What's new

No J-10B for PAF | A.C Khalid, calls for a focus on 5th generation platform instead.

Mr Smart Arse Salman.

Here is a link explaining the advantages of composites

Why Composites? - Premix Inc.

I suggest you play attention to point 9 & 10 AND HOW THEY COMPOSITES in stealth fighters play a crucial role in absorbing radar signals.

All the euro canards and both J10 & LCA TEJAS have extensive composite material airframes.

" dont be too embasressed " you live and learn everyday

Sir,

That is a simpleton's way of making an issue out of nothing----.

People are forgetting that PAF is getting F-16 easily these days which will allow them to have some breathing space as JF-17s are also maturing fast, J-10s will only come in when Rafaels will become threat, because it was meant for air defense first then other roles for PAF, right now F-16s are doing fine, with JF-17 upgrade block by block PAF may never need J-10s.

People should remember when F-16 was inducted in USAF it was only built as light fighter for day light ops, look where it stands now? same approach may be taken by PAF for JF-17s.

Hi,

The F16 BLK 52 and the MLU'd F 16's are more advanced than the best J10 B with its current electronics and weapons package----until the J 10 gets aesa radar----there is no sense in getting it now.

Hi,

The F16 BLK 52 and the MLU'd F 16's are more advanced than the best J10 B with its current electronics and weapons package----until the J 10 gets aesa radar----there is no sense in getting it now.
Mastan khan.
The J10B is rumoured to have an AESA radar. I think PAF like always will allow the platform to mature with the WS10. The time to buy newer platform will be when IAF places its order for the Rafale. At that stage PAF will depending on the country's finances buy whatever it can to counteract the Rafale. It might be J10 or another platform which might have come out or be about to come out. So PAFs plans with regards to the next platform remain fluid and reactive.
Araz

Last edited:
Mastan khan.
The J10B is rumoured to have an AESA radar. I think PAF like always will allow the platform to mature with the WS10. The time to buy newer platcorm will be when IAF places its order for the Rafale. At that stage PAF will depending on the country's finances buy whatever it can to counteract the Rafale. It might be J10 or another platform which might have come out or be about to come out. So PAFs plans with regards to the next platform remain fluid and reactive.
Araz

I think that was the plan way back, but if PAF can get its hands on used F-16s MLUs or non-Mlu, then there is no point in acquiring J-10. JF-17 production is now ramping up, plus even if we go for J-10s, there is no point in acquiring couple of squadrons. Should be atleast 4 or more. J-10 isn't cheap as well. I think the last quoted figures were 40million a piece.

who need help while dealing with vegetarians :lol:
If i am not wrong it was vajpay who run to US for helps during kargil conflicts----Actually i am very happy modi is in power, now this monkey will start the war, and we will get an escuse to get ride of you once for all, we will finnish the unfinnished job ;)
finished unfinished job...hw.
by posting another post on pdf....:lol::lol:..
damn these internet warriors....:coffee:

I think that was the plan way back, but if PAF can get its hands on used F-16s MLUs or non-Mlu, then there is no point in acquiring J-10. JF-17 production is now ramping up, plus even if we go for J-10s, there is no point in acquiring couple of squadrons. Should be atleast 4 or more. J-10 isn't cheap as well. I think the last quoted figures were 40million a piece.
Agreed. All I have tried to say is that PAF will react to the situation as it develops across the border. More MKIs more MLUed F16s. Rafale will require a response which will have to be appropriate. I think at the time PAF will put on show whatever it has been cooking over the years. No one denies the efficacy of the JFT. It will continue to develop and become not only the backbone of the PAC but will continue to benefit from the J10 Development. It will become a very effective platform in due course. However the fact remains that the Rafale would need a response and PAF will now be looking eastwards for its needs.
Araz

so indians think, in case of war, they will bring all of their MKIs to pakistani borders and leave the rest of their bases alongside indian-chinese border

Few MKIs took off from very deep eastern air force bases and did offensive missions, both strike and A2A, during Iron fist exercise at western border. I flew non stop and reached for offensive in an hour. More than 400 jets participated in the exercise which see MKIs are flying in from all three directions into the target area.

Even Rafale is not 'confirmed'. Indian MoD has signed no such deal so far, nor any rafales have so far been 'ordered'.

The question is if Rafale confirmed, are they coming with AESA? And you think not. :lol:

hurt my feeling on what....:lol:
tell me hw will u do that...by posting new posts....:lol:
You wouldn't have quote my post, if didn't have hurt your feeling, i feel something burning even behind these smilies :lol:

So materials that would absorb signals and radiate them out of phase in the same direction? Interesting! Is there any literature out there to read about it?
No...Active cancellation at the materials level would make the body not radiate at all. The absorber materials would allow pass through, but inside or below the surface there would be active electrical measures to cancel out the signal. This is not the SPECTRA-like method, which is junk against opposition AESA systems, in my opinion.

Once -- not if -- the technology is proven to withstand environmental and structural stresses, the next step would be beyond laboratory manufacturing capability, then studies will be made on adapting the technology to existing airframes, effectively making every fighter either truly invisible to radar, or so low in reflectivity that an alternative to radar must be developed.

Back
Top Bottom