What's new

North Korea Defence Forum

North Korea has launched a test missile that landed in the Sea of Japan, a US official says. http://cnn.it/2oQYYXG

C-h-MkGUAAINuJz.jpg

That CNN link says it failed.

North Korea's missile test fails, US military says
"The missile blew up over land in North Korean territory, said US Navy Cmdr. Dave Benham, a spokesman for the US Pacific Command."

It failed or made to fail?:D

If it was made to fail, then we must learn, how? Because it was the only country that exported missile tech to.......You know who!!

@Nilgiri @ranjeet @Hamartia Antidote

US hand in these failures of north korea cannot be discounted though. North Koreans have launched many successful tests before...and now 2 in a row have failed in a row in current tense atmosphere with US saying its not business as usual. I don't think its coincidence.

China draws red line for North Korea issue: War is not allowed

FOREIGN201704281404000432434076619.jpg

http://en.people.cn/n3/2017/0428/c90000-9209089.html

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi took a tough position on the North Korea issue on Wednesday, saying that war on the Korean Peninsula is absolutely unacceptable.

Wang made the remarks in a press conference after a Sino-German dialogue on cooperation with Sigmar Gabriel, the German vice-chancellor and foreign minister in Germany.

“Of course we believe that the continued nuclear tests violate UN Security Council resolutions, but carrying out nonstop military exercises around the Korean Peninsula isclearly not in line with the spirit of Council resolutions,” Wang Yi said. He added that it is imperative to return to dialogue as soon as possible.

Wang Yi said that the goal of the Chinese side is firm; that is, to realize the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and establish a mechanism for peace on the Peninsula. He said China is willing to continue to play a constructive role to that end, but warned of the dangers of the situation. “As for the likelihood of war, even a one percent possibility of war breaking out is not acceptable,” Wang Yi said. “The Korean Peninsula isnot the Middle East. If war breaks out, the consequences would be unimaginable.”

China has drawn a red line for the U.S., North Korea, and South Korea, that war on the Korean Peninsula is not allowed and that all consequences would be borne by the relevant countries should war break out.

Last edited:
“The Korean Peninsula isnot the Middle East. If war breaks out, the consequences would be unimaginable.”

I always said, the problem the Middle East has is that there is no great power to protect the region there and all the countries vying for regional leadership are divided by religious/sectarian lines.

In East Asia, there is China, which a considerable power to be able to maintain regional peace, prosperity and development.

Without China, East Asia would have already been in flames, just the way the US craves to see it.

At any cost, keep the US warmongers from our region. No Fat Kim can be as irrational, dangerous, and murderous than the US regime.

I always said, the problem the Middle East has is that there is no great power to protect the region there and all the countries vying for regional leadership are divided by religious/sectarian lines.

In East Asia, there is China, which a considerable power to be able to maintain regional peace, prosperity and development.

Without China, East Asia would have already been in flames, just the way the US craves to see it.

At any cost, keep the US warmongers from our region. No Fat Kim can be as irrational, dangerous, and murderous than the US regime.

Everyone here knows how much I dislike North Korea, yet the irony is that North Korea has never actually dropped nuclear bombs on civilian populations before. And certainly not twice.

Personally I hope Trump and Fat Kim find a way to kill each other while minimizing the fallout damage to the rest of the region and the world.

I notice their is virtually no mention of the South Korean position.

If war breaks out it is them, and not the US, that will pay the higher price.

That has always been the case historically. But modern China don't know how to subdue smaller countries like SK, Japan, Vietnam, indon to spend less on military. All of these countries spend more % of GDP than china. So i think a war in east Asia is possible in the future. The catalyst are US and NK. To an extent, China is to blame also for taking no action to subdue poorer countries in the region.

I notice their is virtually no mention of the South Korean position.

If war breaks out it is them, and not the US, that will pay the higher price.
The south koreans are no better as they don't realize win or lose, their economy will suffer. Seoul will be in ruins.

I was hoping US starts a Korean War. US will eventually succumb.
A direct war with DPRK and CHINA? NO WAY, US learned the hard lesson during the first one. This time the US won't be so lucky as the last time. Nope... Yankees prefer peace on the Korean side just to keep cashing from SK but won't hesitate to run amok by firing tomahawk

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom