What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

We have 220 million people out of which I estimate 50 million consider themselves either by some madressa time, online course or "self certification" as experts in Islam & theology; and you expect people to not comment on PAF business?

PAF is answerable to the people as it is a taxpayer state institution. Just as the USAF briefs congress on whatever they ask and when they ask for it.

The press is informed with the maximum public declared knowledge possible, enthusiastic individuals given access to bases and whatever is not operational security information.
However, a process and procedure is following if any citizen has a question or objection to how the USAF operates- questions on safety and security etc and so on.

It is imperative that accountability be maintained but at the same time- ill informed meandering be ignored or shut down
I was talking about COMMON PEOPLE and not those EXPERTS..
Common people in Pakistan have a lot of other things to worry about than which exercise is being conducted by AF.
PAF isnt USAF...u know well what power armed forces in Pakistan have.(this is totally another topic so i wont go in detail)
Pakistan is a victim of Terrorism so no chance of access to PAF bases/installations(unless u have any relative there)so we cant compare us with USA in this case either.In USA u can easily do SPOTTING around airbases/airports,try that in Pakistan and u'll end up with some serious POCH GOOCH..

I was talking about COMMON PEOPLE and not those EXPERTS..
Common people in Pakistan have a lot of other things to worry about than which exercise is being conducted by AF.
PAF isnt USAF...u know well what power armed forces in Pakistan have.(this is totally another topic so i wont go in detail)
Pakistan is a victim of Terrorism so no chance of access to PAF bases/installations(unless u have any relative there)so we cant compare us with USA in this case either.In USA u can easily do SPOTTING around airbases/airports,try that in Pakistan and u'll end up with some serious POCH GOOCH..
You did not get the point- regardless of access or not access, common people in Pakistan have a tendency to consider themselves expert on a subject after watching on youtube video; and while windy here is right at being surprised as he follows very closely and knows stuff - many would come up with stupid questions regarding it.

Still,the point is he was operational irrespective of the aircraft...U have better knowledge than me especially about vipers so i wont argue with u..
No argument at all sir. And no, he was not operational on any aircraft at the time. He was in the phase of slowly leaving the air force. His incident happened in the 1980s when sitting as a passenger in a Cessna and the aircraft crashed, back then he was the OC of No.14 Squadron.

All f-7s need to be equipped with parachutes
img1.jpg

Government is busy looting the tax-payer money. They don't want to spend money to get latest fighter/attack jets or setup an indigenous programs. LPC Nooraya

You did not get the point- regardless of access or not access, common people in Pakistan have a tendency to consider themselves expert on a subject after watching on youtube video; and while windy here is right at being surprised as he follows very closely and knows stuff - many would come up with stupid questions regarding it.
Ironically when some sources report that PAF pilots spoilt the day for some Typhoons with some associated people assuming they belonged to a a certain Gora Sahib's air arm, others having no clues whatsoever, some of us common folks were able to find out that it wasn't actually pronto for the Vespa warriors.... but what the hell, we civilians can't tell the difference between dive and toss bombing.

Ironically when some sources report that PAF pilots spoilt the day for some Typhoons with some associated people assuming they belonged to a a certain Gora Sahib's air arm, others having no clues whatsoever, some of us common folks were able to find out that it wasn't actually pronto for the Vespa warriors.... but what the hell, we civilians can't tell the difference between dive and toss bombing.
Alan warnes has nothing to do with aviation but his passion got him where he is, the difference is interest and effort- that is what some academy grads don't get, you may not have a commission or know exactly what happened to a particular jet when it crashed- but given the right amount of effort(emphasis on this) in searching for knowledge, you can make a good guestimate.

If I can leave the gentleman we were discussed Surprised during my conversation with him, Im pretty sure you can guess the number of Flt lt and sqn ldrs ive left with gaping mouths.

But will I try to pretend the same with a investment banker? Nope, regardless of the news articles I may read; Ill be daft to pretend to be knowledgeable to him.

i guess its not just the indian mig21, or bisons pak migs/f-7 also are in dire need of replacement. But then the question is both paf and iaf fly other planes like jaguars and mirages in greater numbers, and they have lower crash rate why?
Not sure but i have some theories, request any senior member to validate them
1) These aircrafts are old and less advance hence are given lower importance in maintanance, storage of planes which is resulting in failiurs
2) Because pilots are flying more advance aircrafts they try to take these machines beyond what they are capable of enduring(both manuvering, equipments) hence causes crashes, ground collision, disorientation
3) Pilots treat these planes as old toys, old bikes and u know what we do with old machines. We try to rip them apart just for fun(ripping means doing unnecessary dragging, climbing, g forces etc).
4) Some thing is wrong in the original engines of these aircrafts which is just coming up with time (although no reports for this).
@Oscar @Windjammer

i guess its not just the indian mig21, or bisons pak migs/f-7 also are in dire need of replacement. But then the question is both paf and iaf fly other planes like jaguars and mirages in greater numbers, and they have lower crash rate why?
Not sure but i have some theories, request any senior member to validate them
1) These aircrafts are old and less advance hence are given lower importance in maintanance, storage of planes which is resulting in failiurs
2) Because pilots are flying more advance aircrafts they try to take these machines beyond what they are capable of enduring(both manuvering, equipments) hence causes crashes, ground collision, disorientation
3) Pilots treat these planes as old toys, old bikes and u know what we do with old machines. We try to rip them apart just for fun(ripping means doing unnecessary dragging, climbing, g forces etc).
4) Some thing is wrong in the original engines of these aircrafts which is just coming up with time (although no reports for this).
@Oscar @Windjammer

I think it has more to do with the quality of manufacturing in the Chinese F-7 jets. They were inducted only recently in 2002 but still face a lot of technical issues.

Government is busy looting the tax-payer money. They don't want to spend money to get latest fighter/attack jets or setup an indigenous programs. LPC Nooraya

Keep your naive prejudices to yourself. The defense budget is not in the control of any civilian government and if you think Taliban Khan will be any different, you are mistaken.

Hi,

I remember when you pakistani kids were bashing indian pilots on their crashes---.

Pay back is a bit-ch---ain't it.
Although there shouldn't be any excuse for PAF's crashes but at the same time it's unfair to compare with say IAF.
Firstly majority of IAF's front line strength consists of twin engine jets, which gives you that extra safety besides, unlike the PAF, which has been involved in combat missions for a decade, the IAF hasn't fired in anger since the Kargil conflict....the PAF operations, albeit of low intensity still translates into extra sorties than peacetime flying.

Back
Top Bottom