What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Rest in Peace!
May Allah bless them, Ameen.

Has an investigation report been released regarding if it was a technical malfunction. Or it could've been the bitter pill to swallow involving major poor airmanship error. If this was a Viper or Thunder, I wonder if the same analysis would have been applied here on PDF.

Back in the 90s the same was being said for F-16s, even though the caliber of pilots converting to them were far higher and more competitive than today's intake.
Not until there is a report, can we make conclusions.

But,

It’s been a while since we heard of any FT-7 crash, possibilities are higher in the technical failure end than human error although human error is also much possible.

All we can do is wait and see

Not until there is a report, can we make conclusions.

But,

It’s been a while since we heard of any FT-7 crash, possibilities are higher in the technical failure end than human error although human error is also much possible.

All we can do is wait and see
An FT-7PG crashed just over a year ago, cause was pilot error. Human error is very much possible as much as technical failures, never forget that. And no I disagree, those are meaningless conclusions unless proven otherwise.

اناللہ وانا الیہ راجعون

everytime i see this thread up in new posts my heart skips a beat :(
same boat

An FT-7PG crashed just over a year ago, cause was pilot error. Human error is very much possible as much as technical failures, never forget that. And no I disagree, those are meaningless conclusions unless proven otherwise.
Human error is at the top of the list & than weather. If any actual pilots here then back me up.

I think the were too low and maybe did eject, I dont know but it seems like a mix of pilot error and The stupid engine on this is prone to stalls, low altitude. MY BOYS:pakistan::smitten:اناللہ وانا الیہ راجعون

11 FT-7's and a staggering 32 F-7P/PG's have been written off in the last 20 years.
Considering these aircraft are post 1980's, nowhere near as old as some of our Mirages, there's something seriously wrong, either we're overworking these machines, there's some sort of shortcoming in the maintenance or there's something wrong with these Chinese machines. Whatever the reason is the number priority should be getting rid of these platforms especially the F-7P/FT-7P. Hopefully the new LIFT squadron and all remaining OCU's get a new platform wether it be the Thunder B or otherwise ASAP.

Last edited:
Although, today's loss is very tragic and irreplaceable as far as the brave pilots are concerned, however am i right in saying that this was the first PAF crash in the last 12 months, since last crash again an F-7 recorded on these pages seems to be in January 2019.
@Hodor @Knuckles

11 FT-7's and a staggering 32 F-7P/PG's have been written off in the last 10 years.
Considering these aircraft are post 1980's, nowhere near as old as some of our Mirages, there's something seriously wrong, either we're overworking these machines, there's some sort of shortcoming in the maintenance or there's something wrong with these Chinese machines. Whatever the reason is the number priority should be getting rid of these platforms especially the F-7P/FT-7P. Hopefully the new LIFT squadron and all remaining OCU's get a new platform wether it be the Thunder B or otherwise ASAP.
F7s life is over(rated at 20yrs) while PGs are on their last legs
So doesnt matter..
Infact some mirages might be in better shape

11 FT-7's and a staggering 32 F-7P/PG's have been written off in the last 10 years.

Majority of these losses attribute to pilot error. The simple reason is F-7 is an introductory platform in PAF. The jump between K-8 and F-7 is a big one. Earlier we had FT-5's/FT-6's which was somewhat a more suitable platform to bridge between K-8/T-37s to F-7s.

Indian Air Force has this problem for years. Their pilots were transitioned from Hawk's/Kiran's to Mig 21s and resultantly we had to devise a new nickname "flying coffin's". Multiply it by poor maintenance. We have losses.

Mig 21/F-7 is a fast interceptor. Thus requires a degree of competence to fly which some of the newer pilots remain deficient in acquiring.

Last edited:
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

For all those people complaining that why did they not eject? Ejection is not that simple, there are certain parameters that have to be met in order for a successful ejection. Quite a few times pilots managed to eject but were killed instantly because there speed was to high or angle was incorrect. Flying will always remain a dangerous thing no matter how much technology has progressed. May Allah give there families sabar. Brave sons of soil.

Back
Top Bottom