What's new

No Pakistani selected at IPL auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're taking the stance of IPL franchises on deliberate exclusion of Pak players on the bases of cost/benefit analysis based on chance of availability of players, then you have to ask how Shane Bond received the max amount of bidding totalling $750k yet he is most prone player to injuries as he gets injured 3/4 times a year or even more. His record speaks for it. And every time he's injured or something happens he goes off the field for a few weeks n sometimes even months.

Therefore how can you justify the decisions made by the BCCI/IPL using that argument when there's a delibrate and visible double standard present? how can they select players most prone to injuries yet deny other most healthy players?

Shane Bond is also one of the finest bowlers in the world. Fast bowlers are rare and good ones are just precious. Shane Bond will add a new dimension to KKR's attack and really help them catch up with other teams. Its only a month or two of a tournament and Shane Bonds coach has confirmed that he is quite fit. His recent performances including the ones against Pakistan has proved that he is as lethal as he was before. Thats why he has got the amount he deserved. No discrimination there in any way. If you actually look at his record, you can see that he is among the best in the world.

my 2 cents - if this happened immediatelly after 26/11 - it was understantable but I guess now the public anger has subsided. This should not have happened. Personally, as an Indian I wanted to see Pakistani players in IPL.

This is plain stupid.

Its upto Franchise to decide who would definitely like to have match winners in their team as its their money which is at stake.

IPL is purely about money I understand the players who did not get selected will be hurt as they would lose quick bucks. IPL was success purely due to Indian middle class market it has little to do with quality of cricket.
Yes it's up to Franchises to decide whom to pick but excluding all Pakistani players at once shows rather an organized ill intent across the border. It appears to be another direct attempt to isolate Pakistan at a crucial time, whether its deliberate or not from your end, its read differently in Pak and i hope you understand what I am saying.

Shane Bond is also one of the finest bowlers in the world. Fast bowlers are rare and good ones are just precious. Shane Bond will add a new dimension to KKR's attack and really help them catch up with other teams. Its only a month or two of a tournament and Shane Bonds coach has confirmed that he is quite fit. His recent performances including the ones against Pakistan has proved that he is as lethal as he was before. Thats why he has got the amount he deserved. No discrimination there in any way. If you actually look at his record, you can see that he is among the best in the world.
Pakistani players the likes of Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar and now youngster Aamer and Gul are far more celebrated players in the Sub continent than the kiwis.

Indian friends and masses love seeing these guys in action just like we love to see Sehwag and Tendulkar. And when your business and org's deny your own public from seeing all of the best Pak players perform in India citing financial fears, it does highlight an ill intent and discrimination. You simply cannot deny it. Factor in media statements highlighting how PCB has been making inroads with the BCCI to keep the flow of cricket alive despite of the political tensions.

No doubt about Bond's lethal capabilities as a fast bowler, on a side note hes my fav fast bowler.

Its amusing to see a country being hurt for non selection of its players especially when IPL has nothing to do with country. Its purely Indian tournament with allowing up-to 4 foreign players per franchise to add charm.

Why give so much of impotance to IPL ?

One should learn from British bowlers who rejected IPL only to play for their country :

DAWN.COM | Cricket | England players turn down IPL offers

I think 20/20 Should be banned by PCB , it harms our player's skills

Ever since we started playing 3 test matches instead of 5 test matches our quality has gone down hill

PCB should control the players only players who maintain

45+ average in test should be given visas to play abroad, perform for your country frist then go seek contracts in County / Australian Leagues

Playing in Australia is more rewarding then on dead pitches of India

Ever since we started playing 3 test matches instead of 5 test matches our quality has gone down hill

45+ average in test should be given visas to play abroad, perform for your country frist then go seek contracts in County / Australian Leagues

I smell something is burning, Some pakistani's Ego is heavily touched by not selecting them in IPL

:woot::woot::woot::rofl::rofl:

I think its the pakistani members who are emotional today on this thread. Which people have been saying its a joke.??
You don't get what I am saying, do you? Your response was emotional, and if you knew the simple meaning of someone talking emotional you wouldn't debate it. The people who have been saying it's a joke are pretty much most people from outside india.

Well, South African stadiums were all sold out last year..
Nope, from what I heard, they were half full for the most part. And that was probably the indian spectators. Not a good proportion of SAF spectators I bet.

Are you smoking pipes??... This revenue is comparable to that of ICC world Cup 2007. Also Broadcasters actually pay the IPL and not take money from IPL. They make money thru adviertisements and further sub letting of broadcasting to other broadcasting companies..

So your below average comment is actually a desparate attempt to belittle something of which you have no understanding or grasp..
ICC world cup 2007 was a farce. Compare it to ICC WT20 2007. That's a better comparison. And I bet anywhere near as much money is spent on organizing ICC World cup as on IPL. Also, by 2.4 I thought you included the advertisements and stuff. Regardless, 2.4 is not a great reading overall for a tournament that has so much money being spent on it.

So your childish comment is stuff you're assuming and not looking at things in the context (i.e. you don't have grasp of the stuff)

The point is not unrelated.. I was responding to you calling IPL a joke. The event you called joke generated more money than a country's export during the same period.

NBA and NFL, generate a revenue of 3.2 billion and 6 billion respectively over a 6 month period. India's six month export revenue is 88 billion dollars. Pl note I am not calling any of these events a joke and have utmost respect and admiration for the sports they represent despite no india player playing the same

I am absolutely sure. Pakistan's annual export revenue is $22 billion that translates to $2.1 billion for a 35 day period (duration of IPL)

Please understand, I am not trying to say pakistan's exports are less.. What I am saying is that the event you are calling a joke generates more revenue than a major country's export revenue for the same period

It's irrelevent because the contexts are totally different. It's an apples and oranges comparison. If IPL took 100 billion to organize and it generated 25 billion you'd say it made more than Pakistan made in whole year. But it would be a very poor reading nonetheless. It's totally irrelevent. You are comparing something that operates in a very different way to IPL revenue. 2.1 billion/month (and you do realize that exports are not uniform so it's very much possible it might be more during that period) is pretty good for Pakistan considering exports were only 10 billion a year only less than a decade ago. 2.4 billion vs 2.1 billion, if you compare the context one is an average reading, one is decent. You have to look at the context of the numbers.

I smell something is burning, Some pakistani's Ego is heavily touched by not selecting them in IPL

You're using personal attack as a way against a very real and plausible statement. Poor way of debating dude, poor way. Attack the statement with some real argument rather than personal attacks (i.e. ad hominem)

You're using personal attack as a way against a very real and plausible statement. Poor way of debating dude, poor way. Attack the statement with some real argument rather than personal attacks (i.e. ad hominem)

Look my statements in the first page of this topic.... And look at the pakistani statements calling us racist, wasnt that personal, or does that make u sound personal only when an Indian is saying that?

The first 2-4 pages are full of racist comments directed towards Indians. So Tit For tat is very much possible... cool down...

Look my statements in the first page of this topic.... And look at the pakistani statements calling us racist, wasnt that personal, or does that make u sound personal only when an Indian is saying that?

The first 2-4 pages are full of racist comments directed towards Indians. So Tit For tat is very much possible... cool down...

Racist isn't a personal attack always - in this context it's a criticism. Now I realize that it's not the right criticism, but regardless it is what it is. Also, if you want to make personal attacks against Pakistanis, BR is waiting for you with open arms. You can take a hike there - if you haven't already.

Racist isn't a personal attack always - in this context it's a criticism. Now I realize that it's not the right criticism, but regardless it is what it is. Also, if you want to make personal attacks against Pakistanis, BR is waiting for you with open arms. You can take a hike there - if you haven't already.

Thats a very partial statement you just made....

This is all bloody politics so i won't spend energy on discussing here. :tdown:

when i said politics in something, that mean everything. :flame:

my 2 cents - if this happened immediatelly after 26/11 - it was understantable but I guess now the public anger has subsided. This should not have happened. Personally, as an Indian I wanted to see Pakistani players in IPL.

This is plain stupid.

I don't know if you want to be nominated for the Nobel peace prize.

This attitude of us Indians have got us where we are. Can you walk up to the relatives of innocent people who died and say forgive and forget. Will you do if one of your near and dear ones was a victim? How many times since last sixty years have we been at the receiving end.

Why are we so apologetic of Pakistani players not being selected or are we being outright hypocrites to get some brownie points. You want to pay their players money and they will give 10 percent of the same to LET and others to kill our innocent civilians.

In spite of the all the bravado in their comments all can see the pain and anguish of the members form the other side. There is no other solution to this we have to expose their evil design and isolate them on all world forums as this is the only justified and peaceful and nonviolent reaction to their animosity. I am happy that this government is doing it very well with good results.

I don't know if you want to be nominated for the Nobel peace prize.

This attitude of us Indians have got us where we are. Can you walk up to the relatives of innocent people who died and say forgive and forget. Will you do if one of your near and dear ones was a victim? How many times since last sixty years have we been at the receiving end.

Why are we so apologetic of Pakistani players not being selected or are we being outright hypocrites to get some brownie points. You want to pay their players money and they will give 10 percent of the same to LET and others to kill our innocent civilians.

In spite of the all the bravado in their comments all can see the pain and anguish of the members form the other side. There is no other solution to this we have to expose their evil design and isolate them on all world forums as this is the only justified and peaceful and nonviolent reaction to their animosity. I am happy that this government is doing it very well with good results.

I get your point bro. But pray tell me how the exclusion of Pak players (even if we believe it was under GoI pressure) is going to help matters? If history between the two countries has taught us anything, it is that negativity hasn't really solved anything. If this has indeed happened under GoI pressure that its a step backwards on the road to peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom