What's new

No Nuclear Limit: China

how are they not credible? maybe the J-20 doesn't even exist, maybe China isn't building aircraft carriers, maybe Vietnam was never a vassal of China, maybe China doesn't even have any high speed rails and the "high speed" train people are riding is actually just a regular train that goes very very fast, or maybe you're just a
2ywcn10.jpg
We are talking about claims of Chinese weaponry. Not established historical facts. Plus the amount of Photochopped crap posted here by you Chinese boys. That picture is more applicable to you for not getting it.

We are talking about claims of Chinese weaponry. Not established historical facts. Plus the amount of Photochopped crap posted here by you Chinese boys. That picture is more applicable to you for not getting it.

ok then, let see some of your evidence (regarding their so called claims and your evidence dismissing them). no proof? tough doody!:lol:

Chinese law written in Chinese language, how dare they! I've already provided the entire law with source, and I've even highlighted the aritcle number. Yet you are still throwing excuses around. But since I have such a soft spot for the borderline retarded, I did this for you:

第十八条 义务兵服现役的期限:陆军三年;海军、空军四年
Article 18 Conscription service term limit: Army 3 years; navy, airforce 4 years
ÖлªÈËÃñ¹²ºÍ¹ú±øÒÛ·¨¡¾1984-05-31¡¿
I got something better for the readers...

pla_conscripts_active.jpg

In the US military, the non-NCOs are all volunteers. For China, they are conscripts while the NCOs are volunteers. But in reality, the majority of the NCOs are conscripts because that was how they entered into service. They only decided to remain after their conscription time of service is up.

Let's see, one way requires to fill out information on a piece of paper. The other requires you to go in front of recruiter to fill it out along with basic medical check. Yet the latter = serving at the leisure of the governent?
Absolutely. You need to understand the proper contexts of the words 'leisure' or 'convenience' or 'pleasure'. For example, here is what Colin Powell said about his service to the President...

Officials: Powell not expected in second Bush term - CNN
"I don't know what they are talking about," Powell said. "I serve at the pleasure of the president. The president and I have not discussed anything other than my continuing to do my job for him, and this is just one of those stories that emerge in Washington that reflects nothing more than gossip, and the gossip leads to a rash of speculation about who might fill a vacancy that does not exist."
So when a person is called by a conscription policy to present himself for selection, the selection process mean the person's service is at the government's leisure or convenience or pleasure. The government chose him to serve or not.

Your "no pressure" Selective Service Registration:

"Registration is the law. A man who fails to register may, if prosecuted and convicted, face a fine of up to $250,000 and/or a prison term of up to five years."
Selective Service System: Fast Facts
So what if registration is the law? Do you know how many people have been prosecuted for not registering?

counter-recruitment: Selective Service System prosecutions
I received the following response from the Selective Service System:

There have only been 20 cases since Selective Service came out of deep standby in the spring of 1980. The Government won them all as of the mid 1980s: 15 were convicted and the other 5 registered while their case was going to court.

DOJ confirmed that its policy of not prosecuting non-registrants remains in effect. It is based upon the belief that it would serve no good public purpose to prosecute now because:

U.S. Attorneys are overburdened with higher priority cases; resources are limited.

There will be no draft for the foreseeable future.

Selective Service enjoys relatively high registration compliance.

Most non-registrants are not willfully or knowingly failing to register.

Non-registrants already face the "punishment" of denied government benefits/programs.
In the 30 years passed, only 15 convictions and at the very worst, a non-registrant will receive no government benefits -- such as student loans or government jobs -- as a negative side effect.

Nope, no one being forced at all ~ :lol:
Nope...No one is compelled to serve in the US military. Unlike China.

Pure speculation on your part. The new NCO rank structure system allows people with technical certificates/diplomas/degrees to become a junior NCO upon entry, bypassing having to serve the three year (soon two) term for those without. In addition, there is a possible 300 thousand force cut later this year. Guess which group gets on the chopping block?
What 'speculation' on my part? Do you even think before you comment? While awarding ranks ahead of others for possessing certain academic degrees or technical certifications is not unusual, even the US military does it, the military also know that process will contribute to an imbalance among all ranks, and as long as the benefits outweighs the negatives, the military will live and deal with the consequences. This gross imbalance of %50 NCOs force wide is what militaries the world over have found to be detrimental no matter the education level. Sounds to me like you have never worked in a large organization and is clueless about manpower issues.

NCOs and officers both provide leadership to the enlisted.
Really...??? Now...If you have any clue about the military, you would know that the 'enlisted' ranks INCLUDES the NCO corps.

I believe that sentence explicitly stated NCO corps does not include officers. You arrived at that retarded conclusion of yours because you wanted to. Its meaning would not have escaped any person with the slightest hint of intelligence.
Let us take a look at that sentence again...

The number of NCO in the military in 2007 made up roughly half the military enlisted, not counting officers.
Anyone who served would know that the enlisted ranks does not include the commissioned officers. So the entire sentence is redundant and is a hint to the speaker's cluelessness.

There is a conscription policy, but it is not currently being practiced. It is no more conscriptive than your Selective Service Registration.
Wrong...It is more 'conscriptive' in that it compelled the person to appear IN PERSON and if the person is selected, he has no choice. So what if the government may be generous for whatever reasons and accept his objection to service? If the government refused to accept, what recourse does he has other than medical reasons? None. I worked with many Chinese engineers in a daily on/off basis. They are in the US under work visas. Some have been here for over 15 yrs. Some are considering US citizenship. Some were compelled to serve their TWO YEARS and their recollections were that they were not even allowed to object. Some were glad to be rejected for legitimate medical reasons. Some tried to fake medical reasons and were threatened with prosecutions before they were rejected anyway for other reasons. Some wanted to serve but were rejected for medical reasons. So do not try to deceive the readers by telling them that China does not practice military conscription.

In 2007, the ratio of NCOs to "conscripts" were 1:1 amongst the non-commissioned ranks. That was more than 3 years ago. Educational level of new recruits and military education system have been steadily improving. That says an increasingly sophisticated force, not some filler material.
First...The proper phrasing should be 'the ratio of NCOs to non-NCOs', not to 'conscripts'. A 'conscript' can still change his mind and remain in service and achieved NCO rank, but that does not change the HOW of his start of service. Second...The education level argument is a filler material. There is a saying in America...

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians - Idiom Definition - UsingEnglish.com
Idiom Definitions for 'Too many chiefs and not enough Indians'

When there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians, there are two many managers and not enough workers to work efficiently.
An NCO is supposed to be a leader but what good are his education and leadership skills if there is no one to train and to pass on his bit of institutional knowledge? An engineering dept is loaded with university degrees but should not be loaded with supervisors and managers, do you agree? If it is true that the PLA force wide is loaded with NCOs to the tune of %50, then the PLA is heading down a dangerous path to being like that of the Soviets, and we all know what happened to the Soviets, do we?

What you dismissed as 'pure speculation', meaning an imbalance between the NCOs and the lower enlisted ranks, are not speculations but reality experienced by every professional militaries in the world. The USAF recognized this peril a long time ago...

History of Air Force Enlisted Insignia (Rank)
19 MARCH 1991 - General Merril McPeak, Chief of Staff of the Air Force, announced the termination of the E-4 NCO (Sergeant) status, effective 2 May 1991. In place since October 1967, the removal of NCO status for E-4s was due to a number of reasons. Officials cited that with fewer enlisted accessions (due to the mandated drawdown of personnel ordered by the U.S. Congress) ratio between NCOs and Airmen was off balance. Seventy-seven percent of the enlisted force were NCOs, with the E-4 Sergeants accounted for 28 percent of the NCO corps. Yet less than half of them were in positions of responsibility. By dropping NCO status of E-4s, General McPeak believed the Air Force would have a better ratio of NCOs to Airmen. Those in the rank of E-4 Sergeant would continue in that capacit~ until promoted to Staff Sergeant or separated from the Air Force. 3 This action brought Staff Sergeants back as the first level NCO grade as it had been in 1952 through 1967. In addition, a reduction of E-4 Sergeants would reduce the NCO strength of the enlisted force to 52 percent.
The US Congress mandated a reduction of the US military. One method is to reduce recruitment quota. Another is make it more difficult to attain higher ranks and let the normal attrition process runs its course. But the inevitable result is a gross imbalance between 'chiefs' and 'indians' and the potential of a lower quality force increases. The PLA is undergoing the same reduction and suffering the same problems. A conscription policy does not help when the short time in service can only minimally prepare the person for the more simple duties. What saved not just the USAF but the entire US military is that it is a true all volunteer force that works hard to recruit -- not compel -- a person into service for at least four years.

Your 'pure speculation' charge would be valid only if I cannot support my argument. But in this case, not only can I support my argument, I did it with my own military when it confronted the same problems. A 1:1 ratio between NCOs and the lower enlisted ranks is never and has never been a good thing. This is what make you Chinese boys so entertaining to watch, especially when you are confronted with evidences that you cannot deny but too mule-headed to admit you are wrong.

The US Army Advantage: A Professional, All-Volunteer Force - CGSC Student Blog
As the 34th CSA, General Eric K. Shinseki stated: “Soldiering is an affair of the heart.” In other words, it is precisely the proclivity to serve that gives our Army an overwhelming advantage in combat. No matter how well-intentioned, I do not believe that any form of conscription can possibly match that advantage.

--Major Jack Sander, CGSC Class 10-01, SG 11
If a person volunteer even though the country has a conscription policy, then he is not a 'conscript' but a volunteer. However, a true 'conscript' is one who was never given that option to exercise his proclitivity to serve and so his motivation and enthusiasm will always be in doubt from day one. There is little or no trust of him from his superiors. The shorter the time of service obligation, the less the ability and the desire to give the conscript training to make him a leader and/or a more technically sophisticated soldier. Even for the infantry, a two-year time of service is not enough to make the soldier any good beyond pulling guard duty, let alone aspiring to something like the PLA's equivalents of the US Army Rangers or the US Navy's SEALs.

Assume what you say is true that the PLA recruit NCOs instead of raising them from the ranks, how does that make such a person a true leader when from one day the man was a 'nobody' and the next day he is given some stripes and authority to order other men to their deaths? I doubt that for all your defense of the PLA's policy here, you would be willing to follow this 'leader' into combat or even out to the flightline to start up a jet. You would be less willing if you are an unwilling conscript with less than one year to go before you are free from that sentence. But then again, because I was a volunteer, meaning a person with a 'proclivity to serve' and did served for 10-yrs, I would never know how an unwilling conscript feel upon looking at a sergeant who I know never worked to earn those stripes, authority, and respect. And the Chinese boys here would never know either.

The unit, base upon the person's performance, decide if a future contract is extended to the solider upon the end of his service terms. There is no one forcing him to take the contract. Keep up the comedy act.

Performance not impressive in PLA = no retention by the unit. It's not up to you to decide if you can stay or not, get it? If not, flip open a grade 5 english text and start learning.
Indeed watching you dance around the fact that you do not know what you are talking about is entertaining. Regarding the military, the word 'retention' is not as simplistic as you understood. Retention is about the rate of turnover regardless of HOW the military create that rate. The best type of the 'how' of retention is voluntary, meaning a low turnover because of low separation. The worst is from denial, meaning when the military refused to let those who completed their obligation to separate. So...What the PLA is doing is nothing new, the expulsion of low performers is common and necessary no matter how high or low is the bar. But regardless of type of military service, voluntary or conscription, the first term retention rate is a good indicator of a sustaining high quality force. You want people with a 'proclivity to serve' to remain and to provide for them well to strengthen that desire to serve. You have a limited understanding of the word 'retention' in this subject.

Who can be retrained and integrated quicker in case of war? Former soldiers or civies?
There are limits and every military leader knows what they are: time, age, experience, technology, training, and accessibility to them. The last part does not mean access to training or technology but to the reservists themselves.

You graduate from high school and gets a notification letter to appear. You go the the recruiter, and does not like the condition or pay in the military so you declined. That was the end of your military career with PLA. You will never be contacted again unless WWIII starts. You are free to pursue post-secondary education or get a job in the private market.

Yeah sounds like a horrible slavery system. Those poor unwilling conscripts being forced out of their lives.
What happens if your objection is denied? Stop tap dancing around the issue. What happens if your objections are not considered? Am not talking about if you can prove that you are the only son and both your parents are on their death beds. It would be eminently humane to let this person go home. But...What about all those who were inducted? Do you really think none have any objections?

Since I spend a good 3 months a year in China and have several relatives serving in different branches of PLA, I think you should keep that ignorant crap to yourself.
Were they volunteers or were they conscripted? Do they know anyone, directly or indirectly, who were conscripted? But no matter what, unless YOU actually served, you are ignorant.

Again, you've diplayed reading comprehension skills on par with a 5 years old. As if that isn't enough, you kept on inventing ideas in your head and attempt to misrepresent those as mine. Outstanding NCOs are approached by their immediate superiors if there was a spot in officer academies. In no way is the process automatic like that wild claim of yours.
Utter BS. I repeatedly said 'Professional Military Education' (PME) as that they should be automatic, not that being commissioned is automatic. I said that for US, PME is automatic in that they are mandatory, whether the person, enlisted or officer, is outstanding or not.

First you claim that continuing education is optional for NCOs, because you've somehow got the idea that only NCOs being sent to military academies do. When I told you that NCOs have seperate schools for further training than officers, you again invented some gibberish idea that somehow I equate university level course with military education. News flash dumbo, this is all coming out of your head.
News flash, idiot, here are YOUR words...

They would be given further training, as well as increased pay that normally exceeds local jobs. Some NCOs are even sent to military academies and commissioned as officers later.
The usual requirement for a commission is at least a university degree. As the highlighted, the implication here is that an 'academy' is the equivalent of a university. The PLA's leadership is not stupid and it looks like am giving them far more credit in their wisdom than you do. Regardless of whatever the term is used, the PLA does have 'academies' for their NCOs if the desire is to have a more professional NCO corps. Perhaps you mean: Some NCOs are even sent to military academies OR commissioned as officers later.? Because for those of us who served, that would mean there are distinct higher education levels for the PLA's NCO corps to increase their professionalism OR the PLA, like other professional militaries in the world, does have commissioned officers who came from the enlisted ranks.

Wait so you put out some false label and I am suppose to be happy I'm "excused" from it. You are laughable. On top of ignorant, you might want to see a shrink for your narcissism. I guess they cheaped out on your meds in special needs school.
Narcissism? More like relevant experience in the subject does give a person a slight edge. We have a former F-15 pilot who is now an airliner pilot in this forum. Would you be so foolish as to challenge him in matters of flying skills and daily pilot duties, whatever they are that pilots do? To him, YOU are a 'nobody'. If I, an Air Force guy, is on a sub, I would be a 'nobody' to the 'Chief of the Boat' (COB). So yes, if you are not subject to Chinese laws, then I will excuse you from the label 'conscript reject' because I am a veteran. Being a conscript is bad enough, being a reject from a conscription policy is even worse. Medical reasons are exempted, of course.

Rules are formalization or codifications of moral obligations agreed upon before the official announcement of a treaty. By entering a treaty or even a business contract, such as purchasing a house, a person submit himself to those moral obligations. If you default or renege on said contract, there would be penalties, least of all no one else would want to do business with you, the worst penalty is when the business partner is organized crime -- you would be dead. Sounds like either you never signed any contract at all, or you are too clueless on what is a contract.

And nothing has happened to China, just like nothing has happened to you in this forum.

Not happy with that? Write a wish to the UN.

May be you should exercise that supposedly high Chinese IQ and do some basic research...

NTI: United States - Nuclear Disarmament

Notice the highlighted are in the past tense, meaning done.

Each pilot does 400+ checks before takeoff, yes? Then why don't you use that skill and check what I meant in my last post?
The US arsenal is 9,600 warheads, much larger than the 400 (or supposedly 2350) warheads in China's arsenal.
What I meant was that if you really are concerned about nuclear proliferation, then take a look at the US stockpile first.

I made nothing. Only gave you Chinese boys a taste of your own.

More like you tasting your own medicine, not liking it, and trying to give it to us.

But anyways, for you, denial is always a river in Egypt.

Only for you Chinese boys who deserve it.

So you think every Chinese boy in the forum deserves it?

No? Then why don't you check your starting posts in threads?

My 'bullying' is for those who deserve it.

Read my post above

Judging from the quality of the fantastic claims made by you Chinese boys here, all of you must be in heaven.

Judging from your hypocrisy and claims, you must be in heaven as well, but with two cases of beer.

I have no problems repeating myself about this...In the beginning I was polite, stayed on subject, and support my arguments when I challenged you Chinese boys. I had no reasons to be hostile to anyone regardless of nationality. You Chinese boys took my challenges to your claims to be personal and 'anti-China' and 'anti-Chinese', despite the fact that I praised the Chinese history as 'enviable' several times, and proceed to be hostile towards me. Your continued avoidance of this fact is revealing.

Really? How is your post that I showed above classified as "polite" and "on subject"?
Seriously, dude, your denial is naive.

If you don't have anything against a specific nationality, then why don't you start by stop calling me "Chinese boy"?

Irony, dude, irony...

Air Force, not Army. And no, that does not automatically grant me that latitude. I only give it to those who earned it.

And that includes people who has less military experience than you?
You'll be a great publicist. :)

I verbally kicked a superior ranked person of my jet once. Nothing happened to me.

Which is why your behavior is the way it is right now.

The mouse will keep squeaking until the cat smacks it.

I have no problems with your inexperience in military affairs. If anything, I have used my experience like a dagger and gutted all of you Chinese boys' fantastic claims about Chinese weaponry.

Yes, I'm sure you know everything about Chinese weapons. In fact, the US doesn't even need the Pentagon. They can simply hire you.

And if somehow they figure out that their intel was incorrect, you can use your attitude to talk them out of arresting you.

chinese civilian leadership confessed that they did not know what the chinese military up to was on many occasions when the Sec DEF of the US visited them a few months ago. :rofl:

Beijing faces PLA schism, warns from US defence secretary Gates | China Military Power Mashup
2011-01-15 (China Military News cited from ft.com and written by Kathrin Hille and Daniel Dombey) -- Robert Gates, US defence secretary, has warned of a schism between the People's Liberation Army and China's civilian leaders.

Mr Gates's comments indicate that the US blames a more aggressive Chinese military for some of the problems bedevilling bilateral security relations.

"Over the last several years we have seen some signs of ... a disconnect between the military and the civilian leadership," he said in a speech at Tokyo's Keio University on Friday.
Mr Gates referred to "pretty clear indications that [civilian leaders] were unaware of the flight test of the J-20" stealth fighter, which was widely seen as an anti-US signal as it took place immediately before his meeting with Hu Jintao, the president, this week.
Mr Hu also chairs the Communist party's central military commission, which controls the armed forces.

Mr Gates cited two other events when Washington thought Beijing's civilian leadership had not been aware of the aggressive approach: an incident when Chinese ships sought to ram and cut off the communications of a US reconnaissance vessel in early 2009, and a 2007 anti-satellite test that fanned fears in Washington about the militarisation of space.

His remarks come amid increasing speculation that the PLA's role in forming China's foreign policy and its interactions with the ruling Communist party might be changing. In recent years, the PLA has been transforming into a modern force focused on safeguarding China's regional and global economic interests.

In a paper on civil-military links in China, Michael Kiselycznyk and Phillip Saunders, of the National Defense University in the US, point to a growing amount of often high-profile "policy advice" by Chinese military officers. For example, Rear Admiral Yang Yi, a retired naval strategist, said last year that Beijing should "make them hurt" in response to the US decision to sell arms to Taiwan

chinese civilian leadership confessed that they did not know what the chinese military up to was on many occasions when the Sec DEF of the US visited them a few months ago. :rofl:

If you believe that than your intelligence truly astonishes me.

China News Watch Rumours of test flight discord leave dark cloud | China News Watch | Latest Hong Kong, China & World News | SCMP.com

Rumours of test flight discord leave dark cloud
Cary Huang
Jan 14, 2011
The meeting between visiting US Secretary of Defence Dr Robert Gates and President Hu Jintao was meant to send a clear message that Beijing and Washington wanted to mend their fragile military ties ahead of Hu's state visit to Washington next week.

But the message became lost in intense speculation over whether Hu had been informed of the first test flight of China's J-20 stealth fighter just hours before the meeting and whether the mainland's civilian leadership is in firm control of the country's military.

While details of what happened in the opulent room of the Great Hall of the People on Tuesday remained unclear, US defence officials told reporters their distinct impressions that they found that China's top civilian leaders were apparently not aware of the test. [/B]"When secretary Gates raised the question of the J-20 in the meeting with President Hu, it was clear that none of the civilians in the room had been informed," a US defence official told journalists after Hu's meeting with Gates.

Gates later confirmed that account. "The civilian leadership seemed surprised by the test and assured me it had nothing to do with my visit," he said, although he later played down any hint of a rift when asked the same question by journalists during a tour of the Great Wall on Wednesday, before leaving for Japan.

scary that these rogue military guys are in charge of Nukes

And nothing has happened to China, just like nothing has happened to you in this forum.

Not happy with that? Write a wish to the UN.
And has China increased her nuclear weapons stockple? You are avoiding the real issues: That China is an NNPT signatory. That a treaty is a document of moral obligations codified. And that a signatory should make a formal withdrawal from the treaty IF said signatory no wonder wishes to abide by the rules contained within.

Not only are there moral obligations inside a treaty that is a burden upon every member, a signatory to a treaty also has a certain level of authority empowered by said treaty to wield those moral obligations as a moral weapon to enforce compliance. That mean China, as an NNPT signatory, has the moral authority to use the intentions and rules of the treaty against other signatory when necessary. So unless there are exemptions specifically for China, China cannot violate those rules when it comes to disarmament.

You have been duly exposed as ignorant of something as basic as a businness contract, and here you are trying to explain to us the greater import of an inter-states treaty....:rolleyes:...If you support China's decision to increase her nuclear weapons stockpile, then at least be honorable enough to advocate China's withdrawal from the NNPT. You do know what 'honorable' mean, no?

Each pilot does 400+ checks before takeoff, yes? Then why don't you use that skill and check what I meant in my last post?
The US arsenal is 9,600 warheads, much larger than the 400 (or supposedly 2350) warheads in China's arsenal.
What I meant was that if you really are concerned about nuclear proliferation, then take a look at the US stockpile first.
You are still tap-dancing around the real issue: nuclear weapons disarmament. Yes...The US has much greater nuclear weapons than China, but one of the intentions of the NNPT is not to allow nuclear weapons parity between member states. It is to disarm, or reduce the current inventory and the US have been on that path. China should be honorable enough to say that while she has no intentions of proliferation, China also will NOT disarm. You do understand the meaning of 'honorable', no?

More like you tasting your own medicine, not liking it, and trying to give it to us.

But anyways, for you, denial is always a river in Egypt.
Wrong...The ones who are floundering that river are you Chinese boys and everyone can see how you continues to avoid what I said earlier, that I initially had no hostile attitude towards anyone.

So you think every Chinese boy in the forum deserves it?
So far none of you avoided cheap personal attacks on me, specifically my nationality when it is convenient for you.

Really? How is your post that I showed above classified as "polite" and "on subject"?
Seriously, dude, your denial is naive.
:lol:...Typical of bullies, they always claim victimhood now but never willing to own up to the fact that they were the ones who started the fight.

And that includes people who has less military experience than you?
Nope...There are plenty people here who have no military experience at all but they were polite to me and I reciprocated. I never touched their inexperience but provided sources to support my arguments and gave them relevant keywords so they can do their own research. I did it in public discussions and through private messages. For you Chinese boys, I will mock and toy with you regarding your lack of military experience yet participating in a military oriented discussion place.

Yes, I'm sure you know everything about Chinese weapons. In fact, the US doesn't even need the Pentagon. They can simply hire you.

And if somehow they figure out that their intel was incorrect, you can use your attitude to talk them out of arresting you.
Never said anything about Chinese weapons, but enough of you Chinese boys' claims are ridiculous and speculative enough that basic knowledges will suffice.

Back
Top Bottom