What's new

Why Pakistani News Channels become so 'Ghatiya', 'Censored', 'Liar Laffays', 'Morally Corrupt' & 'Haramkhors'

So a dear friend of mine (well connected, trustworthy) expressed to me that short of a miracle the experiment is over - that the country is on a pathway to implosion and degeneration of governance. He also stated that the lot at the top is lost completely. That their ideas are so "hair-brain" that he is scared when he listens to their ideas. He is also of the view that a cycle that began with Musharraf has accelerated. Some key takeaways:

1) After the political class, some within the armed forces (at high levels) are compromised (this is discussed in some circles) - counter intel is slowly being made toothless. ISI external wing is being clipped (very carefully), a process that began with Musharraf.
2) With Musharraf - came a centralization of control and power in the office of the COAS that essentially killed the army
3) JAG is dead
4) Their is a "loot-maar" of epic proportions
5) Army is not in a position to war fight with poor logistics, stores and maintenance (readiness reports are fudged) - however there are some units and war fighting formations that are still capable - but in general terms things are slowly falling apart
6) There are massive monetary scandals and corruption in the army led public outfits like FWO and a few others that are hemorrhaging and will need bail-outs (some have already been bailed out quietly). Basically some of these outfits are insolvent.
7) The plan is to build a single party system (akin to Chinese model) and there is no intention to turn back to an honest electoral democracy
8) There is a plan to sell government assets en-mass
9) The lot at the top is willing to deal with anyone to sell anything
10) There is likely a massive land grab - north of a million acres of land in Punjab
11) Insurgencies in Baluchistan and KP cannot be quelled and are likely to see an uptick
12) There are some quiet rumblings on SPD that I cannot discuss but very sad to see - this was historically a redline. Seems not so anymore
13) Interim government is likely to extend beyond 3 months - potentially longer with a likely extension
14) Chinese plundering raw materials at massive scale

The State has stopped functioning with all decisions centrally curated. Economic misery to increase, national assets disposed of at throwaway rates (with kickbacks). Inflation and food insecurity becoming staple for Pakistanis. Fuel shortages and power challenges getting worse. Businesses shuttering, people with means and education emigrating. Very bleak and sad outlook.

13) Interim government is likely to extend beyond 3 months - potentially longer with a likely extension

Not likely, 99% confirmed. I would bet a million dollars on this if I could.

5) Army is not in a position to war fight with poor logistics, stores and maintenance (readiness reports are fudged) - however there are some units and war fighting formations that are still capable - but in general terms things are slowly falling apart

Come on sir, army does not need to do war.

It's purpose as envisioned by our founding fathers was to do agriculture.

Mark my words, in 10 years from now we will be discussing how this short sighted project of agri ruined the small farmer in Pakistan and fckd him up.

These plans are discussed for years, their pros and cons, effects to the people, to the economy, to the industry.

They cannot be conjured up in one tea break over some chicken patties and gold leaf.

This culture of yes men is going to wreck us all. Aaj ka fauji koi opposing view point sun hi nhn sakta. Just kidnap a guy, shut him up, stop the news. Listen to the other view point you morons.

So a dear friend of mine (well connected, trustworthy) expressed to me that short of a miracle the experiment is over - that the country is on a pathway to implosion and degeneration of governance. He also stated that the lot at the top is lost completely. That their ideas are so "hair-brain" that he is scared when he listens to their ideas. He is also of the view that a cycle that began with Musharraf has accelerated. Some key takeaways:

1) After the political class, some within the armed forces (at high levels) are compromised (this is discussed in some circles) - counter intel is slowly being made toothless. ISI external wing is being clipped (very carefully), a process that began with Musharraf.
2) With Musharraf - came a centralization of control and power in the office of the COAS that essentially killed the army
3) JAG is dead
6) There are massive monetary scandals and corruption in the army led public outfits like FWO and a few others that are hemorrhaging and will need bail-outs (some have already been bailed out quietly). Basically some of these outfits are insolvent.
7) The plan is to build a single party system (akin to Chinese model) and there is no intention to turn back to an honest electoral democracy
10) There is likely a massive land grab - north of a million acres of land in Punjab
11) Insurgencies in Baluchistan and KP cannot be quelled and are likely to see an uptick
12) There are some quiet rumblings on SPD that I cannot discuss but very sad to see - this was historically a redline. Seems not so anymore

The State has stopped functioning with all decisions centrally curated. Economic misery to increase, national assets disposed of at throwaway rates (with kickbacks). Inflation and food insecurity becoming staple for Pakistanis. Fuel shortages and power challenges getting worse. Businesses shuttering, people with means and education emigrating. Very bleak and sad outlook.
What does #12 mean? Nuclear assets are at risk?

What does #12 mean? Nuclear assets are at risk?
Paraphrasing: (Only thing I'll say is when gov was initially sacked I heard from someone close to that outfit - he said the following)
"It is sad what is going on but no need to be concerned about our assets. If any ill eyes are put on them then they know they will be hell to pay". (said something else I am PGing it here).
Now the response is: "We don't know what is going on. Things are not good." Take whatever you can from this.

Paraphrasing: (Only thing I'll say is when gov was initially sacked I heard from someone close to that outfit - he said the following)
"It is sad what is going on but no need to be concerned about our assets. If any ill eyes are put on them then they know they will be hell to pay". (said something else I am PGing it here).
Now the response is: "We don't know what is going on. Things are not good." Take whatever you can from this.
This means shit has hit way past the fan

- Natural resources being essentially robbed by China

- Nuclear weapons under threat

- Economy essentially collapsed

- National assets being sold on unfavourable terms

- Top brass is compromised by hostile agencies

- insurgencies increasing in intensity with no push back

- army cannot fight a war due to logistic, maintenance and other issues

- army businesses have gone insolvent

What the **** is going on?

This means shit has hit way past the fan

- Natural resources being essentially robbed by China

- Nuclear weapons under threat

- Economy essentially collapsed

- National assets being sold on unfavourable terms

- Top brass is compromised by hostile agencies

- insurgencies increasing in intensity with no push back

- army cannot fight a war due to logistic, maintenance and other issues

- army businesses have gone insolvent

What the **** is going on?

If everything he is saying is true then I genuinely think we will see the collapse of Pakistan in our lifetime.

If everything he is saying is true then I genuinely think we will see the collapse of Pakistan in our lifetime.
Hard to say, more like it will continue to scrape by doing extremely poorly requiring constant bail outs indefinitely

Why Pakistani News Channels become so "Ghatiya", "Censored", "Liars", "Morally Corrupt" & "Haramkhors"

Pakistanis 25 Crore should boycott all News Channels, Anchors, and Journalists and only watch Dramas, Sports, any other TV than News Channels who have crossed all limits of manipulation, and total lie reporting.

News Channels have lost all moral standards of reporting. On twitter, Facebook everywhere these laffas should be exposed.

Look at the journalists and the cockroaches like slave reporters and anchors level nowadays only on Pakistan Media News Channels.

Journalism in News related channels is so pathetic, sellouts and disgusting, put ur discussion points here and expose the news channels of Pakistan inside and overseas where ever they are broadcasting lies after lies.
Don't burn your self. Relax !!!!!!!. No one watches these channels. I only watch food network :-)

My friend, i am one of these Pakistanis who are paying more than 35% income tax on salary. For past 4 years my take home is stagnate. University fees of my kids have sky rocketed. Yet don't lose it. :-) Saab theek ho jai ga.

Last edited:
Why Pakistani News Channels become so "Ghatiya", "Censored", "Liars", "Morally Corrupt" & "Haramkhors"

Pakistanis 25 Crore should boycott all News Channels, Anchors, and Journalists and only watch Dramas, Sports, any other TV than News Channels who have crossed all limits of manipulation, and total lie reporting.

News Channels have lost all moral standards of reporting. On twitter, Facebook everywhere these laffas should be exposed.

Look at the journalists and the cockroaches like slave reporters and anchors level nowadays only on Pakistan Media News Channels.

Journalism in News related channels is so pathetic, sellouts and disgusting, put ur discussion points here and expose the news channels of Pakistan inside and overseas where ever they are broadcasting lies after lies.
کسی گٹر میں کوئی نہیں پوچھتا کہ اندر کیڑے کیوں ہیں یا بدبو کیوں ہے۔ گٹر کا اصل مسئلہ گندا پانی اور لوگوں کا دھیان نہ ہونا ہے۔
جن لوگوں کو معاشرے کو ایک سمت دینی ہوتی ہے وہ عہدے راشیوں سے بھر گئے۔ جن لوگوں نے عوام کو رہنما دینے تھے وہ قومی سطح پر لوٹ کے منصوبے بنا رہے ہیں۔
پاکستان کا میڈیا تو بس ایک علامت سی ہے، یہاں کاروبار، تعلیم ، سیاست سب کا سب برباد ہے۔

پاکستان کو ایک ایسی تحریک کی ضرورت ہے جو پاکستان کو صاف کرے۔ جو پاکستان کے لوگوں کو سمت دے اور ہمیں منزل کی طرف گامزن کرے۔
ہمیں سیاسی نہیں اخلاقی تحریک کی ضرورت ہے۔

3) JAG is dead

Interesting analysis.. Coming few months will be very important then.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom