What's new

Next CAS of Pakistan Air Force

First thing first, 3 years tenure of all Service chiefs - Army, Navy, Air, Joint - is insufficient in length. The tenure needs to be increased to at least 4-years. Also, people like the current CAS, who are innovative and bring new concepts of warfare and military tech, need to be either serve an extended tenure or need to be retained as "consultants" to the new CAS in future.

This nation just cannot afford to loose innovative and intelligent people like this.

You have spoken my heart dear friend. Exactly what I believe.
First thing first, 3 years tenure of all Service chiefs - Army, Navy, Air, Joint - is insufficient in length. The tenure needs to be increased to at least 4-years. Also, people like the current CAS, who are innovative and bring new concepts of warfare and military tech, need to be either serve an extended tenure or need to be retained as "consultants" to the new CAS in future.

This nation just cannot afford to loose innovative and intelligent people like this.

Hi Guys I thought to start a thread regarding next chief of air staff , As of now there are 6 Air Marshals and technically speaking anyone of them can be chief . Also what if current CAS gets extension :whistle: ?
This is the list of those 6 AM's:
Air Marshal Farooq Habib, HI(M), GD (P) — Vice Chief of Air Staff (VCAS), AHQ.
Air Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan, HI(M), GD (P) — Deputy Chief of Air Staff, Support (DCAS-S), AHQ.
Air Marshal Arshad Mahmood Malik, HI(M), GD (P) — Deputy Chief of Air Staff, Personnel (DCAS-P), AHQ.
Air Marshal Aasim Zaheer, HI(M), T Bt, GD (P) — Deputy Chief of Air Staff, Administration (DCAS-A), AHQ.
Air Marshal Shahid Akhtar Alvi, HI(M), GD (P) — Deputy Chief of Air Staff, Training (DCAS-T), AHQ.
Air Marshal Ahmar Shahzad, HI(M), GD (P) — Chairman Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra.
A lot of politics is involved in such matters..lets see.

Well obviously it should be the person who can fast track

• JF 17 Block III
  • Fast Track 5th Generation Jet
  • Close out the deal for Helicopter GunShips
  • Setup a Extension to Production Capacity
  • Grow the Training Capacity and Enhancement of Pilot Quality

Need to be Ambitious

Hi Guys I thought to start a thread regarding next chief of air staff , As of now there are 6 Air Marshals and technically speaking anyone of them can be chief . Also what if current CAS gets extension :whistle: ?
This is the list of those 6 AM's:
Air Marshal Farooq Habib, HI(M), GD (P) — Vice Chief of Air Staff (VCAS), AHQ.
Air Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan, HI(M), GD (P) — Deputy Chief of Air Staff, Support (DCAS-S), AHQ.
Air Marshal Arshad Mahmood Malik, HI(M), GD (P) — Deputy Chief of Air Staff, Personnel (DCAS-P), AHQ.
Air Marshal Aasim Zaheer, HI(M), T Bt, GD (P) — Deputy Chief of Air Staff, Administration (DCAS-A), AHQ.
Air Marshal Shahid Akhtar Alvi, HI(M), GD (P) — Deputy Chief of Air Staff, Training (DCAS-T), AHQ.
Air Marshal Ahmar Shahzad, HI(M), GD (P) — Chairman Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra.
Hi at number 5 shahid Alvi is he related to air commodore Alvi ?
Thx

In the pictures of the officers posted above why do their name tags have their first name printed on them? Should it no be the last name on the tags?

Absolutely....a few years ago everyone thought it would be Sohail Gul....at least that was the talk I heard. Instead Sohail Aman was selected.

Absolutely....a few years ago everyone thought it would be Sohail Gul....at least that was the talk I heard. Instead Sohail Aman was selected.
Well At that time I was 100% sure Sohail Aman was going to be selected.
But For now I cant say anything what I am sure about one thing is that current VCAS wont be CAS , Mark my words.
Ok but any guesses?
Well obviously it should be the person who can fast track

• JF 17 Block III
  • Fast Track 5th Generation Jet
  • Close out the deal for Helicopter GunShips
  • Setup a Extension to Production Capacity
  • Grow the Training Capacity and Enhancement of Pilot Quality

Need to be Ambitious
And whom do u think can do it?

Hi at number 5 shahid Alvi is he related to air commodore Alvi ?
Thx
Exactly Dont know about that.

Well an evil thought in my mind :devil: , What if AM ahmar sehzad is appointed.:enjoy:

It will be great if AM Ahmar gets the position. He took good care of us kids.....and more recently I'll always be grateful for him to have granted me an interview with PAC for an aerospace R&D position.
I like Him and He will give another DANDA good one tho to Paf like Sohail Aman.

Forget all and nominate haseeb paracha. He'll ruffle the organization pretty good.

Forget all and nominate haseeb paracha. He'll ruffle the organization pretty good.
That is not how it works I believe at least with PAF. It is not solely based on how good of an officer is or their respective service record (or ambition in AVM Paracha's case specifically).....as sir @Hodor mentioned, there is a lot of politics involved, either good or bad but ultimately someone will be selected.

That is not how it works I believe at least with PAF. It is not solely based on how good of an officer is or their respective service record (or ambition in AVM Paracha's case specifically).....as sir @Hodor mentioned, there is a lot of politics involved, either good or bad but ultimately someone will be selected.
Maybe around 2021 :-)

Back
Top Bottom