What's new

No flat for her in Mumbai because she is Muslim

Nothing new here. Such "policies" have been practised for years in Israel.

YES my dear i would :) because his or her eating pork is in no way offending me neither even if a Muslim is eating pork that is noway offensive at all as long as they do NOT force it upon me .

And tell you i may prefer giving my house on rent to a Hindu than a mullah.

Easier said than done! :)

in fact it's much worse, over the fence the state institutionalizes it.

it's crazy to see these people use it as an excuse and hide behind it.

You can hardly expect such people to be reasonable. They should be dealing with this:

Anyway, back to the topic, now it seems obviously a cooked up story. On the other hand, lets see Presstitutes crying over this:

http://delhi.quikr.com/2BHK-Flat-for-Sale-Only-Muslim-Family-W0QQAdIdZ207762413

No flat for a muslim girl in Mumbai.... where are the muslim landlords? have they stopped renting out their properties?
Another point is that a young, educated muslim girl from Gujarat sets out to explore her career in the city like Mumbai all alone and without any support. I was permitted to be in only those cities where I had a relative as a local guardian and I had to visit them every weekends and holidays. Hats off to the girl and her guardians. Our community is indeed progressing.

You can hardly expect such people to be reasonable. They should be dealing with this:

Anyway, back to the topic, now it seems obviously a cooked up story. On the other hand, lets see Presstitutes crying over this:

http://delhi.quikr.com/2BHK-Flat-for-Sale-Only-Muslim-Family-W0QQAdIdZ207762413
the bitter truth is that this bias exists in both our societies, only that those guys took it to the next level and framed their whole constitution around it.. just imagine if in India we start throwing people in jail for saying "namaste"

sounds a bit :crazy: ?

well, they do that to their Ahmediyas..

both are full of shit, we really should stop slinging it at each other...

Because law of the land says so! :)

the "law of the land" doesn't say so... from your source ( Can housing societies refuse tenants? - timesofindia-economictimes )...
"The housing society regulations don't have the same stature as that of a law. Every Indian citizen has the right to reside anywhere in the country and discrimination is not allowed on the basis of religion, caste, sex, eating habits or marital status," he explains.

So if a tenant feels a housing society has not been fair, he can file a police complaint against it, claiming infringement of his rights as a citizen. The member, too, can take legal recourse, such as approaching the civil or the cooperative court. He can also appeal to the deputy registrar of housing societies concerning his grievances.

Besides, it's common sense that if you have a place to rent, then you have the freedom to choose the tenant too.

it is fine to refuse tenancy to some yoga/mba/software-engineer strange person with two dogs but it is illegal and anti-human to refuse on such frivolous basis as religion, gender and marital status.

it is illegal... simple... and i as muslim wouldn't want to live in such a place because knowing how middle-class muslims have turned out ( mullah/burqa type ) in the last 20 years, this place will become a ghetto.

Our community is indeed progressing.

hardly... most of our community have become reactionary in recent years... you should visit bangalore and hyderabad... total ghettos you will find.

i will not find a fiery iqbal or kaifi azmi or nasser among the current indian muslim youth generally... i can certainly find a "syrian rebel".

hardly... most of our community have become reactionary in recent years... you should visit bangalore and hyderabad... total ghettos you will find.

i will not find a fiery iqbal or kaifi azmi or nasser among the current indian muslim youth generally... i can certainly find a "syrian rebel".
Not most but some. Majority is still progressive and look forward to a better mainstream life. Its Madrassas that are making them regressive and our politicians are making them ghettoised.
We are living in an era of money making and internet adversely affecting the intellectual and literary growth of people and society. If Iqbal and Kaifi were born in this era they would be in some software business.

it is illegal... simple... and i as muslim wouldn't want to live in such a place because knowing how middle-class muslims have turned out ( mullah/burqa type ) in the last 20 years, this place will become a ghetto.

Ghettoisation is not unique to muslims but anyone who refuses to open up ends up in a ghetto. I have seen Marathis feeling suffocated in marathi dominated societies and so are jains, Gujaratis and south indian hindus and catholics. Upwardly mobile prefer cosmopolitan living over their own community. Mullah or Burqa, per se, are not regressive but forcing burqa and fanaticism is definitely.

Stupid Media, no one read this is guess
On the other hand, society supervisor Rajesh dismissed the allegations and said, "We allow Muslim people to stay here. The broker should be asked about this matter."

Now, Muslim woman claims broker denied her flat in Mumbai because of her religion - Firstpost

It has become a habit for people to claim victim these days....
She is a Journalist and she used this Muslim card to highlight herself and prop up her face into the Media.She was in Times Now debate along with that looser Zeeshan Ali Khan. It has become a fashion nowadays to play the Victim card and grab attention and Media spotlight.

What was she expecting to happen ?

Thousands of minorities where killed with impunity, she should get on the program to learn to live with it.

No flat for a muslim girl in Mumbai.... where are the muslim landlords? have they stopped renting out their properties?
Another point is that a young, educated muslim girl from Gujarat sets out to explore her career in the city like Mumbai all alone and without any support. I was permitted to be in only those cities where I had a relative as a local guardian and I had to visit them every weekends and holidays. Hats off to the girl and her guardians. Our community is indeed progressing.

There is nothing particularly wrong in a young girl venturing into a new city. I did the same thing. I find it difficult to digest that she couldn't find an accommodation for herself in a big city like Mumbai. Someone might have refused, may be have religious bias, instead of making a hue and cry, one needs to move to the other one.

This is nothing unusual in India...India is a place where even our so called higher cast people think they are directly descended from God, and they do not even give rent to other Hindu people who are different cast than them...So in this kind of sick people and their mindset, not providing accomodation to Muslims is nothing surprising.....

This is where the media is playing it wrong...This kind of shameful activities is not only happening with Muslims, it is happening with people of different strata of socecity...Like Non Veg people, people of North East and people of different cast and so on...So rather than highlighting the Muslim only cause, the main issues of discrimination is getting lost in the perceptional battle of Hindu and Muslim issues only which is not the case...

This issue should be publicized as racial and caste discrimination irrespective of the religion and color of the people..

Guys u dont even know this thing??? I had actually googled and searched some months back and had found out that in many localities in mumbai a muslim cant buy a property.

Seocndly, they refused properties to shahrukh khan,shabana azmi, saif ali khan, and emraan hashmi just for being muslims.

Normal stuff in india. Hae for muslins runs deep.

Guys u dont even know this thing??? I had actually googled and searched some months back and had found out that in many localities in mumbai a muslim cant buy a property.

Seocndly, they refused properties to shahrukh khan,shabana azmi, saif ali khan, and emraan hashmi just for being muslims.

Normal stuff in india. Hae for muslins runs deep.
You need to understand the difference between religious freedom and religious indifference. Can a Hindu deny a Muslim a flat in Pakistan ?

You need to understand the difference between religious freedom and religious indifference. Can a Hindu deny a Muslim a flat in Pakistan ?
not based on religion but for all other reasons and same goes for muslims.
And if ever a muslim shows the bigotry ,god forbid like u guys, then we will be the first ones to condemn it rather than getting defensive like u indians.

Back
Top Bottom