What's new

Norway, Philippines ambassadors among 7 killed in Gilgit helicopter crash

Rip to pilots and vistors on board....can any tell me school kids are safe? I feel very bad if any small kids are suffering

I'm sure you can look it up on the internet.

A) Faulty Weather :- PAF didn't know anything about the weather of the area or didn't read the weather report before planning a route?

B) Pilot Error :- When VIP's is ferrying , any airforce would deploy the most experienced Pilot and machine . You are saying, If pilot error then PAF put the inexperience pilot which don't have any experience of flying in that route ? or flying of very first time on that route.

In both above cases their is very in-professional attitude by PAF.

In case of Engine failure/ gear oil leak , MI-17 has manual system which helps in makes land safely but in that case both the pilots need to work accordingly.

Almost all helis can land safely if the engine fails, something known as "Auto-rotation"

What a moron. No heart at all. How can someone be so nasty and ugly at a moment of anguish is beyond me.

Air Chief Marshal Sohail Visits site of the MI-17 crash.

CEfUc6mW8AI6-cf.jpg

This is bad very bad. RIP. Very very sad news. I hope this isnt terrorism because that is just going to create a big question mark on the objectives of Zarib-e-Azam.

So a guy doesn't know which branch of armed forces pilot belonged to and he is raising questions on their professionalism . Bravo. New level of ignorance and stupidity unlocked.
Even if they were from Army Aviation Corp , so you mean to say they less qualified?

PAF has nothing to do with this incident, copter that crash landed belonged to army aviation. Weather forecast is never hundred percent accurate, similarly experienced pilots don't necessarily attain the title of being invincible, no air craft is immune to have technical issues. As IB stated, let the story mature, it's too early to determine the cause that lead copter to crash land.
Sir, Server ,flying Weather reports are almost accurate , you are in 21st century , they are many instances when pilots refused to fly worldwide due weather report.

Most of the VIP's sorties are given to those pilots which are flying in that area & knowledge of area, you can't make any pilot fly into mountain who has only flied on Sea experience carrying VIP in new area .

still no information on why such a large contingent was visiting that place (3 helicopters, around 37 foreigners in together, the PM was also on route to Gilgit and his plane was turned back without landing after this accident). I saw one report saying that PM was going for inauguration but inauguration of what?? what was so big that 37 foreigners for many different nations were traveling to the same ceremony!!

Inauguration of a chair lift in Naltar, afterwards there was a dinner hosted by PAF in honor of the dignitaries.

Can we cut it with the conspiracy theories now please?

Even if they were from Army Aviation Corp , so you mean to say they less qualified?

Sir, Server ,flying Weather reports are almost accurate , you are in 21st century , they are many instances when pilots refused to fly worldwide due weather report.

Most of the VIP's sorties are given to those pilots which are flying in that area & knowledge of area, you can't make any pilot fly into mountain who has only flied on Sea experience carrying VIP in new area .

I don't think you got anything! It's pointless to reply so peace.

Why is the ACM involved, wasn't this a PA helo?
He probably was one of the guests as this was a ceremony for the opening of a Ski resort and i believe he's also the president of Pakistan Ski Federation.

******************* 35 mins35 minutes ago
Just had a chat with an eye witness of the MI-17 crash, It was all fate, the rotor malfunction happened at the very last second 1/3

After glancing at the thread, I see that arm-chair air crash investigators are already busy in their jobs...and have started commenting in their extreme wisdom.

I'll just sit back and mourn the loss. Sugest other Pakistani members do the same.

Almost all helis can land safely if the engine fails, something known as "Auto-rotation"

It seems that it was too low for auto rotation. What is the minimum height that one requires to stabilize auto rotation.
Normally Aircraft engine failure checklists are designed the aircraft would be at cruse altitude.

What does your vast personal experience in crashes tells us. !!!
That an eyewitness is never in a position to make such declarative statements. Human beings are incredibly and notoriously unreliable in these cases, a full and through analysis needs to be undertaken by professional air crash investigators looking into every millisecond of the flight and the days/weeks leading up to this flight and forensic examination of the helo's service and maintenance records , an eye witness cannot be taken as gospel.

That an eyewitness is never in a position to make such declarative statements. Human beings are incredibly and notoriously unreliable in these cases, a full and through analysis needs to be undertaken by professional air crash investigators looking into every millisecond of the flight and the days/weeks leading up to this flight and forensic examination of the helo's service and maintenance records , an eye witness cannot be taken as gospel.
You are commenting on this as if the eye witness account is the official statement. Obviously people are chatting over social media sites about this tragedy. They can only share either personal or eyewitness accounts, however all are saying that the main rotor failed at an altitude of less than 50 feet.

Back
Top Bottom