What's new

No houses on rent for Indians in Singapore

Trolling aside, curry food and small carpeted units/apartments just don't go together. Once the smell of curry gets into the carpet, its very hard to get rid of, perhaps the only way is to get the carpet changed.
it smells without carpet too, but we wont know it. The kitchen area needs proper cleaning to get rid of spices.

@Peter C. mate don't take the shine off, find something witch mentions Pakistan to get their attention.

Not exactly unheard of though is it? Apparently in the UK, more than a quarter of Pakistanis face discrimination when trying to rent an accommodation. Thats 1 in 4 Pakistanis. Did you happen to face any problem?

The BBC's investigation was prompted by a Runnymede Trust survey which discovered that more than a quarter of black and Pakistani respondents felt discriminated against when trying to rent private accommodation.

The survey found that 29 per cent of black Caribbean, 28 per cent of black African and 27 per cent of Pakistani respondents believed they had suffered this type of discrimination.

even if they discriminate against chinese too? btw its not govt decision.. :lol:

Many online home rental websites in Singapore include the words "No Indians, no People's Republic of China (PRC)", which is sometimes followed by the word "sorry", leading to increasing rental discrimination in the city.

Don't know about PRC but Indians were convicted for riots in Singapore. This decision by the rental websites is acceptable and reasonable.

Don't know about PRC but Indians were convicted for riots in Singapore. This decision by the rental websites is acceptable and reasonable.
it was not 'decision' by rental website. Can you read it again, properly this time?
Its the companies and individuals who advertise, they have preference and apparently they dont like Indian or chinese due to smelly curry. Nothing to do with riot as chinese were not rioting.
Majority of people are of chinese origin, they not wanting chinese (mainland) is a bit weird as I expect similar food habits.

Following the same logic, if discrimination against nationalities were generalized on convictions of crimes of their countrymen, some specific nationalities will face some horrendous discrimination setting quite a downhill precedent. Thus I would disagree such line of reasoning as acceptable, may be @Windjammer might be able to help us understand this better.

Not exactly unheard of though is it? Apparently in the UK, more than a quarter of Pakistanis face discrimination when trying to rent an accommodation. Thats 1 in 4 Pakistanis. Did you happen to face any problem?
No i have had no such issues as mercifully i own my properties.....the subject at hand isn't Pakistanis facing discriminations in UK.....none the less since you have managed to drag Pakistan into equation, i guess Indian troubles are over then.

As per your logic Pakistanis always get convicted for terrorism so discriminating against them is reasonable? Dont let the hate blind you man.

smelly curries? As if Chinese cuisine is best in the world.

How would Indians of India would react to it? RIP Indian Muslims!

No i have had no such issues as mercifully i own my properties.....the subject at hand isn't Pakistanis facing discriminations in UK.....none the less since you have managed to drag Pakistan into equation, i guess Indian troubles are over then.

Since Pakistanis like @Areesh were condoning this discrimination, bringing Pakistanis into the picture was necessary to drive the point home

Back
Top Bottom