What's new

Non-Christians 'not my brother,' 'not my sister'

Are you a Orthodox Christian? Your from Kerala. I think Kerala has been one of the most tolerate places in India. Jews came to Kerala when their Second temple was destroyed in 70 AD. St. Thomas has also come to Kerala and was welcome by the local Hindu king and had permission to built Churches and founded the first Christian movement in India, when rest of Europe was still Pagans.
Bravo :yahoo:so in your words India lead the path to invites to every Tom Dick and Harry from across the globe? Why the personal enmity with muslims then?

But there are those fanatical nut job Hindus for sure. That think like Hindustan for only Hindus, but thats very few.

This has got to be the funniest statement I have read/heard in a while. Tops Clinton and his ''I did not have ****** *********** with that woman''

Care to elaborate on your members and supporters of BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party)and NDA(National Democratic Alliance)? Very few indeed.

You would think in a nation like India with a Billion people many sects, religions, races, etc, etc, etc, etc there would be riots and havoc everywhere.

We dont live in the iron age you know. Welcome to 2011.

India and Indians in India have beat all odds. Cause it could have ended up like Yugoslavia or something.

Jai Hind!

India boasts of excellence in most fields and temperance. Tolerance being one of them. Why set standards when you cant comply?

Why compare your GREAT country with a dump like Yugoslavia? :undecided: Chor kee dharhee main tinka?

Yeah ,like i said radicals are everywhere . Weirdly enough, i haven't seen one yet. And no, i am marthoma. I am indeed proud to be an indian. Unity in diversity and all that ^^

I am pretty sure marthoma falls under Orthodox Syriac Christianity..

Bravo so in your words India lead the path to invites to every Tom Dick and Harry from across the globe? Why the personal enmity with muslims then?

I dont have anything against Muslims bud, never said that. I have Muslim friends here.

This has got to be the funniest statement I have read/heard in a while. Tops Clinton and his ''I did not have ****** *********** with that woman''

Care to elaborate on your members and supporters of BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party)and NDA(National Democratic Alliance)? Very few indeed.

I know Indians that are not Hindus that support organizations like BJP.(Believe it or not)

India boasts of excellence in most fields and temperance. Tolerance being one of them. Why set standards when you cant comply?

I dont think India boast, but I do.

Yugoslavia isnt dumb...

...........:tup:

There have always been Christians throughout the last 2000 years that did not do so either. Btw I'm a Muslim Christian.

Blow my mind, I am officially a Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Pagan then..

Last edited:
I understand you are a pak national and knows only what you read about india. As for me, i study in an engineering college run by muslims and it is one of the best in our state. Getting accepted in it was a personal achievement for me. All my life i have had muslim friends even in dubai where i studied for a while. Not once have i seen "discrimination" handed out to the muslims. I dont know if that bbc link you provided was for real or just sensationalised but i can tell you from experience it isnt so.

Sensationalized indeed. Might I suggest you read a bit more news ever so often.

Even better sue the flipping BBC. How dare they!!!!:angry:

I have increasingly said india and indians are generally quite tolerant , even quoting from my personal life. Yet you reiterate the same close minded rants. No one will understand india unless they are indians. If you must know even BJP realized they cannot go on without appealing to minorities as well. Heck, they even have muslim and christian members in their party now. Again i am not saying there arent any radicals but its not close to being as prevalent as you seem to assert.

Oh so you mean to say Sikhism, Hinduism and the likes have been very tolerant of other religious beliefs? Or even their own? :what:

'I am clean and you are NOT'. The conquistadors should have treated their own kind as untouchables or classed them as unclean. That would have been even better, no?
YouTube - The Untouchables - A short documentary focused on the lowest caste in past and present Hindu society

I wonder what tool Ashoka used to conquer Kalinga. Maybe the same that Raja Dahir used.

Maybe we shouldnt be surprised at anything anymore. Mis-treatment of widows, Dalits and the likes? They have been doing this for more than fifteen hundred years. They are still at it.

What are you talking about? Oh yes , you have spent a lifetime researching the short comings of Hinduism. but obviously you haven't been around for so long as to have seen a life time, so you have been taking your cue from others who have spent a life time researching on Hinduism. We find most of these guys on platforms such as Rupee News and Daily Mail.

We were discussing the deep rooted and instutionalised tolerance in Christianity and Islam. If you feel that these religions are really tolerant and that thousands of years of historical evidence to the contrary are just aberrational, fine. But do not drag my religion into it, as any intolerant behaviour in Hinduism that may be visible today is just a defense mechanism to preserve it self from the onslaught of inimical influences.

Last edited:
Aap sab Shant rahhin..............

Z girl................. LOL u r true to ur word. trouble maker!

I found this particularly funny.
Are you sure its 2011 in pakistan? Because the last time i checked a man called salman taseer was shot dead because he stood up for minorities- and his assassin hailed as a hero instead of condemnation. If that is 2011 i prefer the dark ages, thanks.

What are you talking about? Oh yes , you have spent a lifetime researching the short comings of Hinduism. but obviously you haven't been around for so long as to have seen a life time, so you have been taking your cue from others who have spent a life time researching on Hinduism. We find most of these guys on platforms such as Rupee News and Daily Mail.

Consider the possibility that the shoe is on the other foot Mr.PHD in Islam? :agree:
I am so tempted to just cut and paste what you so graciously typed. Exactly my point when it comes to Islam.

We were discussing the deep rooted a and instutionalised tolerance in Christianity and Islam. If you feel that these religions are really tolerant and that thousands of years of historical evidence to the contrary are just aberrational, fine. But do not drag my religion into it, as any intolerant behaviour in Hinduism that may be visible today is just a defense mechanism to preserve it self from the onslaught of inimical influences.

Do not drag my religion into it, as any intolerant behaviour in Islam that may be visible today is just a defense mechanism to preserve it self from the onslaught of inimical influences.

Care to shed light on your post number 14? We WERE discussing Christianity. Full Stop.

You dragged all that mambo jambo about Islam into the thread.

I found this particularly funny.
Are you sure its 2011 in pakistan? Because the last time i checked a man called salman taseer was shot dead because he stood up for minorities- and his assassin hailed as a hero instead of condemnation. If that is 2011 i prefer the dark ages, thanks.

Hero? Speak for yourself mister. Lol.

Last time I checked and ''Google'' will pleasingly support me here....India has prime example of the cases similar to that of Mr Taseer. Salman Taseer only happened to be a famous person.

You have seriously got to read a bit on your great country.

Much as I am enjoying this thread, I have to head off to bed. Maybe some other time ey guys.

I know a lot about my great country . I dont need you to educate me about it. Why does the world say pakistan is the epicentre of terror? Why does analysts say its on the top ten list of failed states? I am not denying intolerance existing in india i simply talked about my own personal experience in the state of kerala. Look, as a nation we know we have our problems and we admit them. We are also working to change those.
But pakistan doesnt even realize that it has a severe problem of intolerance and religous bigotry. The first step towards healing is admitting you have a problem.

Consider the possibility that the shoe is on the other foot Mr.PHD in Islam? :agree:
I am so tempted to just cut and paste what you so graciously typed. Exactly my point when it comes to Islam.

Do not drag my religion into it, as any intolerant behaviour in Islam that may be visible today is just a defense mechanism to preserve it self from the onslaught of inimical influences.

Care to shed light on your post number 14? We WERE discussing Christianity. Full Stop.

You dragged all that mambo jambo about Islam into the thread.

No numbo jumbo pal, it is my considered view that the idiosyncrasy that we observed in the remarks of the preacher in question is not really peculiar to America's deep down South, it is a common trait of all Abrahamic religions which includes Islam and Judaism. It is this aspect of 'My God is better than yours' which has caused more agony and suffering in the world than any thing else.

Yes, India was and still is the land of the tolerant. We will continue to be the land of the tolerant. The intolerant will be vanquished regardless of their religious disposition. It may take time, but eventually the will of a billion Indians will prevail on that of the intolerant few.

Back
Top Bottom