What's new

Norway, Philippines ambassadors among 7 killed in Gilgit helicopter crash

You are commenting on this as if the eye witness account is the official statement. Obviously people are chatting over social media sites about this tragedy. They can only share either personal or eyewitness accounts, however all are saying that the main rotor failed at an altitude of less than 50 feet.

And no eyewitness saw any SAM or anti aircraft gun fire.

And no eyewitness saw any SAM or anti aircraft gun fire.
no doesn't seem like it .

What caused the crash?
Speaking to DawnNews after the incident, DG ISPR said the helicopter crashed due to a technical fault and ruled out the possibility of any terrorist or subversive activity.

He, however, said that as per procedure, a board of inquiry has been constituted to investigate the cause of the crash.

Moreover, the outlawed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed that the incident was the result of an attack it carried out however this could not be independently verified.

Pakistan Air Force spokesman Group Captain S M ALI, however, strongly ruled out the possibility of any terrorist act behind the crash of M-17 helicopter near Gilgit.

"No, there was no such (terrorist) act. I am witness to the accident, as I had also landed there a while before this unfortunate helicopter crashed — I was watching it land," Ali told Dawn.com on phone from Naltar.

Norway, Philippines envoys killed in helicopter crash, army claims no terror attack - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Not only is the helicopter crash and loss of life tragic but apparently the helicopter crashed into a school. Pakistan has the worst F'ing luck.

Could a chopper still crash land despite being hit by anti aircraft gun fire? Since this one crashlanded.

Not only is the helicopter crash and loss of life tragic but apparently the helicopter crashed into a school. Pakistan has the worst F'ing luck.

School was closed due to the visit

Also surviving ambassadors as well as those ambassadors already on ground would definitely know what happened. Pak army will not lie on this occasion as ambassodors will tell the truth...

Well can you accept even PA tell the truth ( even if their was AA fire) , on many incidents PA opened lied and caught later on.

Only Indians or TTP terrorists or their apologists are praying it to be a terror incident. If crashes happen only due to terror fire than IAF and IA would have been biggest victims of terrorism in human history. :)

Could a chopper still crash land despite being hit by anti aircraft gun fire? Since this one crashlanded.

Yeah it can. But for that someone needs to fire with an anti aircraft gun which would be seen by hundreds of witnesses which isn't the case here.

i dont know if this video is for this crash ( please confirm ) . this video was uploaded 2 hours ago claiming helicrash of today

Raja Yasir | Facebook

No body except the Indians from their monitoring station on Mars. :rolleyes:

Or it was some stealth invisible missile that was developed by virat hindus millions of years ago and now acquired by TTP. :)

in whole world only india and terrorist praying that this comes out to be a terrorist attack...
Now every one should know who is supporting whom...

still no information on why such a large contingent was visiting that place (3 helicopters, around 37 foreigners in together, the PM was also on route to Gilgit and his plane was turned back without landing after this accident). I saw one report saying that PM was going for inauguration but inauguration of what?? what was so big that 37 foreigners for many different nations were traveling to the same ceremony!!
A tourist facility in Naltar, could be a hotel or resort.

Why their is not a picture / videos coming in from the site ?
upload_2015-5-8_16-13-46.png

2 ambassadors killed in Pakistan helicopter crash - CNN.com
Pakistan helicopter crash kills foreign envoys - BBC News

video? following has videos and stills of the site and the place
Crashed helicopter developed technical fault: ISPR

next question?

Back
Top Bottom