What's new

No Pakistani selected at IPL auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why we are called softies and people across the border have illusions that one of them is equal to seven from our side. You can't talk peace with barbarians. They always see it as an act of weakness.

Vajpayee went to Lahore and poured his heart out within months we had Kargil. How many bright young officers of our Army were lost? What history are you talking about....tell me positives from the great history of last sixty years.

Infiltration in Kashmir, Fake currency, Bombings to destroy the business and tourist confidence in our country, Mumbai attack just a few to name. Now we have survived all this and prospered they want a piece of the cake. Many of us are bending to make it comfortable for them.

I am not asking for war but should politely show them the place they belong to in our scheme of things. It is high time we stop fearing their nuisance value.

Dude, all I am saying is that this isnt the way forward.

Tell you what, you talk about a hard line stance, our govt. is only able to take a hard line stance when populism matters. What happened during the Kandahar hijack? Did the govt. have the balls to affect an armed solution? No they just folded and met their demands. And the same people which we released are today lighting fires that we find hard to douse.

What happened after parliament attack and 26/11. Did we do any surgical strikes? And have things improved? Are we ready to prevent another 26/11 or even meet one effectively? If we are then wouldn't that be the ultimate tribute to the martyrs rather than excluding sportsmen?

And why stop at players them? Musicians, actors, poets businessman they should all be restricted. Dont you think?

Aggressive nature and hard line stances are all fine. But they should be used where they are required. Restricting Pakistani players was a cowardly act.

If you have studied history in school you would know that 60 years ago your ancestors too were known as these Hindoostanys. So please tone down the rhetoric.

no, they werent....

PCB was saved by bankruptcy by India's 2004-05 tour of Pakistan. So who needs whom?

you're talking out of your arse

Painting the entire country as Saffron fundamentalists? Then you wouldn't be mad if some Indian calls all Pakistanis as Islamic Jihadis?

basically, i couldnt care less about indians. It's good our players wont go. It's not their loss, the loss is india's. They look like fools.

that's the difference between you and us. We dont get as emotional as indians do, we never mix sport and politics that's a no-no.

This is why we are called softies and people across the border have illusions that one of them is equal to seven from our side. You can't talk peace with barbarians. They always see it as an act of weakness.

Vajpayee went to Lahore and poured his heart out within months we had Kargil. How many bright young officers of our Army were lost? What history are you talking about....tell me positives from the great history of last sixty years.

Infiltration in Kashmir, Fake currency, Bombings to destroy the business and tourist confidence in our country, Mumbai attack just a few to name. Now we have survived all this and prospered they want a piece of the cake. Many of us are bending to make it comfortable for them.

I am not asking for war but should politely show them the place they belong to in our scheme of things. It is high time we stop fearing their nuisance value.

Mister,

I think it is about time that you wore out your welcome. I believe that we should send you packing.

no, they werent....

Yeah they were called Pakistanis because Pakistan has been in existence for hundreds of years!
Exhibit 1- Saare Jahan se Accha Hindoostan Hamara.....By Allama Iqbal

you're talking out of your arse

Thank you for your insightful comments dear Think Tank member. I am sure that comments like these are the premier qualifying criteria for becoming a Think Tank member of this forum. But back to the topic, refer to-
Exhibit2-Pakistan Cricket faces Bankruptcy Pakistan Cricket faces Bankruptcy | India.com

basically, i couldnt care less about indians. It's good our players wont go. It's not their loss, the loss is india's. They look like fools.

Only the next few months will decide that. But going by the previous edition, the watching public didn't give two hoots about Pakistanis participation and nor did the other participating players abd their respective nations.

that's the difference between you and us. We dont get as emotional as indians do, we never mix sport and politics that's a no-no.

Sure, I wonder why so many Pakistani members on this thread have posted emotionally charged posts then? And what about your last post? Was it written in non-emotional mind frame?

The bitter truth is, and I didnt want to say it but you forced my hand, the WORLD doesn't give two hoots about Pakistan participating in cricket anymore. Not after what happened to poor SL players. That's why you guys lost rights to matches in the 2011 world cup. And thats why nobody is willing to play you in your country.

these hindoostanys are really something else....anyways --it's not as if its a loss for Pakistan OR the players. It's indian who in the past were always begging for our players....they let politics mix with sport, shows who is the biggest loser here.

funny thing is, Australians are bashing the hell out of indians much more than any Pakistani has lately --yet they still place bid for mr ponting.

strange realities........but then again, dissecting and diagnosing saffron psyche and mentality can be an arduous task!

If you and your players are aware of saffron psyche than why the hell you want them to be a part of IPL; why they want to play in IPL… just for $$$$$$

Tell them to be a part of domestic cricket in Pakistan instead playing in front of crowd with saffron psyche. Tell them to change their eagerness for Indian money and involve them to revive your dying cricket.

Now come to Australians’ issue, when Bal Thakrey said that we won’t allow Australians to play in India their was a huge cry on PDF, why? Didn’t you know at that time that Indians are facing tough time in Australia because of their race?

$$$ from India for Cricketers. If not provided, a huge :cry: of racism, saffron psyche, politics… and the list goes on…

I am sure all those IPL bashers would be taking a day off from work to watch these matches. Most of them could have even placed their bets on some players. Now that I think about it, maybe thats the reason why some of them sound so furious on this forum, maybe they lost their money by betting on pakistani players in the IPL. :lol:

Hi,

I would request the indian members to still respect the forum even though they may not like the flag that is flying over it---.

These 'reap and sow' type of comments should stop---enough have been said about it---.

26/11---is a he said---she said kind of an issue at this stage---there are no winners on either side. So, please refrain from making comments that would flame the thread.

Compared to what I have seen some senior Pakistani members getting away with, this post is nothing.

Hi,

If I was standing in your house, I wouldn't be so open---I would show some discretion---.

Hi,

I would request the indian members to still respect the forum even though they may not like the flag that is flying over it---.

These 'reap and sow' type of comments should stop---enough have been said about it---.

26/11---is a he said---she said kind of an issue at this stage---there are no winners on either side. So, please refrain from making comments that would flame the thread.

Agreed. 26/11 shouldn't be brought into it. Its an emotionally charged issue and good to see you asking people to show restraint.

But just one thing, how about asking Pakistani members not to bring in Saffron/Hindu fundamentalist topics into the discussion? Don't you think its fair to request restraint on both sides?

Yeah they were called Pakistanis because Pakistan has been in existence for hundreds of years!

none of my ancestors moved during partition....they were already here. And they never would call themselves 'hindoostany'

baseless article......no truth in it whatsoever

And what about your last post? Was it written in non-emotional mind frame?

yes.....if indians didnt want our players, so be it! In the past, they are always wanting our players. It is no loss to Pakistan at all.

The bitter truth is, and I didnt want to say it but you forced my hand, the WORLD doesn't give two hoots about Pakistan participating in cricket anymore. Not after what happened to poor SL players.

Despite our less than even satisfactory performance during the 3 tests, I would say there was quite a viewership. We won the T-20 World Championship, anybody who is a proper fan of cricket watched and "gave a hoot"

as for SL --what happened was awful. We know who the culprits are. So do the Lankans. Despite the incident (which we will never forgive, because Pakistanis take HUGE pride in our culture of hospitality towards our guests) ---Sri Lankans said they have no reservations about coming back here to play.......that is because they are strong people, and don't whine and cry over an out-dated incident which nobody cares or wants to hear about anymore (26/11 :lazy:).

That's why you guys lost rights to matches in the 2011 world cup. And thats why nobody is willing to play you in your country.

lost match rights? We just handle our games in UAE or New Zealand. We still get the loyalties and broadcast rights. But obviously Pakistan suffers a lot of lost revenue from not having games on its soil.

It wont ALWAYS be like that. For now it is, and its unfortunate. But if i were you, I would worry about yourselves first. It seems that you bring politics and emotions even into sport. All kinds of syndromes and mental/physical disorders existing within bharaty GPS coordinates.

Playing for South Australia was highly rewarding: Afridi

While Pakistan were busy making a meal of the Test series in Australia, in the same country Shahid Afridi has been dining out royally — on both the cricket and local hospitality.

Afridi has turned on the style for unfancied South Australia in the domestic Twenty20s, launching them into the Champions League and an unexpected home final after winning the group. He was Man of the Match in his first two games, including an opening haul of 4-19, and he ended with 7 wickets at 6.16 and a batting strike-rate of 145.45.

In the grip of a heat wave, Adelaide has caught Afridi fever. Home games have sold out and he has been swamped at practice with dining invitations from the local community, which have included lavish 10-course meals at strangers’ homes.

When out and about relaxing, however, the public have otherwise only offered him the occasional nod, wave or handshake upon recognition. Used to being mobbed in Pakistan, India and England, for Afridi it is a change to be able to sit in a cafe or buy his favourite Armani gear in peace.

He is sharing a city penthouse with his manager Umran Khan and West Indies’ Kieron Pollard, the state’s other overseas player, and when not eating out in style, the trio engage in fierce Halal cooking competitions at home.

“Kieron burned the toast so we told him to stop, but Shahid makes a very nice lamb ribs dish,” reveals Umran, who also notes that DVD nights are popular: “Shahid was in hysterics after watching The Hangover.”

However, Afridi makes sure to keep up his strict training regime and he tells of his addiction while sitting relaxed on the Adelaide Oval grass after a net session in the heat. “Every day I do training,” he says. “Sometimes at midnight I train, sometimes 4.30 in the morning as well. It’s my drug!” He laughs, then is suddenly urgent. “I love to be fit and fitness is a good thing. If you’re playing, or not playing, training is always good to keep you young.’’

When at home his gym sessions fit around his family commitments with his wife and four daughters, aged three months to eight years old. The girls tune in to watch him bat but massage his ego they do not. “They are always making noises at home. [They’ll say] that ‘Boom Boom is playing... and he’s out!’” He laughs hard. “I say ‘Oh, thank you!’”

It’s a soft blow to his rockstar image, although he looks surprised at the very idea. For Afridi has mellowed in cricket and in life, hasn’t he? “I used to be a party boy, before my marriage in 2000. Since then I’ve been trying to be a good Muslim and a good boy,” he winks. Indeed, the interview was pushed back 90 minutes for Afridi to say Friday prayers at the Adelaide Mosque, the city’s largest.

But why, having said ‘Yes, no, wait, sorry’ to Tasmania, and having missed the final of the Quaid-E-Azam trophy, did Afridi choose to play for South Australia? “I didn’t play any four-day cricket at home because I was not in the Test squad and […] my father was not feeling well so I stayed at home to do my training. It was my wish to come and play in Australia’s domestic season.

“Playing here is totally different compared to the subcontinent — the pitches are very good and the domestic cricket is quite professional so I am very happy to be with these guys. They really train well and they really work hard. The cricket is like a religion here, the players are really very professional.”

The domestic fielding may not be up to his highest standards – he himself has dropped catches — but he is always impressed with Australia, who he judges the best in the world. When he links up with the Pakistan team he will reiterate his simple recipe for fielding success: “I always say to my guys: ‘If we enjoy in the field then we will improve. If we feel bored and are not taking it seriously then we will not be good fielders.’

“I think a few of the guys are not enjoying themselves. If everyone enjoys being in the field, automatically they will be good fielders.”

Afridi’s choice to play limited overs rather than first-class cricket may have had a bearing on Mohammad Yousuf’s recent warning that Twenty20 “will destroy Pakistan cricket.” Afridi shrugs off the suggestion. “Pakistan is not only playing Twenty20,” he points out. “All other teams are playing as well.”

He would still play Test cricket if asked — “Why not? I always think positive” — but he further notes the opportunity for young players to make their mark at that level. “Pakistan needs players in the Test squad who have a very good temperament, selected from the youngsters who have a temperament like Mohammad Yousuf and Younis Khan. We need these two or three players in the Test squad.”

He is all for giving opportunities where possible. Even the World Twenty20 squad, despite its recent triumph, is not set in stone. “As a captain I have some players in my mind,” Afridi says. “Some of the guys really performed well in the domestic season so maybe I will see these guys as well. We’ll choose the best 15 or 16 (from an upcoming camp, along with the selectors).”

Looking ahead to the World Twenty20 in the Caribbean in May, Afridi finds no pressure in being the holders; rather the reverse. “We feel more confident so this is a good thing,” he says. “We will go with a good, positive attitude.”

Such an attitude sees him through every situation, even during the constant sadness of playing away from Pakistan. “The people are really missing us playing in Pakistan, but we are playing in Dubai and it’s like a home for us as well and a lot of spectators are coming from Pakistan to see us play these games. So, we are definitely missing playing in Pakistan but one day, Inshallah, it will come.”

When it happens, Afridi would like better home surfaces. “I keep telling the PCB we should go for good pitches, pitches like South Africa and Australia, so when we come to Australia our batsmen will never struggle.”

Mental battles are another matter, of course, as witnessed in the second Test in particular. But Afridi’s return to the squad for the five-ODI series starting in Brisbane on January 22 could lift very well lift them.

Discussing Younis Khan’s controversial departure from the captaincy is off-limits, but Afridi notes how much he enjoys being Yousuf’s deputy. “He’s very balanced with everyone, very equal, and that’s what I like in him.”

As his focus turns to international cricket, South Australia are preparing to do without him in the final but hope to welcome him again in the Champions League. Afridi will play if possible, and would enjoy it just as he intends to make the most of his international return this Friday.

Pakistan fans may not be surprised to hear it, but Afridi has confirmed in Adelaide that his appetite for cricket, and for life, is as big as ever.

Hi,

Mastan be a man and reason it out.

This is your house and if you were expecting cheerleaders ...sorry I am not one.

I have all the due respect for Pakistan the flag and the country like that of any other country.

If you think hearing truth is difficult then buddy go ahead and take any action that you consider right but it will not change the truth.

Thanks for letting me part of the forum all this while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom