What's new

No words to tell it (Viewer discretion is advised)

sorry, I did'nt watch the videos but can anyone explain what is going on? every post until now seem so cryptic... ?

it's a very horrible video... It shows live footage and pictures of a massacre of Muslims in Indonesia. Surprisingly, none of us had ever heard of it, it's as if it was ignored by all foreign media.

I watched the 1st part, the second part is off the air.
I couldn't understand heads or tails of it.
Who killed whom?

Is it the Muslims killing Non Muslims or the Pro and Anti Chinese killing one another??
it was a Christian attack on majority Muslim areas.
the first vid showed how it started and ended and the second vid was the aftermath of the incident.

one solution: Nuke each and everyone of those basterds.

Rather than posting news and little bit crying over it. :hitwall:

I could'nt watch 2nd video.The second video is removed by youtube, they dont want ppl to know the truth i guess.

terrible video indeed, just finished watching first part, can any 1 post second video again plz.

one solution: Nuke each and everyone of those basterds.

Rather than posting news and little bit crying over it. :hitwall:

We are just ordinary civilians, soldiers, working class citizens...the best we can do is protest for a couple of days, after a while people forget about the story, the govt(s) end up doing nothing.

I honestly believe that all of us are being misled by this video. There were no anti muslim riots in Indonesia in the place or time mentioned in the narration. 13 May 1998(NOT 2001as the Urdu commentator says) is when anti-Chinese riots occurred when over 1500 Chinese were killed.
In 2001, the only riots that I could find out about were in Feb. and once again the targets were the ethnic Chinese.
Please dont get misled by these videos, whose objective can only be to create more of the 'the whole world is agaist us Muslims' type of sentiment.
Just google these dates and places and let me know if I am wrong.
Have a good day gentlemen,
John Doe.

I couldn't understand what that guy was saying. But first of all i am youtube hasn't removed that video yet its so disturbing. (don't gett me wrong people should know what happens but just imiagine a 10 year old boy/girl looking at thatvideo).

Moving on who the **** did this ? I mean sereiously i can't beleive it that some humans are willing to go that for to kill someone. I hate this act very much i don't have the words to describe my hatred.

Anyone mind sumursing the video for me please ?

This stuff belongs to ogrish not youtube.

Are those videos related to this?
Since there is a mention of Christians groups attacking

Last edited by a moderator:
Write Viewers Discretion is Strongly advised in first post
Write something in old

Its not suitable for below 21 years of age
and secondly it is a Muslim country and same muslim community is being oppressed? doesn't make sense to me

We shouldn't trust non-mulism!!

I haven't seen the videos but can assume there are human beings being killed and butchered.

However, astonishingly enough we have forum members who again bring religion in this. As if these acts were any less ghastly if instead of Muslims it was jews, hindus or christians being killed.

Some people just can't see beyond religion.

Indonesian riots of May 1998 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The May 1998 riots in Indonesia were a principal factor in the Fall of Suharto. They occurred in several parts of Indonesia, including Medan and Surakarta, but most notably in the capital and largest city, Jakarta. The riots were triggered by economic problems like food shortages and mass unemployment in Indonesia.
Trisakti University students clash with police forces.

The Indonesian currency Rupiah had collapsed and prices of basic goods skyrocketed. Students took to the streets in Jakarta and protested against then President Suharto. The rioting started after four students from Trisakti University were shot dead during a demonstration on 12 May 1998. After the funeral the following day, rioting started outside the university, with police and military offices and cars as the major targets.

The riots became more widespread on 14–15 May 1998 and quickly turned into a pogrom targeting properties and businesses owned by ethnic-Chinese (Chinese Indonesian), who were made into scapegoats. Many shops put up signs such as "Milik pribumi" ("Owned by native Indonesian(s)") or "Pro Reformasi" ("Pro-reformation"). Otherwise, shops owned by ethnic Chinese were looted and burned. There were also dozens of documented accounts of ethnic Chinese women being raped. The US State Department noted in its report:

Following the riots, allegations of mass **** of ethnic Chinese women were made, forcing the Government to establish a fact-finding team to investigate the riots and rapes. The team found that elements of the military had been involved in the riots, some of which were deliberately provoked. It also verified 66 rapes of women, the majority of whom were Sino-Indonesian, as well as numerous other acts of violence against women.

In this climate of fear, many ethnic Chinese, who made up about 3-5% of Indonesia's population, fled the country.

In the aftermath, a fact finding team from the Asian Legal Resource Centre stated that the military had played a role in the violence.

Over 1,500 people were killed and over 160 were raped in the riots.

**** cases were underreported as the Criminal Code would only consider penetration by a male sexual organ as ****. **** by other objects by sharp or blunt object are not regulated in the Criminal Code’s article on ****. Also, according to Indonesian Criminal Code, a **** victim has to provide witnesses and evidence, the May 1998 **** victims are deeply traumatized and unable to present the evidence, since the crime happened over a decade ago.

Last edited:
I got some reports so I'm editing my post..

http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/rwb.nsf/db900sid/TBRL-75NQ2E?OpenDocument
http://www.fas.org/irp/world/indonesia/indonesia-1998.htm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/events/indonesia/special_report/118576.stm
http://www.esri.com/news/arcnews/fall01articles/may1998riot.html
http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/national/still-no-answers-or-peace-for-many-****-victims/374845
http://www.hrw.org/campaigns/indonesia/todo-ind.htm
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2009/05/12/eleven-years-after-may-riot-we-have-not-forgotten.html

Asian Human Rights Commission - Statement
INDONESIA: Five years after May 1998 rights, those responsible for the atrocities remain at large

PRESS RELEASE
Asian Legal Resource Centre -- ALRC
ALRC-PL-03-2003

Embargoed for Release:
Monday, 07 April, 2003
At: 02:00 GMT

For more information, please contact:

In Hong Kong, Sanjeewa Liyanage: +852-2698-6339
In Geneva, Tim Gill: +41-797-137308 (until 11 April 2003)
In Brussels, Timothy R. Gill: +32-473-359803 (after 11 April 2003)

Indonesia: Five years after May 1998 rights, those responsible for the atrocities remain at large

Mr. Timothy R. Gill of the Asian Legal Resource Centre (ALRC) made an oral intervention on behalf of the ALRC on 'Racially motivated riots in Indonesia in May 1998' at the 59th Session of the UN Commission on Human Rights under the Agenda Item 6: Racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and all forms of discrimination. This intervention was made on the 25 March 2003 and the full text of it can be found below.

----

Mr. Chairperson,

I speak on behalf of the Asian Legal Resource Centre.

In May 1998, thousands of Indonesian citizens were murdered and raped, and vast amounts of property destroyed during racist riots against the Chinese community in Jakarta. Five years later, those responsible for the atrocities remain at large.

The Joint Fact Finding Team established to inquire into the 1998 massacres found that there were serious and systematic human rights violations throughout Jakarta. The Team also found that rioters were encouraged by the absence of security forces, and that the military had played a role in the violence. The Team identified particular officials who should be held to account.

The Special Rapporteur on violence against women also visited Indonesia in 1998. She likewise concluded that massive sexual violence had been committed against the women of ethnic Chinese communities in Jakarta. She also pointed to evidence suggesting that the riots had been organized (E/CN.4/1999/68/Add.3, para. 45).

However, the Government of Indonesia has to date not seriously followed up on any of these findings. On the contrary, one commander implicated by the Joint Fact Finding Team has since been promoted to a senior position. Others have continued to hold their posts or move into different areas without fear of repercussions. The government has also rejected outright the detailed observations of the Special Rapporteur.

The Government of Indonesia has failed to act against the perpetrators of the May 1998 massacres because many of its officials operate within a climate of impunity. These people have no interest in seriously pursuing and prosecuting others responsible for human rights violations, as they themselves may be implicated in past events, and restricted in their future actions.

Clearly, the Government of Indonesia lacks the political will to act against those responsible for the riots of May 1998. Without international pressure, the guilty parties will continue to operate with impunity, and gross violations of human rights will continue unabated in Indonesia.

The Commission must address this situation. It must insist that the Government of Indonesia adopt the detailed recommendations of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women (E/CN.4/1999/68/Add.3, paras 111–124). It must insist that the Government of Indonesia permit further international investigation of the 1998 massacres. And it must condemn any failure to bring those responsible for this tragedy to justice. This is a matter of urgency not merely for the victims of 1998, but also current and future generations of Indonesians, who continue to live under the shadow of racially motivated violence and state impunity.

Thank you, Mr. Chairperson.

So the translation of that video was from some BS propaganda machine to mislead people.:angry::angry::angry:

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom