What's new

No houses on rent for Indians in Singapore

It's common sense dramaqueen. If smelly food was the only issue Pakistanis would face similar problems. But then, there is a reason why you are known as the dramaqueen here.

Pakistani in general have lots of fat hanging on their face all because of their food habit.

Let's be honest. I have been to a lot of Pakistani restaurants. The food is as spicy as at any north Indian non-veg restaurant, if not more; the only difference is that you people add more oil. If Indian food leaves behind residual smell (which it does) I am pretty sure Pakistani food would too.

Both Pakistani and north Indians cuisines are same ( a blend of northwest frontier and Awadhi food ) with a negligible difference.

That would be unusual, but not unbelievable either.

Due to the sheer number of Chinese people, you will certainly be able to find some Chinese who can speak English with a degree of fluency, but the point is that it is not common. My experience living in Hong Kong my entire life, as well as regularly visiting the Chinese Mainland tells me this.

This situation may be affected by what is known as "selection bias".

We are on an English language forum, so of course the Chinese members here will have some degree of proficiency when it comes to English, otherwise they wouldn't be here, right?

Similarly, your wife married a white American, so of course she would be likely to have some degree of English language proficiency right?

Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe people are doing assembly line work because it is the only jobs available since as you said the population is high and thus competition is fierce?

It isn't because they are stupid it is because that's all there is.

Both Pakistani and north Indians cuisines are same ( a blend of northwest frontier and Awadhi food ) with a negligible difference.

I wouldn't call it the same. There is a distinct flavor in Pakistani food that you don't get at most Indian places. But I have eaten similar food in Old Delhi.

Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe people are doing assembly line work because it is the only jobs available since as you said the population is high and thus competition is fierce?

It isn't because they are stupid it is because that's all there is.

You are putting words in my mouth.

I never even mentioned assembly lines.

I mentioned the people I know in Hong Kong, and Hu Jintao, neither of these have anything to do with assembly lines.

I absolutely love Pakistani food though. I just pour out the excess oil. :D
but i thought indians use oil in similiar amount like we use....even jokes are made on subcontinent food very rich in oil,its said the extra oil which is left is then used in another dish for cooking purposes:lol: that is why all dishes taste the same....:p:

nobudy can beat Indians and Pakistanies in inventing new and interesting ideas:enjoy: haha her jaga ja key kuch naya and different hi kurtey hain!

but what's the logic in placing small portions of different food items together with one chappati? we cant enjoy any one of them completely no?

We do. We prefer multiple dishes with the Chapati and enjoy it.

If they don't want me to rent a house there because my passport says "Hong Kong PRC"... then I won't rent a house there.

Why should I rent a house where I'm not wanted?

Funnily enough Singaporeans eat far more curry than ANY other ethnic Chinese groups, it's a big part of their national cuisine. So for them to complain about curry cooking is a bit rich.
In that case dont you think they should just ban such unwanted nationalities from entering their cities???
It would be so much better than putting up an ad on the newspaper and sullying the nationalities.
I remember reading such ads in the UAE newspapers few years back.The government here promptly took actions
against such ads by asking the newspapers to print only the preferred nationalities and not the nationalities who 're NOT preferred.
I hope you 're getting the drift of it.

Btw didnt know you are a Hong Konger,they always sound a lil different from the ppl living in mainland China.JMHO.:P

I wouldn't call it the same. There is a distinct flavor in Pakistani food that you don't get at most Indian places. But I have eaten similar food in Old Delhi.

flavours vary because of the availability and usage of local ingredients. do you know a similar ingredient from different region have different aroma and taste. take saffron for example or the bay leaf. Iranian saffron is better is in colour but indian saffron is stronger in flavour. :)

You are putting words in my mouth.

I never even mentioned assembly lines.

I mentioned the people I know in Hong Kong, and Hu Jintao, neither of these have anything to do with assembly lines.

I'm trying to make a point with FattyAcids and since he obviously can't be swayed on anything (like that I'm not Indian) I was hoping maybe you could at least see the light with my point.

Last edited:
Btw didnt know you are a Hong Konger,they always sound a lil different from the ppl living in mainland China.JMHO.:P

That's because our native dialect is Cantonese. Whereas Mainlanders speak a great variety of Chinese dialects, from Cantonese to Mandarin, from Hokkien to Shanghainese.

If you're ever in doubt, Standard Chinese (Mandarin) is the best bet. Most Chinese will understand it to some degree. :cheers:

but i thought indians use oil in similiar amount like we use....even jokes are made on subcontinent food very rich in oil,its said the extra oil which is left is then used in another dish for cooking purposes:lol: that is why all dishes taste the same....:p:

nobudy can beat Indians and Pakistanies in inventing new and interesting ideas:enjoy: haha her jaga ja key kuch naya and different hi kurtey hain!

No. Indians generally don't add as much oil.

flavours vary because of the availability and usage of local ingredients. do you know a similar ingredient from different region have different aroma and taste. take saffron for example or the bay leaf. Iranian saffron is better is in colour but indian saffron is stronger in flavour. :)

Not just that, the cooking process is also different. If you go to the Karim's in old Delhi, you will get an idea of what I am talking about. It is very close to what Pakistani restaurants serve.

That's because our native dialect is Cantonese. Whereas Mainlanders speak a great variety of Chinese dialects, from Cantonese to Mandarin, from Hokkien to Shanghainese.

If you're ever in doubt, Standard Chinese (Mandarin) is the best bet. Most Chinese will understand it to some degree. :cheers:

Frankly I dont 've much knowledge when it comes to Chinese.All I know is that Hong Kong is still a special administrative district and will remain so for 50years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom