What's new

No need for European missile defense shield if Iran deal a success

Well, it had nothing to do with Iran anyway, the whole point of it was mainly the radars as they give some precious extra minutes of warning in case of a nuclear launch.

For Romania - the decision will stay, those bases act as a tripwire against any Russian adventurism, guaranteeing the security of eastern NATO members, and sooner or later more east European countries will follow.

More important is that they can be used to pressure a solution to the Basarabia/Transnistria & treasury problems that we have with Russia, and, ofcourse, our politicians can't say no to USA anyway..:)

Ps: DV Rules, eastern europe is not Georgia

May be or may be not but their status is just like 'Who will pay more' in auction.

You don't understand - the point is to detect a launch earlier, giving more times for a response and an edge in responding . It's not about shooting them down (now, with todays technology)

And that "response" is the part that will be cost ineffective.

What does America gain with early detection? They weaken the Russian nuclear deterrent.

So the Russian response will be to build more nukes, put more MIRV warheads on the nukes, add multiple decoy warheads or missiles, add large amounts of chaff... all far cheaper than the BMD by several orders of magnitude.

The thing is, that russia is not trustworthy. I support the shield 100%.

May be or may be not but their status is just like 'Who will pay more' in auction.

Meh....and still, we are here, after 1000 years of attacks, occupation, revolts, disasters and wars. With our distinct culture and nationality. That won't change, no matter with whom we allied ourselves with

Edit: Russia also happens to pay very, very poorly :)

And that "response" is the part that will be cost ineffective.

What does America gain with early detection? They weaken the Russian nuclear deterrent.

So the Russian response will be to build more nukes, put more MIRV warheads on the nukes, add multiple decoy warheads or missiles, add large amounts of chaff... all far cheaper than the BMD by several orders of magnitude.

Earlie detection = I can launch before you and strike part of the missile force while still in silo. It dosen't matter that you have 100 or 2 warheads on the missile that just went boom in the silo
= since both Russia and USA have the Start program, simply building more isn't a solution, building better is, but that costs rubles, who are going to be diverted from another field
= missiles aren't the only things they detect, planes, especially strategic bombers, are another important point

I agree with bolded part

Earlie detection = I can launch before you and strike part of the missile force while still in silo. It dosen't matter that you have 100 or 2 warheads on the missile that just went boom in the silo
= since both Russia and USA have the Start program, simply building more isn't a solution, building better is, but that costs rubles, who are going to be diverted from another field
= missiles aren't the only things they detect, planes, especially strategic bombers, are another important point

I agree with bolded part

Do you think Russia will allow anyone to weaken their nuclear deterrent?

If anyone takes steps to do that, Russia will counter it by strengthening their nuclear arsenal. It will be a never ending cycle, and the advantage is with Russia, due to the much lower costs of increasing their nuclear arsenal compared to BMD.

Meh....and still, we are here, after 1000 years of attacks, occupation, revolts, disasters and wars. With our distinct culture and nationality. That won't change, no matter with whom we allied ourselves with

Edit: Russia also happens to pay very, very poorly :)

I agree with bolded part

Interesting that one can fire before other will push the button ignoring the fact that second party also have technology. Moreover Russia is not in status of 1991 0r 1997 and they have enough rubles to built better to compete.

If anyone takes steps to do that, Russia will counter it by strengthening their nuclear arsenal. It will be a never ending cycle, and the advantage is with Russia, due to the much lower costs of increasing their nuclear arsenal compared to BMD.

I respect your answers, but we are talking in circles. It's not about intercepting, it's bout seeing what flies in half o Russia and making a surprise first strike impossible
Now, unless Moscow can build a giant stealth generator that hides everything that flies up to the Urals, I really don't see the argument (and judging by the level of buthurt that the Russians display about this, they can't)

Edit: Dv Rules, let's pray that the relations between this 2 don't get that bad and none of them has the idea that they can get away with a first strike, because they will push the button...

Then Russia doesn't need to complain about the BMD if they can counter it and stop telling us that we don't need it and building it.

It will change nothing how you think or not.
This is also true towards you, but it's not stopping you to think and express your thoughts?

Then Russia doesn't need to complain about the BMD if they can counter it and stop telling us that we don't need it and building it.
And we are not against the American missile defense system. Build it on your own territory in every state. Why are you doing this in Europe at the Russian borders?

This is also true towards you, but it's not stopping you to think and express your thoughts?

And we are not against the American missile defense system. Build it on your own territory in every state. Why are you doing this in Europe at the Russian borders?

your boarders are meaningless. Germany supports the missile shield. Russia has nothing to say about eastern european nations allowing that system on their soil. germany encourages those natioms to build it. btw. get rid of putin and join 21st century. its a shame aour country hosts the next olympic winter games. Guess it will be the worst games ever from what i saw already. evrything looks pathetic and cheap...but what did i expect...

your boarders are meaningless. Germany supports the missile shield. Russia has nothing to say about eastern european nations allowing that system on their soil. germany encourages those natioms to build it. btw. get rid of putin and join 21st century. its a shame aour country hosts the next olympic winter games. Guess it will be the worst games ever from what i saw already. evrything looks pathetic and cheap...but what did i expect...
Obtain nuclear weapons, drive out occupants, forbid them to spy on every step of Chanselor, build your own space rocket - then Germany will be taken seriously, not just as an industrial plant of the West, without voting rights.

Obtain nuclear weapons, drive out occupants, forbid them to spy on every step of Chanselor, build your own space rocket - then Germany will be taken seriously, not just as an industrial plant of the West, without voting rights.

ha ha ha

Why should we obtain nuclear weapons? Thats worthless garbage of the 40th. We can produce better. The future lies in biological weapons and IT-weapon systems, not in fission weapons. They are laughable. We have no occupants. They pay a rent for their base. Beside that german soldiers are also stationed in USA in Arizona. We have our own space rocket. Its caleld Ariane V. You know that rocket? Its the one that kicked your russian garbage in the *** and owns the entire space delivery market. But what do i say...you are just a cultureless russian.

You know what we say about russians? You wash your food in the toilet...

ha ha ha

Why should we obtain nuclear weapons? Thats worthless garbage of the 40th. We can produce better. The future lies in biological weapons and IT-weapon systems, not in fission weapons. They are laughable. We have no occupants. They pay a rent for their base. Beside that german soldiers are also stationed in USA in Arizona. We have our own space rocket. Its caleld Ariane V. You know that rocket? Its the one that kicked your russian garbage in the *** and owns the entire space delivery market. But what do i say...you are just a cultureless russian.

You know what we say about russians? You wash your food in the toilet...
Occupants pay you ? For them is not difficult. They printed wrappers . Ever heard about Second World War ? As an outcome we have occupied Germany . And it is able to so far. Your army - a bunch of clowns. Nazis would defeat modern German army in 2 weeks .
Ariane 5 - European rocket , and not German . At any time, the French and British can deceive you and you will be without it.
At the expense of nefficiency of nuclear weapons - the whole world not agree with you . And about supermen and mutant-Hulk - read less American comics .
Incidentally - Russian bathed even in ancient times . Unlike the Europeans , which until the 19th century did not washed at all.
By the way - the occupants spying for your Chancellor.

Back
Top Bottom