What's new

No automatic visa for Modi as PM : US

There will not be any controversy regarding Modi's visa. He would get the visa without any problem if he has to visit US. However Indian media and some people would behave as if that was some kind of a diplomatic victory. I expect headlines like "US bows down to Modi, issues him visa" from TOI. :lol:

They already did that when Cameron and the US ambassador visited him, now I suspect it will be hailed as a reversal of policy or something.

I agree with you absolutely ....

It's like grilling a seasoned criminal to either confess or incriminate by finding loop holes in his responses under stress ...

media is smart in doing that ...and not dumb as some people may have thought ...

That's their job ....
sometimes they need to creat news ..when it's not there

and invariably ..it becomes steady source of news for several day to weeks ...

The Kobragade issue was also blown up over the limit by the dedicated media on both sides. :lol:

but it wouldn't have come to such a reversal of events if it had not in the first place.

one needs to give one's due to the media where it deserves.

There will not be any controversy regarding Modi's visa. He would get the visa without any problem if he has to visit US. However Indian media and some people would behave as if that was some kind of a diplomatic victory. I expect headlines like "US bows down to Modi, issues him visa" from TOI. :lol:

why it shouldn't be ?
Given the arrogance and hypocrisy of US administration ...why it should not be news if US is forced to reconsider its decision by democratic process of another country .

If it happens ..it will be a victory of diplomatic process in India over hypocrite American administration !!!

They already did that when Cameron and the US ambassador visited him, now I suspect it will be hailed as a reversal of policy or something.

The Kobragade issue was also blown up over the limit by the dedicated media on both sides. :lol:

but it wouldn't have come to such a reversal of events if it had not in the first place.

one needs to give one's due to the media where it deserves.

I like this aspect of our media ....they are absolute fierce like hounds ...

and they will not leave their target ...prey easily .

Media played important role in exposition of scams after scams .

they are watch dogs of Democracy

I like them despite their loud noises laced with theatrics and melodrama ...

why it shouldn't be ?
Given the arrogance and hypocrisy of US administration ...why it should not be news if US is forced to reconsider its decision by democratic process of another country .

If it happens ..it will be a victory of diplomatic process in India over hypocrite American administration !!!

Because geo politics trumps the so called US standard of supposed human rights violation - humble pie is on the way.

Because geo politics trumps the so called US standard of supposed human rights violation - humble pie is on the way.

Human rights ...?
they have entertained much worse dictators in their country ...

They are hypocrites no 1.

The whole white house would turn black if the global standards of human rights violations are applied to US by impartial agency .

They have been responsible for the biggest carnage in human history by a single country ...right since inception.

So I do not lose single instance whereby I can pinch ...at least 'verbally' the American egos .

( I guess ...enough of US bashing for today ...I need to save my energy for another day )

No wonder visa nahin mil raha :sarcastic::p:
Funny+Modi+Dating+Michelle+Obama+1.jpg

@Sidak @Dem!god @scorpionx @levina
OMG!!
You shocked me!!:lol:

On topic:
Media court loves to pass judgements.Modi and Nancy Powell's meeting few weeks back almost confirmed it that US was desperately trying to be friends with the future PM.

Off topic:
@cheekybird I heard Obama and Michele 're headed for splitsville. :tsk:

why it shouldn't be ?

Because it won't be a diplomatic victory for India. The US would be granting visa to the person only because of his position. That won't be an indication of their change of policy.

Because it won't be a diplomatic victory for India. The US would be granting visa to the person only because of his position. That won't be an indication of their change of policy.

and India will have satisfaction that despite the propaganda against him we would have selected him disregarding strong political stance taken by US administration.

what do you say - Us was taken aback , right ? they never expected Modi to rise to this extent . right ?

They denied visa to him despite having elected by people of Gujarat 3 times with overwhelming popular support .

If they had any inkling about what was in the offing they would not have had taken such rigid stance . right ?

and guess what US administration had ignominy of seeking time and favors of the very man they condemned - because of what ?

Because people of India have given their mandate to him.

Don't you think that people of India have forced US to do business with person whom US tried to ostracize and single out ?

There is no denial that US will be forced to change their stance because of Modi's stature and position .

But don't you think that it's people of India that have made it possible .

Last but not the least - don't you think that US administration is hypocrite enough to pay lip service to human rights issue when it suits them and dump when it becomes burden ... ?

and India will have satisfaction that despite the propaganda against him we would have selected him disregarding strong political stance taken by US administration.

US visa policy has no relevance in Indian political scenario. You are giving way too much importance to that.

Last but not the least - don't you think that US administration is hypocrite enough to pay lip service to human rights issue when it suits them and dump when it becomes burden ... ?

Absolutely.

US visa policy has no relevance in Indian political scenario. You are giving way too much importance to that.

Absolutely.

If he becomes the PM he won't be needing a VISA. As for Modi, I sincerely doubt that he cares too much about this, as for America, POTUS might find it a little awkward after all this to shake Modi's hand and sit down for a chat but it won't be anything that cannot be bridged, foreign relations are primarily conducted through diplomats with heads of states interacting only when a policy initiative or some really big bilateral shift is to occur (other than those side line meetings where contrary to media reports all that gets done is the exchange of pleasantries and hand shakes).

Absolutely.

denial of visa to constituitionally elected government official despite request of Central government just because of influence of biased lobbies working .. amounts to insult .

How will US react if Visa is denied to some US governor under similar pre texts ?

First of all GOI should not have tolerated such US stance ..but being congress government they did .

Visa denial has political relevance .

Visa was denied to modi not on personal ground but even as Chief minister of Gujarat .

Do you understand the difference ?

It was question of honor of democratic institutions in India .

after all Modi was legitimately elected constitutional authority ...not once but thrice that too despite intense media trial over a decade .

Even UPA government which is inimical to modi ..took this stance . it's different that they gave up easily for their own political gains .

The Visa denial was made issue by Congress ministers like Chidamabaram to belittle modi .

Even recently ..number of MPs resorted to sign campaign to request US state dept to deny visa to modi .

then how do you say that Visa denial has no relevance ?

It is relevance from every aspect ...as I have just illustrated you .

If Modi become PM ...it will be a big slap by Indian public on face of US .

they are being forced to mollycoddle man they despised !

If he becomes the PM he won't be needing a VISA. As for Modi, I sincerely doubt that he cares too much about this, as for America, POTUS might find it a little awkward after all this to shake Modi's hand and sit down for a chat but it won't be anything that cannot be bridged, foreign relations are primarily conducted through diplomats with heads of states interacting only when a policy initiative or some really big bilateral shift is to occur (other than those side line meetings where contrary to media reports all that gets done is the exchange of pleasantries and hand shakes).

You are just simplifying the facts of the matter too much.

do you even know how personal likes and dislikes of leaders have shaped history between nations ?

Do you know how much really Nixon and Kissinger hated Indira Gandhi ...and how their personal hatred influenced Indo-US relations for the longest time ???

It's very naïve of you to believe that diplomats do all work and leaders meet only to exchange pleasantries and handshake ....

Last edited:
Yeah yeah. I will quote this thread when it is announced Obama is one of the first world leaders to phone to congratulate Modi on his win and when Modi visits the US and is given a State Dinner.

I'm sorry but this selective application of their morality really gets to me.

I mean where is/was the visa ban on Sonia Gandhi? The woman at the head of the party that oversaw the 1984 atrocities in Delhi. The party for which all the accused of leading the 1984 riots are STILL PART OF.

Who actually believes the US will turn their back on India if Modi becomes PM? Even they aren't that stupid. And if they are okay doing business/maintaining ties with dictators, warlords and monarchies they have ZERO right to turn their noses up at a leader who has been elected in the largest elections in the history of the planet.
These Americans are clowns, they know what side of history they are on and yet still try to stick to their utterly fabricated "beliefs".

denial of visa to constituitionally elected government official despite request of Central government just because of influence of biased lobbies working .. amounts to insult .

How will US react if Visa is denied to some US governor under similar pre texts ?

First of all GOI should not have tolerated such US stance ..but being congress government they did .

Visa denial has political relevance .

Visa was denied to modi not on personal ground but even as Chief minister of Gujarat .

Do you understand the difference ?

It was question of honor of democratic institutions in India .

after all Modi was legitimately elected constitutional authority ...not once but thrice that too despite intense media trial over a decade .

Even UPA government which is inimical to modi ..took this stance . it's different that they gave up easily for their own political gains .

The Visa denial was made issue by Congress ministers like Chidamabaram to belittle modi .

Even recently ..number of MPs resorted to sign campaign to request US state dept to deny visa to modi .

then how do you say that Visa denial has no relevance ?

It is relevance from every aspect ...as I have just illustrated you .

If Modi become PM ...it will be a big slap by Indian public on face of US .

they are being forced to mollycoddle man they despised !

I am not sure what you arguing about. You were first fired up against the state dept spokesperson which was proved to be a media twist.

Now you are trying to prove how the visa denial was relevant in the elections. I completely disagree with you there. People of India did not vote for Modi so that he can go to the US. It was not an election issue. Therefore it had no relevance in the elections or him getting elected. If that somehow boosts your ego then I don't have anything to say on that.

Well he would still need a visa but there is no chance that it will be denied. It was a strategic mistake by the US; they probably underestimated Modi's potential. To be fair, not many would have predicted that Modi would travel this far 7-8 years ago. I certainly wasn't expecting him to run for the PMO as late as 2010-11.

I am not sure what you arguing about. You were first fired up against the state dept spokesperson which was proved to be a media twist.

Now you are trying to prove how the visa denial was relevant in the elections. I completely disagree with you there. People of India did not vote for Modi so that he can go to the US. It was not an election issue. Therefore it had no relevance in the elections or him getting elected. If that somehow boosts your ego then I don't have anything to say on that.

How is Narendra modi's visa issue going to boost my ego .

I just showed to you how the visa issue has relevance on multiple levels .

where did I say that Visa was electroral issue or modi was elected by people so that he can visit US or India voted for modi just to show Uncle sam big inverted thumb ?

But can you deny that the grounds on which he was denied visa were electoral issue ? which off course seemed to have been totally ignored by India at large .

Do you deny that it was a big mistake on part of US to deny visa to Modi in capacity of Gujarat chief minister just because of some biased lobbies working overtime ?

Do you deny that US continued to deny visa to Modi even when UK and other EU nations changed their policies .

Do you deny that US administration is being forced to seek Mr Modi now because people of India have disregarded insinuations which were the basis of US visa denial ?

You have realized that you have nothing left to defend ...and no more points to argue that's why you have suddenly steep dived of my ego ....

How is Narendra modi's visa issue going to boost my ego .

I just showed to you how the visa issue has relevance on multiple levels .

where did I say that Visa was electroral issue or modi was elected by people so that he can visit US or India voted for modi just to show Uncle sam big inverted thumb ?

But can you deny that the grounds on which he was denied visa were electoral issue ? which off course seemed to have been totally ignored by India at large .

Do you deny that it was a big mistake on part of US to deny visa to Modi in capacity of Gujarat chief minister just because of some biased lobbies working overtime ?

Do you deny that US continued to deny visa to Modi even when UK and other EU nations changed their policies .

Do you deny that US administration is being forced to seek Mr Modi now because people of India have disregarded insinuations which were the basis of US visa denial ?

You have realized that you have nothing left to defend ...and no more points to argue that's why you have suddenly steep dived of my ego ....

You are mad just because I showed your initial diatribe against the spokesperson to be pointless. I am not here to defend US, in fact I have categorically stated that they made a mistake by not giving him visa back then. I also criticized the MPs on this very forum who wrote to the state dept not to give Modi a visa. However your conclusion that somehow it was an election issue or had any relevance in Modi getting elected this year is only laughable which does not deserve any serious reply.

You are mad just because I showed your initial diatribe against the spokesperson to be pointless. I am not here to defend US, in fact I have categorically stated that they made a mistake by not giving him visa back then. I also criticized the MPs on this very forum who wrote to the state dept not to give Modi a visa. However your conclusion that somehow it was an election issue this year is only laughable which does not deserve any serious reply.

You have run out of all logical reasonings.

and that's why you are getting mad .

It's all expected .

Very few people can digest that they have proven wrong and have lost debate ....

Bye ...Go to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom