What's new

North Korea Defence Forum

North Korea nuclear: State claims first hydrogen bomb test

North Korea says it has successfully carried out its first underground test of a hydrogen bomb - a more powerful weapon than an atomic bomb.

If true it would be its fourth nuclear test since 2006 and mark a huge advance in its nuclear capabilities.

The announcement was swiftly criticised by world leaders with South Korea calling it "a grave provocation to our national security".

But there has been no independent confirmation of the North's claim yet.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35240012

Now this is the fifth !!!!?

==============================================================
North Korea wants everyone to know that it has a miniaturized nuclear warhead and this is what it apparently looks like:

160309123224-north-korea-warhead-1-resize-exlarge-169.jpg

Last edited:
North Korea wants everyone to know that it has a miniaturized nuclear warhead and this is what it apparently looks like:

2006, 2009, 2013.

But 2016 seems to be a pivotal one.

Interesting that this comes against the backdrop of US' THAAD move to challenge and threaten China and Russia.

The world is definitely not what we are used to.

I'd say your Vietnam makes a better candidate :lol:
Mmmm...Not likely.

The key to economic prosperity is peace. Not war. Take a look at WW II US, for example.

During that time, practically everything was rationed. Any scientific discovery and/or invention was immediately examined to see if there can be any military application. The entire economy was redirected towards the war effort. The reality is that in the long run it is much cheaper to have a strong deterrence to war than to actually engage in war. Between the extreme of WW II and the extreme of complete worldwide peace are military adventures like Desert Storm or annexing the Crimea. While both were financially expensive, neither war were waged from the fear of losing one's country.

A major contributor to China's current economic rise is because of the stability of the Korean peninsula. Before Young Fat Kim (YFK), China and NKR had personal relationships with each other, as in the leaders of both countries actually saw each other on a regular basis. Think Raygun and Gorby in Reykjavik, or Nixon and Mao, or Saladin and Richard the Lionheart where upon learning Richard was ill Saladin ordered snow sent to Richard as a treat. World history is filled with leaders from opposite sides who were friends to each other.

Is that happening between the leaders of China and North Korea ? 没有 and 아니

An unstable Korean peninsula would do grievous harm to China's economy. What would happen if SKR and JPN withdraw from China ? No, China would not collapse. But a war between the two Koreas when the perpetrator is North Korea who is China's nominal ally would pit many against China. You PDF Chinese would cheer and dance at the prospect of a nuclear radiated Seoul, I have no doubt about that. Not because the South Koreans have done any real harm to China, but only because South Korea is a close US ally.

In response to NKR's aggression, the US military would decimate the NKRean military. YOU should have no doubt about that. The result would be a humanitarian disaster and economic strain for China. The SKReans and the JPNese can wash their hands off China. Whatever they built on China, China can have. They would pull their people and money out. Owning the South China Sea ? China can kiss it 再见 . The other Asian countries would see what happened to the South Koreans and see the hectic Chinese trying to contain the war, they will take the SCS away from China, probably, not possibly -- PERMANENTLY. China will have no choice but to dig in. The US maybe fighting again in the Korean peninsula, but the US mainland is not under threat like China's. The world's news organizations will be broadcasting the PLA gunning down North Koreans at the Chinese borders.

China's economic run ? Knocked to the side of the road by YFK.

Last edited:
The same day Russia pulled the US into negotiation table and forced an agreement (which involves identifying US-supported al-Nusra terrorists as terrorists), DPRK does this test, second one this year.

US is better stop naming red lines.

Or it should choose a different color.

Last edited:
@gambit
War are fought with guns and rifles not with fists, your trolling has failed by putting a short NK soldier between two taller enemies. When will you ever grow up old man? :lol:
Guns and ammo have weight. Like it or not, the infantry and the marines are best served by muscular men. But since you have never served, you would not understand.

http://www.cnet.com/news/north-korea-nuclear-test-triggers-earthquake-felt-in-china/
North Korea claims to have detonated a nuclear warhead in defiance of international sanctions, apparently causing an earthquake that was felt in China.
Is it true that the Chinese nearby was so terrified of earthquake that they evacuated their homes, schools, and everything else ? All because of NKR's nuclear weapons test.

So who is the real danger to China here ?

Guns and ammo have weight. Like it or not, the infantry and the marines are best served by muscular men. But since you have never served, you would not understand.

On the contrary, during the Korean War the Chinese army were not as mascular like that yet Americans and the rest of the allies fled all the way back to South Korea. Lets not forget how your people engaged your new papa and fought a bloody long war while they were starving. So i wouldn't be so hasty to judge the situation based on the perception of having bigger biceps automatically means victory.

On the contrary, during the Korean War the Chinese army were not as mascular like that yet Americans and the rest of the allies fled all the way back to South Korea. Lets not forget how your people engaged your new papa and fought a bloody long war while they were starving. So i wouldn't be so hasty to judge the situation based on the perception of having bigger biceps automatically means victory.
This is not the Korean War.

Today, it is both strong soldiers and technology, both of which China is not comparable to the US. Plus, you assume that China will fight for NKR. That assumption is much weaker than the assumption that we will fight for SKR.

In the end, it will be China and US against NKR. What an irony...:lol:

This is not the Korean War.

Today, it is both strong soldiers and technology, both of which China is not comparable to the US. Plus, you assume that China will fight for NKR. That assumption is much weaker than the assumption that we will fight for SKR.

In the end, it will be China and US against NKR. What an irony...:lol:

Is it that late already at your place? No wonder you are having creative dreams right now :lol:
If China would be in danger of losing everything due to the "instability" of Kim's behavior i guess there's nothing to worry about from the US side. It shall remain the global super power for a long long time to come. The irony of China joining hands with US couldn't be more far fetched really :rofl:, i'll be waiting for it when that day really comes.

China's trade relation with NKR declined...

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...h-North-Korea-falls-13-percent/4421466613432/

This is on top of millions of people barely living above the bare minimum to survive. This is what China will be facing.

Is it that late already at your place? No wonder you are having creative dreams right now :lol:
If China would be in danger of losing everything due to the "instability" of Kim's behavior i guess there's nothing to worry about from the US side. It shall remain the global super power for a long long time to come. The irony of China joining hands with US couldn't be more far fetched really :rofl:, i'll be waiting for it when that day really comes.
You are correct.

Ultimately, it will be China and NKR who will lose the most. If we worry at all, it will be for our friends the SKReans.

Must be very very late over there.

If the DPRK were the threat to China as argued, the US would not only stay silent on DPRK's proliferation, but also encourage it.

We know how Clinton and Obama founded and facilitated ISIS.

There is no limit in the US government's playbook for regime interest.

US has been fuming because the developments are first and foremost a threat to long-running US hegemony.

Last edited:
If the DPRK were the threat to China as argued, the US would not only stay silent on DPRK's proliferation, but also encourage it.
The threat to China is indirect, as in secondary effects. Not that NKR will somehow turn against China. If we are concerned, it is for SKR.

China's trade relation with NKR declined...

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...h-North-Korea-falls-13-percent/4421466613432/

This is on top of millions of people barely living above the bare minimum to survive. This is what China will be facing.

You are correct.

Ultimately, it will be China and NKR who will lose the most. If we worry at all, it will be for our friends the SKReans.

Then what's taking US so long to send those cruise missiles? You guys gonna wait till Kim has the capability to strike US Mainland and make the first wrong move? DPRK is not gonna collapse, same goes for Cuba. We'll just have to wait and see what China's reaction will be if Kim decides to restart the war, but my instinct tells me he is not that eager for suicide.

Then what's taking US so long to send those cruise missiles? You guys gonna wait till Kim has the capability to strike US Mainland and make the first wrong move? DPRK is not gonna collapse, same goes for Cuba. We'll just have to wait and see what China's reaction will be if Kim decides to restart the war, but my instinct tells me he is not that eager for suicide.
North Korea WILL collapse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wing-new-images-taken-inside-rogue-state.html

As for Cuba, it already collapsed -- the soft kind. And we provided the mattress.

Recently, the US had its first airline flight to Cuba. That mean the progress towards making Cuba a US virtual colony officially began. The Castros are now irrelevant. We would much rather defeat our enemies with soft weapons than hard. Like I said before, we are the better student of Sun Tzu than you are.

North Korea WILL collapse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wing-new-images-taken-inside-rogue-state.html

As for Cuba, it already collapsed -- the soft kind. And we provided the mattress.

Recently, the US had its first airline flight to Cuba. That mean the progress towards making Cuba a US virtual colony officially began. The Castros are now irrelevant. We would much rather defeat our enemies with soft weapons than hard. Like I said before, we are the better student of Sun Tzu than you are.

:rofl: always the same crap US the better student of Sun Tzu, old man you need to understand that the essence behind Sun Tzu can only be mastered by China. And no, US does not prefer to use soft power to subdue a country otherwise it would not have turned the ME region upside down. Everybody is talking about the declining clout of the US presence in SEA you just haven't realized it yet in your subconscious mind. Perhaps one day you shall awake from your coma state and come to the conclusion how wrong you were :lol:

Back
Top Bottom