What's new

No beef on menu during Commonwealth Games: Kalmadi

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ jana Ask again why cow meat ban in CWG !!

and indian will again give u 100 more usless reason but not the answer lol

here is your answer

BECAUSE IT WILL HURT THE SENTIMENTS OF MAJORITY OF INDIANs...

Happy..now get back to your business...

yara i know that just reply me if Beef is available in some Parts of India then where does this question of respecting the religion or sentiment comes from ???????????????

Why ban it for Non-Hindu players ?????

Jana, frankly its all about avoiding a confrontation. True, pressure from right-wing Hindu groups and the fact that Hindus comprise of 85% of the population would have played a role.

To quote you a similar case, Muslims in India were unhappy with Rushdie's Satanic Verses. When they protested, GoI banned it. Now Hindus or ppl of other faiths could argue for their right to read the book. But GoI has stuck with the ban. Even in a secular democracy, the govt. sometimes has to cater to the demands of one particular religion in case of a sensitive matter. That is a fact.

And if the other groups have no problem with it, then whats the issue? I as a Sikh, I am not annoyed by the ban on beef. I have access to other sources of meat. Similarly if you ask EjazR, GB or any other Indian Muslim member, you will get a similar response. And going back to the Salman Rushdie example, no Hindu protested for his right to buy the book. Its a total non-issue.

jana...will u serve pork if v come to pakistan??? try to respect other religion if there is greater goods.

Yes dear we will sever you pork if you want to eat it. There is no ban on sale or eating of pork here.

Please be my guest i will bring you the finest pork meat if you want.

I do respect your religion so if you do NOT want to eat BEEF i will NOT serve it to you. I am only asking you that why you want others NOT to eat beef.

On another hand when as claimed by your own Indian members that Beef is allowed in some parts of India then does it mean you do not respect your religion in that case ???????????????

please answer me why do you not see any disrespect in that case where beef is allowed in India ?

Eating beef isnt a necessity in life, and if it goes against the beliefs of a religion then just eating it to show that you dont care is stupid. The Muslims also have no rights to ban pork or not allow for the sale of it. This is a stupid issue to be discussing upon in the first place. Seal was going to be served to the delegates at teh G-20 but under intense pressure it was withdrawn by the Canadian government. Will you call that a double standard too ? This thread is again a stupid attempt to find something to target India with. If beef is not allowed, its simple as that. On one will die without Beef. Chicken, mutton and other non-vegetarian items are still available.

@ jana Ask again why cow meat ban in CWG !!

and indian will again give u 100 more usless reason but not the answer lol

Already told here many times..last time..It will hurt the feelings of Hindus..Just like you people think eating PIG is haram..they dont eat cows because its sacred for them...

I respect your faith and do accept your right to believe in your faith and have no Objection as long as you do not impose your faith on Non-Hindus.

You do not eat beef so i respect your choice but atleast do not ban it for those who do eat it. You are simply imposing your beliefs on others.

So this is the topic of the day..huh.

First of all ,in india cow slaughter is banned in most states , but not selling of beef or eating beef .

What ur article too suggest that players would not be served beef , but it doesn't mean a ban on eating beef. If they choose and can't live without eating beef ,they can avail beef from outside the game village where its sold .I'm sure beef is being sold in New Delhi to anyone who wants to buy it and again there no ban on either selling or eating beef related food items in New Delhi.

Jana, frankly its all about avoiding a confrontation. True, pressure from right-wing Hindu groups and the fact that Hindus comprise of 85% of the population would have played a role.

To quote you a similar case, Muslims in India were unhappy with Rushdie's Satanic Verses. When they protested, GoI banned it. Now Hindus or ppl of other faiths could argue for their right to read the book. But GoI has stuck with the ban. Even in a secular democracy, the govt. sometimes has to cater to the demands of one particular religion in case of a sensitive matter. That is a fact.

And if the other groups have no problem with it, then whats the issue? I as a Sikh, I am not annoyed by the ban on beef. I have access to other sources of meat. Similarly if you ask EjazR, GB or any other Indian Muslim member, you will get a similar response. And going back to the Salman Rushdie example, no Hindu protested for his right to buy the book. Its a total non-issue.

Robbie i would have accepted the religious reasoning if there was NO Beef in any part of India.

If its all about religious sentiments than why only DELHI ??

As far as you or any other Indian is concerned thats ok if ban but its about NON-Indians, NON-Hindu players taking part in these games.

Anyway its really a sad and silly that Congress is bowing down to BJP

in PAKISTAN PORK is only ban for muslims

if u want u can buy it easily

Yes dear we will sever you pork if you want to eat it. There is no ban on sale or eating of pork here.

Please be my guest i will bring you the finest pork meat if you want.

I do respect your religion so if you do NOT want to eat BEEF i will NOT serve it to you. I am only asking you that why you want others NOT to eat beef.

On another hand when as claimed by your own Indian members that Beef is allowed in some parts of India then does it mean you do not respect your religion in that case ???????????????

please answer me why do you not see any disrespect in that case where beef is allowed in India ?

The bolded part ,are you allowed to touch pork meat??as far as i know.if any blood drop of it falls in to your body you wont go to heaven..correct me if i am wrong..

Beef is banned in few parts of India if i am not wrong?? Dehli is one of these parts. So does it mean that in other parts there is no respect for religion ?

No beef is not banned in Delhi that's ur misinformation.

We don't live in a communist or military rule every state have its local law and even state like Gujarat bans alcohol but its available to visitors in the state.

We live in a democracy people choose their leaders and leaders makes laws as per public sentiments its simple like that.

We don't make law to declare who is a Muslim or not like law against Ahamadiyas.

Such steps will only add to bad repu for India not others because we can understand Hindus' sensitivities with regard to beef but Non-Hindus should not be forced not to eat

Thanks for caring about India's reputation but these things don't matter to foreigners at all.

Also if any foreigner is dieing because of not eating beef he can have it in hotel or restaurants as its openly available in Delhi.

And for your kind information i resides in Delhi and my family is beef eater we don't have any restrictions in getting beef as its freely and legally available in certain shops.

I hope it will remove your misconception of forcing non Hindus what to eat.

Also, whole issue is twisted, India is not forcing anyone but its just we are not offering it from our side. :agree:

BTW, Saudi Arabia type country don't allow pork or alcohol do you also concern about Saudi Arabia's reputation or call it brutal or suppressing?????????
:devil:

It will hurt sentiments of hindus in whole india..

Stop trying to act smart and playing with words...

well well lol u r feeling hot !!

again my question is hindu will hurt in just CWG ?:coffee::rofl:

Eating beef isnt a necessity in life, and if it goes against the beliefs of a religion then just eating it to show that you dont care is stupid. The Muslims also have no rights to ban pork or not allow for the sale of it. This is a stupid issue to be discussing upon in the first place. Seal was going to be served to the delegates at teh G-20 but under intense pressure it was withdrawn by the Canadian government. Will you call that a double standard too ? This thread is again a stupid attempt to find something to target India with. If beef is not allowed, its simple as that. On one will die without Beef. Chicken, mutton and other non-vegetarian items are still available.

They need to feel happy for once . So they think this is their chance...who knows who is the next target for the continuous BEEFing of human life there...

Apne country ka to beda gark kar diya ..aa rahen hain hamein batane ke liye ki country ki policy kaise banate hain..

Lolzz its not you who will decide what should other deemed as necessary or not.

And Yes i agree no on has the right to ban pork as well and i said it many times in this thread if Indians or anyone wants to eat pork in my country we will provide you .

And BTW where is your ANIMAL Protection SOCIETY in case of mutton dishes lolzzzzzzzzzz or bird protection society in case of chicken dishes being served

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom