What's new

Nordic countries back India’s bid for UNSC permanent membership

There are 2 possibilities. Reform happens or not.
If it happens, there is 100% chance India will get it. It wont be brazil and japan got and india rejected. Rest Russia will take care of the red book if 1% chance shortfalls.
And the good news is now UNSC accepting reforms talks on the table.
agree. but who told you reforms will give India permanent seat?
their is a very strong group which wants democratic reforms,which include increasing non permanent seats only.

The UNSC is not a pillow fort that you get into for sh*ts and giggles. It's there to do a job. If enough countries support our bid for membership, the isolated few will be the odd ones. Maybe our entry will be advocated, maybe it will be blocked. As long as everyone else wants us there, I will consider it job well done. Maybe it might even be the beginning of something newer and more effective.

Germany has a zero chance of getting that seat. Compared to Germany India is like a broken wheelbarrow without a wheel that also leaks.

My only hope is that Modi gets reelected.

Germany has a zero chance of getting that seat. Compared to Germany India is like a broken wheelbarrow without a wheel that also leaks.

Now we're talking about Germany?
Like I said previously, I will gladly accept support from all these countries as sign enough.

Why Germany or Japan has zero chance?

Why Germany or Japan has zero chance?

Because Japan has active territorial disputes with both China and Russia, and neither one wants another US vote in the P5 (similar reason why India won't get in).

Germany won't get in because Europe already has 2 representatives in the P5, Britain and France.

In fact, no one else will get in, at least not with veto power. China, Russia and the US have already said they will not support any expansion/alteration of the existing veto power. Which makes sense, why would any of the P5 want to dilute their own veto power.

Because Japan has active territorial disputes with both China and Russia, and neither one wants another US vote in the P5 (similar reason why India won't get in).

Germany won't get in because Europe already has 2 representatives in the P5, Britain and France.

In fact, no one else will get in, at least not with veto power. China, Russia and the US have already said they will not support any expansion/alteration of the existing veto power. Which makes sense, why would any of the P5 want to dilute their own veto power.
Which is actually what was proposed some times back. India will be allowed to join as a permanent member but with no veto power and India will not be able to ask for veto for next 20 years. Needless to say, it went no where.

At some point of time, India and all of these neo-powers will boycott UNSC and will ask for its dissolution within framework of UN General Assembly. Giving rise to a different UNSC or its successor. Most likely this will be proceeded by another big war. Similar to League of Nations.

Which is actually what was proposed some times back. India will be allowed to join as a permanent member but with no veto power and India will not be able to ask for veto for next 20 years. Needless to say, it went no where.

At some point of time, India and all of these neo-powers will boycott UNSC and will ask for its dissolution within framework of UN General Assembly. Giving rise to a different UNSC or its successor. Most likely this will be proceeded by another big war. Similar to League of Nations.

Now we're talking about Germany?
Like I said previously, I will gladly accept support from all these countries as sign enough.

No. I am talking about reelection of Modi.

Both Pakistan and China must do whatever is needed to help Modi get reelected.

Modi ruling India is a once in a lifetime golden opportunity for us. We need India to become an extremist hindutva country in every aspect of life, at all costs.

I should have pointed out that I was talking about this whole UNSC hoohaa and Nordic countries in the backdrop of Modi's reelection campaign. My assumption was it was understood.

I found it interesting that countries are seeking to become the permanent member of UNSC without fully appropriating how the so called “P5” got their memberships in the first place. This exclusive council includes US, Russia, China, France and UK. Please do note that they did not get the position by popular opinion or by size of population. All of them got the membership by fighting many many bloody battles and came out as winner.

If any country want to challenge this order and join the rank, it needs to defeat or at least call it a draw against one of the P5 countries decisively in a open battle. This is the only way that you can gain the membership. After victory is secured, it will be regarded as peer in the UNSC and be inducted as a member by consensus.

Last edited:
All countries in the P5 have abused their veto power in different issues. IMO no country should have a permanent seat.

No. I am talking about reelection of Modi.

Both Pakistan and China must do whatever is needed to help Modi get reelected.

Modi ruling India is a once in a lifetime golden opportunity for us. We need India to become an extremist hindutva country in every aspect of life, at all costs.

I should have pointed out that I was talking about this whole UNSC hoohaa and Nordic countries in the backdrop of Modi's reelection campaign. My assumption was it was understood.

This is a great Idea.

I totally support your call for destroying India by re-election of Modi. What kind of effort are you willing to put in place to make this happen ?

This will eventually happen,its just a matter of time.

We just have to grow even faster economically.

Economic implications decides politics at every stage.

This will eventually happen,its just a matter of time.

We just have to grow even faster economically.

Economic implications decides politics at every stage.

You are probably right.. but right now Nordic countries are just paying lip service to India to gain more business there. Smart move!!! :)

You are probably right.. but right now Nordic countries are just paying lip service to India to gain more business there. Smart move!!! :)
Maybe but lip service also matters at these stages for a narrative.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom