What's new

No wins for India in England

England v India 1st Test at London -Jul 21 -25,2011

India, who choose to field first

England 474/8 (131.4) & 269/6 (70.6) India RR 2.7

India 286/10 (95.5) & 261/10 (96.3)

England won by 196 runs

my bad..It was the 1st ODI that was abandoned.....

i know the gods were against India that day as they looked like getting a win in that one

BCCI XI got anal raped, Chennai Super Kings Zindabad.

Positives on this tour - Honorary Doctorate and Lt. Colonel rank in Army for Sir MS Dhoni, India unleashed 100mph pace bowler in Vinay Kumar, Sir Suresh Raina is looking good for future Indian capataincy job. Sir Harbhajan Singh will be roaring to go in Champions League for Mumbai Indians.

He is a good prospect. But what I don't understand why is it that Indian bowlers come with good pace and as they play for 1-2 years they start dropping their pace? Higher Wasim Akram as bowling coach and you'd see the results within 6 months. Just like Pakistan made Waqar the coach and he transformed Asif, Amir, Gul and most recently Wahab Riaz into deadly fast bowlers who could bowl over 140 kph any time and any day.

He is a good prospect. But what I don't understand why is it that Indian bowlers come with good pace and as they play for 1-2 years they start dropping their pace? Higher Wasim Akram as bowling coach and you'd see the results within 6 months. Just like Pakistan made Waqar the coach and he transformed Asif, Amir, Gul and most recently Wahab Riaz into deadly fast bowlers who could bowl over 140 kph any time and any day.

If Sharma had the right coach could be a world beater. Something wrong with the basic coaching with Indian cricket perhaps?

If Sharma had the right coach could be a world beater. Something wrong with the basic coaching with Indian cricket perhaps?

The only thing Sharma lacks IMHO is swing and seam which could be easily taught by pros like Wasim and Waqar.

Yes I think that too. They have wasted talent like Irfan Pathan by promoting him as an alrounder and made him concentrate on his batting at the cost of bowling. I remember when he first hit the scene, he could regularly cross 135 kph but later he turned into an medium slow bowler with only 120 kph or so.

The only thing Sharma lacks IMHO is swing and seam which could be easily taught by pros like Wasim and Waqar.

Yes I think that too. They have wasted the talent like Irfan Pathan by promoting him as an alrounder and made him concentrate on his batting at the cost of bowling. I remember when he first hit the scene, he could regularly cross 135 kph but later he turned into an medium slow bowler with only 120 kph or so.

I think perhaps the Indians would be offended in hiring a Pakistani?

I think perhaps the Indians would be offended in hiring a Pakistani?

I don't think so. Wasim Akram is probably the most famous Pakistani in India after Imran Khan and they are more comfortable with him. So they shouldn't have any problems but who knows?

I don't think so. Wasim Akram is probably the most famous Pakistani in India after Imran Khan and they are more comfortable with him. So they shouldn't have any problems but who knows?

He wanted to coach Pathan. He publicaly said he was a brilliant talent. He should have been the next Kapil Dev yaar.Don't know what happened to him

These idiots get too much money and it goes to their heads.. As they say, handling success is the most difficult job of all

These idiots get too much money and it goes to their heads.. As they say, handling success is the most difficult job of all

Could be one of many reasons. You know in Pakistan it has become an obsession to bowl fast. You will be amazed to know that even in the local clubs, if you can't bowl over 130-135 kph, you are not considered as a fast bowler and they will never let you lead the pace attack. You will be played as a 3rd or 4th bowler and that too if you have exceptional line and length with swing. I have played in local clubs and saw the coaching their. When a young kid comes, they give him a bowl and ask him to deliver it as fast as possible. If he is fast enough, they let him continue and coach him further. Otherwise he is shown the door.

I think in India its vice versa with batting.

I think it was a very successful tour. Indian beat three teams(Sussex, Kent and Leicestershire) and lost only to one team(England).

It was a successful tour. :)

Back
Top Bottom