What's new

Not treaty, eye partnership with Bangladesh Navy: US Pacific Fleet commande

Yes, with the almighty power Khaleda Zia possess, India would have to relocate back to it's ancestral position, back with Australia.

Khaleda Zia doesn't need to do anything......Nepal Navy will take care of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not entirely sure what you are saying so can't respond. peelkhana massacre was certaintly carried out by BAL and your assertion that RAW was the mastermind may well be true. However I will maintain I do not foresee a full scale military conflict between BD and India simply because whilst they may be able to beat us militarily they victory would be fleeting. We are a fortress nation of 160m very patriotic people. We can not be dominated nor invaded. India does not have the manpower, capability or resolve control us post military victory. on top of that can you imagine the diplomatic nightmare India would find itself in trying to explain why it is picking on a country one tenth it's size. India will meddle and continue to meddle in our affair through their proxies the BAL and a section of our intelligencia but direct attack no chance. Indias appetite for direct meddling ended in srilanka.

Have more confidence in BD and our people. We are not so weak and they are not so strong. A soul of our nation will and have endured many attacks. We still stand as a sovereign Muslim nation in more or less the same configuration of the independent muslim sultanates of old. I remain confident we will endure and we will progress.

I made it bold there, you said you: in future I see greater connectivity and economic activity.

I actually don't see it in future and I don't know how you see it. Any govt. other than this stupid BAL type be it corrupt, non patriotic or whatever will just try to defend our minimum interest which would bring conflicts between india and BD. My little knowledge says india will never be able to make a cordial relationship with its neighbors until it ceases to exist. Following is an excerpt from a Russian (india's old friend) about india:

India borders or is situated in proximity with many countries, but it would be wrong to say that it has good relations with all of them. Mainly, this considers China and Pakistan. Bangladesh is still viewed by many analysts as one of the world’s largest hotbeds of terrorism. India’s relations with Nepal are also not always good, because in contradictions between India and China, Nepal often takes China’s side.

What is behind India

Let's keep the military conflicts thing aside for the time being. There's war dynamics which is different from what we see in plain eyes.

Viability of India is not a issue that interests me so won't engage on that. Soviet union broke apart, India has many internal issues such as the Maoists and the independent minded people of the seven sister states etc so your hypothesis may prove true.

From BD perspective although we are unlucky to have the neighbours we have we can not change our geographical position.

Also it is cheaper to trade with ones neighbour than anyone else. So it stands to reason that connectivity and economic
Cooperation would increase over time.

Our security consideration must come first off course but for our national interest and development we should seek to exploit opportunities in our neighbourhood.

@mb444, BRO connectivity is not something we can afford with India in our current economic & security state. Forgot CHT? Bengalis R still harassed & killed there by shontu larma terrorist who even recently warned awami lunneys about consequences. Imagine giving Indian "cargo" a free run into BD? Also what about infrastructure? Drug smuggling ? Its them who are begging for it & they want it free. And free trade & connectivity will be a disaster for our local industries. Let us have some of our own Tatas & Birla gorups before thinking about connectivity. Connectivity with india will be suicidal.

Viability of India is not a issue that interests me so won't engage on that. Soviet union broke apart, India has many internal issues such as the Maoists and the independent minded people of the seven sister states etc so your hypothesis may prove true.

From BD perspective although we are unlucky to have the neighbours we have we can not change our geographical position.

Also it is cheaper to trade with ones neighbour than anyone else. So it stands to reason that connectivity and economic
Cooperation would increase over time.

Our security consideration must come first off course but for our national interest and development we should seek to exploit opportunities in our neighbourhood.

I have heard this rhetoric about Maosits so many times on BD section that it is funny now. Let me tell you one thing. We had insurgency 100 times more fierce and dangerous like Khalistan/ Kashmiri militants/ Nagaland insurgents etc. All are virtually wiped out. We are yet to see an inch of Indian land been brocken away from India since independence. If you gys still believe in that **** then carry on. We are getting stronger and stronger and India is here to stay the long haul.

Khaleda Zia doesn't need to do anything......Nepal Navy will take care of you!

I don't want to be rude but I can't help it. FYI India's 5 % of army strength is enough to roll over BD. Infact, 1 squadron of MKI and Mig29 each will be more than enough to combat your Air Force ;) As for the navy, we will outsource it to the fishermen of the region.

I have heard this rhetoric about Maosits so many times on BD section that it is funny now. Let me tell you one thing. We had insurgency 100 times more fierce and dangerous like Khalistan/ Kashmiri militants/ Nagaland insurgents etc. All are virtually wiped out. We are yet to see an inch of Indian land been brocken away from India since independence. If you gys still believe in that **** then carry on. We are getting stronger and stronger and India is here to stay the long haul.

I don't want to be rude but I can't help it. FYI India's 5 % of army strength is enough to roll over BD. Infact, 1 squadron of MKI and Mig29 each will be more than enough to combat your Air Force ;) As for the navy, we will outsource it to the fishermen of the region.

Being ten times bigger than us give or take in population and geography it is no surprise you are militarily stronger than us. Whilst you will be able to defeat us in a straight fight you have no chance of holding on to your gains. If you could you would have annexed us just in 71 just like you did the seven sisters, kashmir, Sikkim, Goa, etc.

I don't want to be rude but it would take nation far far superior than India to take and hold a nation of 160m against its will.

@mb444, BRO connectivity is not something we can afford with India in our current economic & security state. Forgot CHT? Bengalis R still harassed & killed there by shontu larma terrorist who even recently warned awami lunneys about consequences. Imagine giving Indian "cargo" a free run into BD? Also what about infrastructure? Drug smuggling ? Its them who are begging for it & they want it free. And free trade & connectivity will be a disaster for our local industries. Let us have some of our own Tatas & Birla gorups before thinking about connectivity. Connectivity with india will be suicidal.

You make good points. my threat perception vis-a-vis india needs to be rethought....

Being ten times bigger than us give or take in population and geography it is no surprise you are militarily stronger than us. Whilst you will be able to defeat us in a straight fight you have no chance of holding on to your gains. If you could you would have annexed us just in 71 just like you did the seven sisters, kashmir, Sikkim, Goa, etc.

I don't want to be rude but it would take nation far far superior than India to take and hold a nation of 160m against its will.

You make good points. my threat perception vis-a-vis india needs to be rethought....

Who told you we want to hold on? Did we hold on to BD in 1971 or Lahore in 1965??

And one friendly suggestion. If you ever happen to visit NE states and Sikkim, please don't use words like Indian occupation etc. We have many posters here from the region and trust me, it won't go down well with the locals.

Did you watch the video??

Back
Top Bottom