What's new

No Pakistani TV channels in India

The issue has little to do with quality of programming or demand for channels, which has been the main topic of discussion on this thread. The reason for non availability of Pakistani channels in India is the Indian Government's

Policy Guidelines for Downlinking of Television Channels

According to the policy, no channel may be downlinked by any cable operator without that channel first being registered with the ministry of information and broadcasting.

In order to register a channel, an application must be made by an Indian company that owns such channel or has rights to distribute it in India. There are several other conditions that have to be complied with, additional ones for news channels.

The channel's application has to be then approved by the ministry.
In my opinion, the chances of a Pakistani channel being approved are slim. These are the same people who denied permission to Al Jazeera English for so many years on national security grounds and only allowed it last month!

Prior to this policy being enforced in 2005, Pakistani channels were broadcast in India, though much less after Kargil.
Cable operators regularly violate the policy in case of other channels. But do not take the risk for Pakistani channels, as the likelihood of complaints is higher.

1. So we were right that its Indian Govt that is stopping airing of Pakistani channels.

2. Even before 2005 , Only PTV used to be aired not by India itself but the transmitting of signals somehow used to be catched by TV antenas in bordering areas on the otherside along with Pakistani eastern border.

3. PTV transmission used to be accessasible along LoC on India side too through normal TV antenas.

4. That was the reason that older Indians still tell us about their fond memories of Classic Pakistani dramas including Tanhayan, Uncle Urfi and so on.

in the later years India had taken measures for blocking the transmissions.

same was the case with Indian Doordarshan as i remember when i was a kid we used to watch Indian programs through doordarshan transmitted through normal TV antena in areas of Punjab bordering India.

Will You Elaborate?What "Made in India" Products are You Talking About? Or Smuggling You Meant?:confused: If for eg if "horlicks noodles"(India) reached Pakistani Markets ,Then it Means There is Smuggling and Illegal selling.That's it.

You Meant the Uniliver,Glaxosmithkline etc like Non-Indian MNC's Products(and their India specific products launched in Pakistan?I can see "ENO" antacid in their site)?:undecided:

There is No Trade or Promotion of things in Pakistan via Indian Channels and if it Happened ,then it may be Purely Coincidental?(Except for Non Indian telebrands like B.C's)
pirated bollywood movies:cheesy:

AA...If you are defeted by logic than try rhetoric?
First you said that GoI is banning them, when I countered that assertion than you stooped low to satisfy your ego.
How many China channels are followed in PK? Or Say Afgani Channels? Irani?
Stooping low? I'm not the gutless wimp saying no to an opposing point of view. People who take away freedoms are the real jackasses.

How many China channels are followed in PK? Or Say Afgani Channels? Irani?
None are banned. There is some amount of demand for Chinese language channels in Islamabad and your argument is flawed since most Pakistanis can't speak Chinese but most Indians can understand Urdu.

In my prev msg I explained why for technical and practical reason PK channels are not aired in India.
Explain again.

If there is no buzz created for IPL would you know abt it? How many know that there were football and hockey league in India just like IPL? PPL know abt IPL because of all the buzz created around it.
Just to extend another point, IPL organizers were hated in Pakistan but were not banned despite a lot of people calling for bans.

Whenever any new product is launched, its the producer who is responsible to make sure that target audience is told about the product, educated abt the product. And they have to make sure that product is available in market for those who want to try it out.
Dude, there are packaged products like Pehla, Orbit, Star Select that air Pakistani channels.

I'm talking about NEWS. No one in India wants to hear what Pakistanis are reporting about them and internal Pakistan?

Its PK channel owner who are to be blamed, if any one to be blamed, for there incompetency to exploit the potential market.
They are already part of the various international broadcasting firms out there. If Indians are not buying them or the government is blocking them then the blame falls upon Indians.

Either you guys are oppressed by your government by taking away your freedoms, or you're a closed minded society that doesn't want to hear an opposing point of view. You choose which category you want to fit in.

Stooping low? I'm not the gutless wimp saying no to an opposing point of view. People who take away freedoms are the real jackasses.

None are banned. There is some amount of demand for Chinese language channels in Islamabad and your argument is flawed since most Pakistanis can't speak Chinese but most Indians can understand Urdu.
I also asked about Irani channels, Afghani Channels?
And are you sure about Urdu part? I am not. Some times when I see PK news channel online, There are lot of words that I don;t understand. And I am the one who has some (feeble) background of Urdu from my maternal side. For avg Indian, PK urdu might be diff language all together.
Explain again.
ITs post no 173.

Just to extend another point, IPL organizers were hated in Pakistan but were not banned despite a lot of people calling for bans.
Are you missing the point or trying to look other way purposely. How ppl in India know about PK channels.
Dude, there are packaged products like Pehla, Orbit, Star Select that air Pakistani channels.
What you mean by packaged product? Are they been marketed in India?
I'm talking about NEWS. No one in India wants to hear what Pakistanis are reporting about them and internal Pakistan?
They are already part of the various international broadcasting firms out there.
SO what should I say to my local cable guy? I want to watch PK news channel? If he ask which channel than? How do I know what PK news channels are there. I even don;t know all the Indian news channel.
If Indians are not buying them or the government is blocking them then the blame falls upon Indians.
Blame on Indian? Why? We don;t like, we don't buy. We have not been told by product, we don;t buy. Who is to blame. Person not buying or person producing\marketing the product.
Either you guys are oppressed by your government by taking away your freedoms, or you're a closed minded society that doesn't want to hear an opposing point of view. You choose which category you want to fit in.
Or maybe we are not than much interested in PK. Maybe PK is not on our priority list. You are giving yourself too much air. We(Avg. Indian) is not interested in PK.

And for ban by GoI, there is no directive by the GoI. You must be knowing that. Lot of members has clarified that. Still persisting with this line. Make me wonder. Why?

I also asked about Irani channels, Afghani Channels?
And are you sure about Urdu part? I am not. Some times when I see PK news channel online, There are lot of words that I don;t understand. And I am the one who has some (feeble) background of Urdu from my maternal side. For avg Indian, PK urdu might be diff language all together.

ITs post no 173.

Are you missing the point or trying to look other way purposely. How ppl in India know about PK channels.

What you mean by packaged product? Are they been marketed in India?

SO what should I say to my local cable guy? I want to watch PK news channel? If he ask which channel than? How do I know what PK news channels are there. I even don;t know all the Indian news channel.

Blame on Indian? Why? We don;t like, we don't buy. We have not been told by product, we don;t buy. Who is to blame. Person not buying or person producing\marketing the product.

Or maybe we are not than much interested in PK. Maybe PK is not on our priority list. You are giving yourself too much air. We(Avg. Indian) is not interested in PK.

And for ban by GoI, there is no directive by the GoI. You must be knowing that. Lot of members has clarified that. Still persisting with this line. Make me wonder. Why?

Man, if u average indans are not interested in Pk, then what are you doing here in this :pakistan: forum??

Go go do something where your interest lies.

Man, if u average indans are not interested in Pk, then what are you doing here in this :pakistan: forum??

Most of the Bharatiya are here,I think out of Curiosity to Know the Enemy and Some,May be having some ancestoral link with Pakistan before Partition- Again Curious* (Guess from some Indian Posts).:cheers:
--

we are here to clear your illusions in the mind,you also have a right to live in 2010 world:chilli:

Kashmir ban for Pakistan channels

Cable television operators in Indian-administered Kashmir say they have stopped broadcasting four Pakistani television channels.

They say they are acting on the orders of the Indian federal government.

State officials said the cable operators did not have the necessary permission to broadcast the channels, PTV, ARY, Aaj and Geo TV.

Reports say the ban is mainly affecting the summer capital, Srinagar, but not other parts of the area.

The main separatist alliance , the All-Party Hurriyat Conference, has criticised the government's decision.

Correspondents say people have been watching some of these channels for years and it is not clear why the authorities have now decided to stop them.

Pakistani television channels are popular with viewers in Indian-administered Kashmir and cable television is the main form of entertainment in the province.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Kashmir ban for Pakistan channels

we are here to clear your illusions in the mind,you also have a right to live in 2010 world:chilli:

India(n) fear pakistan. look at there media and films. they like to be pakistan phobic and thats what their govt also want.
no body realizes, especially peace loving elements in India that cultural diplomacy eases the tensions. TV channels are best way to understand the culture of other country.

we are not afraid thats why we see indian channels in Pakistan but people and govt on other side is afraid and dont want to de pressurize the masses

Simple. Becoz it suckks...

after what you watch in indian channels lol:rofl::rofl::rofl:, saas bahu dramas etc

be afraid of the day pakistani actors come to perform in bollywood, lots of indian jobs gonna be occupied

MY FOOT :pop:

thats famous among women who have got a lot of time to spare, are insecure

plus the burger perverted girls who a BF in their damn mind with boys & marriage the only things they think about

women with some sense give a damn about these 'dug,dag,bang,duzz' soaps

What do you watch?? WWF wrestling? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom