What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

These happen sometimes in clusters. No need to panic. Can someone compare PLAAF F7MG attrition record with PG.

F-7 /Mig-21 is a well-designed and well-constructed aircraft. More than 11,000 Mig-21’s and about 2,400 J-7/F-7 have been produced with thousands still flying with the numerous air forces of the world. Hence nothing wrong with the aircraft itself. However no air force can afford to have the fighters falling out of the sky so often. Unless it was due to a natural phenomenon such as bird strike; aircraft accident must be either due to pilot error or because of the equipment failure.

If one does not train hard enough, in case of war, one is likely to be shot out of the sky by the enemy pilots; hence no air force can afford to cut corners on training. Therefore, air combat training is inherently risky as you simulate near combat conditions. All one can do is to try to maintain highest possible maintenance standard and ensure that pilots are physically and mentally fit.

Even though it is inconceivable that PAF would allow any fighter to take off if was not certified ‘Airworthy’; PAF needs to up the quality of aircraft maintenance and may be the pilot’s health checks as well.

Last edited:
Luckily the pilot survived.

I noted the 'Saffron Bandit' badge, was the mishap during this exercise or does it refer to a previous one?

Also, I thought only had F-7P with the CCS are based at Mushaf AB?

I noted the 'Saffron Bandit' badge, was the mishap during this exercise or does it refer to a previous one?

The aircraft was flying from PAF Base Samungli to PAF Base Mushaf, Sargodha.
The badge must be from a previous exercise.

upload_2017-8-17_12-33-22.jpeg

Lets Hear For Our Brave Pilots, Who Had Zero Fear Of Death. They Ejected After Ensuring The Safety Of Residents Of Bhagtanwala. This Courage & Strength Make Our Pilots Best Of The Best. Pray for their Speedy Recovery. Stay Safe Chaps Happy Landings ...

View attachment 419017
Salute to the brave pilots and may they recover miraculously quickly and completely, Aameen in sha Allah.

2nd crash in one month of same machine,time to withdraw them in Emergency and induct thunders.
previous one was pilot error...please dont be a part of propaganda against PAF

The aircraft was flying from PAF Base Samungli to PAF Base Mushaf, Sargodha.
The badge must be from a previous exercise.

View attachment 419042
No it wasnt from a previous exercise..

May Almighty Bless.
Get will soon son of Motherland.
But Alas probably,his flying career has been ended.
A PAF viper pilot used to fly with a prosthetic leg...

The jet was assigned to No 17 Sqn Tigers and was deployed at Mushaf for exercise..

The jet was assigned to No 17 Sqn Tigers and was deployed at Mushaf for exercise..

I wasn't aware of any exercise currently under progress....however i understand the aircraft was flying in from Samungli.

Need a diplomatic push to get the f16 used ones or refurbished ones.
Thunder block 3 is not happening before 2019 per PAF chief so i doubt the PG are going to go before 2025. Even 2025 we may have the mirage 3/5 flying

He was visiting a Viper squadron, he was not an operational pilot on F-16s nor did he train on them. Previous to that he was the 2nd last OC of No.14 Squadron when it was an F-6 OCU.

Its not necessary to announce every exercise to the public..
Considering these are held at greater frequency for the past decade than previous years some surpirse to public can be expected- the 90's were pretty barren times

He was visiting a Viper squadron, he was not an operational pilot on F-16s nor did he train on them. Previous to that he was the 2nd last OC of No.14 Squadron when it was an F-6 OCU.
Still,the point is he was operational irrespective of the aircraft...U have better knowledge than me especially about vipers so i wont argue with u..

Considering these are held at greater frequency for the past decade than previous years some surpirse to public can be expected- the 90's were pretty barren times
Sir jee common people cant differentiate b/w solo turk and saudi hawks so what do they have to do with PAF's Business..?

Still,the point is he was operational irrespective of the aircraft...U have better knowledge than me especially about vipers so i wont argue with u..

Sir jee common people cant differentiate b/w solo turk and saudi hawks so what do they have to do with PAF's Business..?
We have 220 million people out of which I estimate 50 million consider themselves either by some madressa time, online course or "self certification" as experts in Islam & theology; and you expect people to not comment on PAF business?

PAF is answerable to the people as it is a taxpayer state institution. Just as the USAF briefs congress on whatever they ask and when they ask for it.

The press is informed with the maximum public declared knowledge possible, enthusiastic individuals given access to bases and whatever is not operational security information.
However, a process and procedure is following if any citizen has a question or objection to how the USAF operates- questions on safety and security etc and so on.

It is imperative that accountability be maintained but at the same time- ill informed meandering be ignored or shut down

Back
Top Bottom