What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

F-16.net is reporting that a PAF F-16 crashed. Can someone confirm please?

According to a Pakistan Air Force (PAF) spokesman, the plane was on routine night training mission when it crashed close to village of NurPur, 105km south west of Sargodha.

Sargodha police said, fire broke out at the accident site, while rescue workers are making all efforts to bring it under control. According to police, the pilots body now identified as Squadron Leader Saud Ghulam Nabi has been recovered from the wreckage.

A board of enquiry has been setup to investigate the cause of the accident.

The last F-16 lost by the PAF was back in 1994, also in the vicinity of Sargodha.

http://www.f-16.net/news_article3631.html

Yes we have lost an F-16A. This is the first loss of an F-16 after 15 years of flying without any such incidents. Indeed an immense loss due to the fact that a very top-notch pilot and such an expensive asset were met with this accident.

The first thing which comes to your mind is that, the pilot should have saved his life not the F-16 but being a Muslims we all know life and death is in Allahs hand so it was his time to go. :cry:
Some time you take risk and succeed and some time you don’t. I have a example my brother when he was cadet was flying his T-37 and got lost in the air in thick clouds and when the air controller put him on the right path it was too late as he had no fuel left and his I P radio him to eject, so at the final stage before the ejection he took the plane to maximum height and lucky saw Kamra’s runway and took the chance to do crash landing and made safely, the ground crew found only fumes and no fuel in the plane tanks, so at that day he took the risk of crash landing and Allah saved him. Later during High Mark he got ejected in A-5 on the runway and lived even though first few hours of ejection he was fighting for his life but finally survived, even with every thing broken in his body.

In Canada I was on the highway near the air port and a Air France crashed because of bad weather and I saw the plane on fire and the passengers running for the highway and by the look of it no one could have imagined that every one in the plane have survived but they did, it was a miracle to me and made my believe more stronger in "life and death is in Allah’s hand".

Last edited:
May Allah bless S/L Saud's soul. Do we know his GDP course number. I think it will 96th or 97th.

so it is a confire=med news that it was an F16! much worst is the news that we have lost a valuable life in the accident! may his soul rest in peace!

by the way how many F16s are we left with now?i guess it is 41!

regards!

so it is a confire=med news that it was an F16! much worst is the news that we have lost a valuable life in the accident! may his soul rest in peace!

regards!

We had 34 F-16s already but USA granted us 10 refurbshed F-16s in 2008 so this number went on 44 but now we have 43 left.

Both losses r huge. A pilot is aquired after many years so its unrecoverable loss for PAF.
Secndly F-16s r frnt line line fighters for PAF n these r less in number so its great loss for PAF.

regards!

PAF had 32 F-16s... 2 + 12 = 48

May God bless the departed martyr's soul

We had 34 F-16s already but USA granted us 10 refurbshed F-16s in 2008 so this number went on 44 but now we have 43 left.

IIRC, we had 32 and US provided 14 of our originally purchased aircrafts making it 46. Now one lost so that makes it 45. 2 or 4 ( I dont remember, but I think it is 4) of them are in USA to undergo MLU feasibility so we have 41/43 in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Very sad news may Allah bless his soul in peace ! and also we are one less f-16!

May God bless the departed martyr's soul

IIRC, we had 32 and US provided 14 of our originally purchased aircrafts making it 46. Now one lost so that makes it 45. 2 or 4 ( I dont remember, but I think it is 4) of them are in USA to undergo MLU feasibility so we have 41/43 in Pakistan.

I believe we may be able to get another F-16 as attrition replacement from the US given the relations. Although the loss of pilot can not be made up, I am hopeful that the US side will understand the need to make up attrition losses.

PAF jet crashes, pilot killed

ISLAMABAD: The pilot of a Pakistan Air Force (PAF) fighter aircraft was killed when his jet crashed due to a technical fault during a routine training mission near Sargodha, according to a PAF statement on Friday. “The PAF reports that a fighter aircraft, while on a routine night-training mission, crashed close to Nurpur village, 105km southwest of Sargodha. The pilot of the aircraft Squadron Leader Saud Ghulam Nabi was killed,” it said.

staff report

no mention of the a/c type in the airforce statement!

I believe we may be able to get another F-16 as attrition replacement from the US given the relations. Although the loss of pilot can not be made up, I am hopeful that the US side will understand the need to make up attrition losses.

I hope so. More importantly, we should get our original 14 F-16s that are with the USN.

Althought f-16 is lost , but the life is way more inportant than the plane itself.

Its a rare phenomena to hear about f-16 crashes, with the number of years it has gone through.

can somebody tell me how many f-16 pakistan have lost till now ?

-- most of all god bless the soul of this pilot.

Back
Top Bottom