What's new

No automatic visa for Modi as PM : US

No wonder visa nahin mil raha :sarcastic::p:
Funny+Modi+Dating+Michelle+Obama+1.jpg

@Sidak @Dem!god @scorpionx @levina
hehehe....
koi nai//////
ameerca need india more than india need america.....lol....
soon u will realize Michelle is laying red carpet for him in white house......
then how will u react....like this....:lol::lol:

R6.gif

How is the question vague?

no one's disputing that one has to apply or show inclination to travel to get a visa - the question pointedly was towards the ban that the USA had imposed on his travel.

The vagueness here is - that she says if he becomes head of state he qualifies for a A1 visa, but she has no idea whether it will go through if Modi applies for it.

Because a spokesperson of the state department is not in a position to take such decisions. The question was vague from her pov because Modi is not the PM yet. She answered it the only way she could have. I would do the same if I was in her position.

I don't expect modi to apply for a US visa under such vague circumstances - NO WAY is he going to do that unless if he is absolutely certain that he will get it.

It is not a non issue,it's obviously a big issue because a lot of geo politics is based on that. She should have remained mum if she didn't have an idea.

Do you seriously think that Modi would be denied visa if he does become the PM? It is a non issue because it will not be an issue at all. You are taking a regular procedural statement too seriously.

Because a spokesperson of the state department is not in a position to take such decisions. The question was vague from her pov because Modi is not the PM yet. She answered it the only way she could have. I would do the same if I was in her position.

Do you seriously think that Modi would be denied visa if he does become the PM?

What I think is he is not going to make any plans for a visit or for engagements if he gets such vague signals. The best thing she should have done is to escalate the question to her seniors instead of trying to answer it with vagueness. She was also a center piece in the shit storm that was the kobragade case as well ( I don't blame her directly but her department) - a lot of amateurishness was shown in that case too, which blew up the whole damn issue.

What I think is he is not going to make any plans for a visit or for engagements if he gets such vague signals. The best thing she should have done is to escalate the question to her seniors instead of trying to answer it with vagueness. She was also a center piece in the shit storm that was the kobragade case as well ( I don't blame her directly but her department) - a lot of amateurishness was shown in that case too, which blew up the whole damn issue.

She did not try to create any vagueness in this particular case. She stated the regular procedure and also said that they were looking forward to work with the new govt whoever gets elected.

I am not going to comment on this any further. I think she did not say anything unexpected or controversial. If you think otherwise good for you!

She is one dumb and arrogant women ...

Have you watched her response to journalist when she was questioned regarding Obama's promise regarding closure of Guantanamo prison ?

One can't expect anything better from such dumb spokespersons

She did not try to create any vagueness in this particular case. She stated the regular procedure and also said that they were looking forward to work with the new govt whoever gets elected.

I am not going to comment on this any further. I think she did not say anything unexpected or controversial. If you think otherwise good for you!

NP @jaunty,

kissi ka kya jaata hai, whats the point of arguing, it was just a back and forth.

She is one dumb and arrogant women ...

Have you watched her response to journalist when she was questioned regarding Obama's promise regarding closure of Guantanamo prison ?

One can't expect anything better from such dumb spokespersons

I have to agree on that.

Here is the actual transcript of the press briefing. There is absolutely nothing that she said which needed that headline--

MS. PSAKI: Let’s go to India and then Russia. Go ahead, Roz.

QUESTION: I know --

QUESTION: Talk about Mr. Modi’s visa, all about it. (Laughter.)

MS. PSAKI: Go ahead, Roz.

QUESTION: As Matt said, we’ve been down this road before, but I need to ask it again.

MS. PSAKI: Mm-hmm, okay.

QUESTION: It looks as if Mr. Modi may be able to declare victory as early as Friday. Given that the outgoing ambassador met with him in March before she left New Delhi, is it fair to assume that, in a phrase, “All is forgiven,” and that if he is indeed confirmed as the new prime minister, that he will get a visa to come to the U.S. to do official business?

MS. PSAKI: As you know, we don’t talk about visa applications. We’re looking forward to working --

QUESTION: Unless you want to.

MS. PSAKI: -- with the new Indian government when they’re elected. But I’m not going to speculate on that given, obviously, the results haven’t been announced yet.

QUESTION: Now, what is the policy of the U.S. Government when it comes to all fairly installed foreign leaders? Do they automatically qualify for a visa to come to the U.S. on official business? Is that U.S. policy? And if not, why not?

MS. PSAKI: Well, heads of state and heads of government are eligible for A1 visas – visa classification under the INA. No individual automatically qualifies for a U.S. visa. U.S. law exempts foreign government officials, individuals – including heads of state and heads of government – from certain – for certain potential inadmissibility grounds. I’m not going to get into any greater level of detail.

QUESTION: So you’re not suggesting that the answer to this question will be if we see – if Mr. Modi does win and become the prime minister, our – the answer to our questions will come if and when he shows up in the United States?

MS. PSAKI: I’m not speculating. Obviously, I’m not going to speak to visa applications.

Don't worry modi will give us more reasons :D
Fuget bout will. Pakistanis ARE giving us lot of reasons for a good khichayi. :D

No wonder visa nahin mil raha :sarcastic::p:
Funny+Modi+Dating+Michelle+Obama+1.jpg

@Sidak @Dem!god @scorpionx @levina

Ha Ha. Ab samjha Why he was interested in being single. :P

But on serious note, hes gonna be PM of worlds largest Democracy. Henceforth, expect u to pay basic respect. (Until and unless he does something unacceptable). OK. :)

@Indo-guy,

what it looks like is media play, they are filling up the supposed blanks with words that were never said and were never meant to be said either. :lol:

What they are forcing them to do is come clean or come with a more clearer ASAP, must say that it's being well played.

@Indo-guy,

what it looks like is media play, they are filling up the supposed blanks with words that were never said and were never meant to be said either. :lol:

What they are forcing them to do is come clean or come with a more clearer ASAP, must say that it's being well played.

That's why it is not a bad idea to check the actual source instead of falling for regular media tricks, more so when that source is TOI.

That's why it is not a bad idea to check the actual source instead of falling for regular media tricks, more so when that source is TOI.

I agree on that.

Indian media will be making a big deal of this visa issue for the next few months I am sure.

@Indo-guy,

I agree with you absolutely ....

It's like grilling a seasoned criminal to either confess or incriminate by finding loop holes in his responses under stress ...

media is smart in doing that ...and not dumb as some people may have thought ...

I agree on that.

Indian media will be making a big deal of this visa issue for the next few months I am sure.

That's their job ....
sometimes they need to creat news ..when it's not there

and invariably ..it becomes steady source of news for several day to weeks ...

I agree on that.

There will not be any controversy regarding Modi's visa. He would get the visa without any problem if he has to visit US. However Indian media and some people would behave as if that was some kind of a diplomatic victory. I expect headlines like "US bows down to Modi, issues him visa" from TOI. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom