What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Time to let these old fellas to go replace them with JF17 B or Armanchi
Aermacchi or T-50s would be great. JF-17B is the most obvious choice. However, when Vipers were crashing at a high rate in the 90s they were being called junk as well. Believe it or not F-7 is the most stable jet in the inventory, however it can become unforgiving if not carefully aware. We still don't know if it was a technical malfunction or pilot error.

Need dedicated platform for LIFT, not these F-7/FT-7P's.

Aermacchi or T-50s would be great. JF-17B is the most obvious choice. However, when Vipers were crashing at a high rate in the 90s they were being called junk as well. Believe it or not F-7 is the most stable jet in the inventory, however it can become unforgiving if not carefully aware. We still don't know if it was a technical malfunction or pilot error.

Imagine a soon-to-be fighter pilot crashing a JF-17B Block 2 which has undergone an expensive MLU incl. AESA rdr in future. Who will be pissed off?

Is that the reason PAF says JF-17B is no LIFT and sends RFI's to Leonardo, Hongdu, etc?

Imagine a soon-to-be fighter pilot crashing a JF-17B Block 2 which has undergone an expensive MLU incl. AESA rdr in future. Who will be pissed off?

Is that the reason PAF says JF-17B is no LIFT and sends RFI's to Leonardo, Hongdu, etc?
Yep. The CAS said JF-17B is for JF-17 OCU, but there needs to be a LIFT to serve as a bridge between the K-8 (FCU) and JF-17 (OCU). Basically, the LIFT will takeover the intermediary step the FT-7P/PG are handling today.

What about TAI Hurjet???
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

A few used Hawks will do the trick. It will close the gap between K-8s and fighters. I'm not talking about the 100 series. But the 50s and 60s ones. Very reliable and an excellent trainer.

Yep. The CAS said JF-17B is for JF-17 OCU, but there needs to be a LIFT to serve as a bridge between the K-8 (FCU) and JF-17 (OCU). Basically, the LIFT will takeover the intermediary step the FT-7P/PG are handling today.
What options do we have ?
L-5 ? Having 24 is enough right?

What about TAI Hurjet???
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

What options do we have ?
L-5 ? Having 24 is enough right?
The last time the CAS spoke the main options were M346, L-15 and T-50. They can look at the Hurjet, but that's a few years out, and it seems the LIFT program is more urgent.

A few used Hawks will do the trick. It will close the gap between K-8s and fighters. I'm not talking about the 100 series. But the 50s and 60s ones. Very reliable and an excellent trainer.
Hawk is plausible, especially with the relative thaw in UK-Pakistan defence ties. If anything, it seems more PAF pilots can vouch for the Hawk than most other platforms.

The last time the CAS spoke the main options were M346, L-15 and T-50. They can look at the Hurjet, but that's a few years out, and it seems the LIFT program is more urgent.

Hawk is plausible, especially with the relative thaw in UK-Pakistan defence ties. If anything, it seems more PAF pilots can vouch for the Hawk than most other platforms.
So are we like really serious to acquire a LIFT now ? When can we expect to hear about deals ?

Apparently just found out that although both pilots ejected but sadly their chutes didn't deploy properly.
However, I was right in the fact that last PAF crash occurred on 23 Jan 2019 in Quetta again involved an F-7.
Same thing happened with Mirage. On which uncle Sq ldr, and his trainee. Trainee ejection system failed, my uncle parachute fail to open at 4000 ft.

PAF is flying junk.

Mapping the crash from Mianwali Pakistan today using media reports shows the aircraft travelled less than 7Kms, possibly leaving the pilots with very little time to eject as "0-collateral ditching" of the plane would've taken priority

ENr4_NGU0AU7AYX.jpg

Same thing happened with Mirage. On which uncle Sq ldr, and his trainee. Trainee ejection system failed, my uncle parachute fail to open at 4000 ft.

PAF is flying junk.
Like they service the aircraft engine, avionics or airframe, I wonder if same is done for ejection seats to see if allthe mechanisms are in working order.

Good idea.

Anything that provides a mix of affordability and reliability to PAF will do.

Back
Top Bottom