What's new

No one can dare divide Sindh, Kamal tells people of Larkana

Here's one way of explaining: Muhajirs are to Sindhis what Israelis are to Palestinians.
I dont think so as an outsider. Post partition Muhajirs left their homes , wealth behind in search of their new home in Pakistan. Similarly with the Hindu Sindhis , Sikhs that came to India.

I want to ask one question , what is the actual meaning of the word Muhajir? And why is it still used?

Closest in English would be Immigrant.

Its an Islamic term/word. A Muhajir is a person who does Hijrat(immigrates) in the name of Islam. Prophet was a Muhajir too as he did Hijrat from Makkah to Madina when situation became difficult there and people of Madina welcomed him with open arms. People of Madina were called 'Ansar' aka hosts.

Muhajir per se is not a bad word, infact, it is good word and throughout in history for centuries people have proudly called themselves as Muhajirs.

Now, coming to Pak, Muhajirs here are the people who immigrated from India to Pak. Their grand kids sometimes call themselves Mohajirs when technically they are not(their grand parents were). Some/many don't refer to themselves as Muhajirs. Same thing goes from Non Muhajirs to Muhajirs. The other name for them is Urdu speakers which is most commonly used. Though, not all the people who immigrated classify Urdu as their first language, for example, Memons etc.

Evil GM Syed. Just like that hate-monger Nelson Mandela who fought for the rights original South African Blacks instead of White immigrants.

G M Syed is nobody outside Sindh. Heck he is a nobody in Khi and Hyderabad.
Nelson Mandela has its own league.

He famously said about the Muhajirs and I quote, "You have already left India, the only other place of refuge for you maybe the Arabian Sea."

I am glad , despite all the faults MQM had , it taught muhajirs how to stand on their own feet and give beating to those who cast evil eyes on them.

Just one question to OP, how many seats Kamal has won so far in karachi?

This is what happening low value party given higher priority.
lower education people getting higher post (Sindhi got jobs in karachi even they are matric failed)

Yeah People of karachi will keep feeding whole Pakistan and they will enjoy on our money but they will not give what's it takes to make karachi great city.

Closest in English would be Immigrant.

Its an Islamic term/word. A Muhajir is a person who does Hijrat(immigrates) in the name of Islam. Prophet was a Muhajir too as he did Hijrat from Makkah to Madina when situation became difficult there and people of Madina welcomed him with open arms. People of Madina were called 'Ansar' aka hosts.

Muhajir per se is not a bad word, infact, it is good word and throughout in history for centuries people have proudly called themselves as Muhajirs.

Now, coming to Pak, Muhajirs here are the people who immigrated from India to Pak. Their grand kids sometimes call themselves Mohajirs when technically they are not(their grand parents were). Some/many don't refer to themselves as Muhajirs. Same thing goes from Non Muhajirs to Muhajirs. The other name for them is Urdu speakers which is most commonly used. Though, not all the people who immigrated classify Urdu as their first language, for example, Memons etc.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Didnt know its actual meaning.

Here's one way of explaining: Muhajirs are to Sindhis what Israelis are to Palestinians.
Karachi was never a part of sindh.

You can say all childish thing you want as i have been observing the thread including one of your comment above “If Urdu speaking accept sindhis as their own... Sindhis would do the same”,
That’s stupid of you and i guess you aren’t familiar with sindhis.

Problem with sindh and karachi is not sindhi qaum or urdu speaking rather those high influence sindhi waderas and their nepotism streak, trying to drive away all other people from karachi in departments and i am not speaking on behalf of urdu speaking, nope, i am speaking for all those residing in karachi be it sindhis, karachiites, balochis or punjab/kpkians among whom qualified people are done wrong...

I dont think so as an outsider. Post partition Muhajirs left their homes , wealth behind in search of their new home in Pakistan. Similarly with the Hindu Sindhis , Sikhs that came to India.

The Sindhis who left for India fluently speak, read and write the language of the states they settled in. I've seen Gujrati-speaking Sindhis, Tamil-speaking Sindhis etc. While Indian migrants in Sindh avoid Sindhi like it's the language of sub-humans.

The Sindhis who left for India fluently speak, read and write the language of the states they settled in. I've seen Gujrati-speaking Sindhis, Tamil-speaking Sindhis etc. While Indian migrants in Sindh avoid Sindhi like it's the language of sub-humans.
I dont know about internal matters of Pakistan as an outsider i cant comment. But all my Sindhi friends speak Sindhi. A town called Ulhasnagar near Mumbai was specifically built for Sindhi migrants from Pakistan. Sindhi is also an official language recognised by Indian constitution.
The language tussle is similar in India as well. Hindi vs non Hindi , Hindi vs Tamil. Marathi vs Gujrati. Thats why India doesnt have any single official language instead we have 22 official languages recognised in Indian constitution. This can be good solution for Pakistan as well.

Ethnic words are not used. Provinces or regional areas are used like in Jobs
Thats very nice that ethnicity isnt used......

Just like whites developed America who were immigrants.
Just like that Muhajirs are/will developing/develop Sindh and Pakistan.
Yeah before arrival of Muhajirs native use to eat grass,hunt wild animals and wear their skin as attire.

I am glad , despite all the faults MQM had , it taught muhajirs how to stand on their own feet and give beating to those who cast evil eyes on them.
Does burning poor labourers in Baldia Town also counts as teaching?

Back
Top Bottom