the India growth story ended now??...

The man has lost it. Who's the ruling government? His or BJP's?

Instead his crazy party has further created more loot by passing populist bills like food security bill and now land acquisition bill.

These moves only drain more wealth from the national coffers and give it to non-productive people who are already having no idea about the huge national level loss their such demands create.

Absolutely.

Western society was built on the back of liberal democracy, the most progressive form of a transparent, multi-party, bickering democracy.

Using the oft-cited excuse that democracy is the reason for failure makes me laugh.

No, congress didnt had the numbers. They needed support from many other opposition parties to pass a bill..

If Congress really wanted they could have easily presurized SP, BSP, DMK and many others into providing support(everyone knows how) to pass those bills

Absolutely.

Western society was built on the back of liberal democracy, the most progressive form of a transparent, multi-party, bickering democracy.

Using the oft-cited excuse that democracy is the reason for failure makes me laugh.

'Faiure' is your definition. And I can quote your example that majority of your hstory you'e had both poverty and extremely serious issues including slavery and discrimination predominant. The significant growth was only starting 20th century- so what happened to the 100+ odd years before that? Trying to pass the US as a beacon of perfect democracy makes me laugh. You guys've been through the same $hit that everyone else has been through.

If Congress really wanted they could have easily presurized SP, BSP, DMK and many others into providing support(everyone knows how) to pass those bills

They would if the goons o the BJP weren't disrupting parliament.

'Faiure' is your definition. And I can quote your example that majority of your hstory you'e had both poverty and extremely serious issues including slavery and discrimination predominant. The significant growth was only starting 20th century- so what happened to the 100+ odd years before that? Trying to pass the US as a beacon of perfect democracy makes me laugh. You guys've been through the same $hit that everyone else has been through.

Per capita income in 19th Century America are comparable to modern-day per capita income in India.

And actually, let me correct something you stated. We've never had "significant" growth; our growth has always been extremely slow, and the reason is because we have (in the modern era) always been at the technological and economic frontier of the world.

Lord knows Nigeria is growing faster than Europe. I still don't want to live in Nigeria.

Democracy is not the problem of development. The problem is the pace you adopt it and the way you use it. Actually the ultimate goal of China is also democracy, a political system adapted to Chinese culture and economic situation. This is called reform. India should do the same. There is no one size fits all democracy. A true Leader must be creative and brave enough to find the right way of democracy for his country, then he is the hero of his motherland.

Per capita income in 19th Century America are comparable to modern-day per capita income in India.

And actually, let me correct something you stated. We've never had "significant" growth; our growth has always been extremely slow, and the reason is because we have (in the modern era) always been at the technological and economic frontier of the world.

Lord knows Nigeria is growing faster than Europe. I still don't want to live in Nigeria.[/QUOTE ]

Proves that there's nothing spectacularly different about your historical experience. Ther is nothing 'efficient' or 'smooth' about your democracy either. And I can tell you that in the 18th/19th century the same comment made about Nigeria would be applicable to the US too- especially the south.

Proves that there's nothing spectacularly different about your historical experience. Ther is nothing 'efficient' or 'smooth' about your democracy either. And I can tell you that in the 18th/19th century the same comment made about Nigeria would be applicable to the US too- especially the south.

Actually, it 100% proves my point. With very certain exceptions, the trend in the West has been very slow growth, and the reason is because we were the one's creating the new growth out of utilizing our minds to create new advances.

You Indians are only growing faster because you are still attempting to catch-up, something which is much easier than true innovation (yet you seem to even have difficulty in such a simple task, as your growth rate in Q2 2013 has now slowed down to developed country level).

Back
Top Bottom