What's new

Newspaper claims 'Pakistan must learn democracy from India'

The days of army rule are over, however the Army has served the perfect check on balance for political parties that were against the founding principles of our nation.

Oxymoron..A man with a gun and no accountability can be no one's check and balance..

I didnt write God of small things....

You didnt answer the question. ;)

You mean kind of democracy that blame a spy agency for its every freaking failure? The only thing that can be learnt from the Indian democracy is the continuity , apart from that things are fairly common. I understand democracy in Pakistan is still in its infancy and to be able to flourish it we need to follow model democracies which are immaculate, for instance Turkey (Muslim country).
Continuity or status Quo is not the trait of india democracy but its the trait of hindu religion.Indians resists any kind of change once they get used to one system it takes bloodbath to impose another change.

You didnt answer the question. ;)
i already answered it.

Oxymoron..A man with a gun and no accountability can be no one's check and balance..

The army is made from ranks within the nation. We also allow the citizens a right to bear arms in case of extreme situations.

Pakistan is now going through it's worst time in history, yet the Army have played their role and decided not intervene to give elections and a democratic process a fair chance.

Like I said before, our political structure is in the phase of evolving.

Autocratic leader like military leaders have no option than either to control the mass with iron grip or entertain them with his heroics .. Both are dangerous ..democracy may gave a image of sleeping nation but when right time comes it gives great returns

Continuity or status Quo is not the trait of india democracy but its the trait of hindu religion.Indians resists any kind of change once they get used to one system it takes bloodbath to impose another change.

i already answered it.

Thats new to me... Anyway, I was strictly stating wrt to orthodox democracy.

America is majority educated even prospective Presidential candidate is forced to declare his religion openly like in Obama's case.

Same here....votes are arranged on bases of religion and candidates are raised.But presently biggest prob of both india-pak is corruption.Both countries have corrupt parliament and dynasty prob.so india is better in case of eradicating military rules or emergencies so pak can learn this..

Thats new to me... Anyway, I was strictly stating wrt to orthodox democracy.
check out the hindu texts like Ramayana and mahabharat.you will get the examples of maintaining the status quo at the very last level till everything fails ends in great wars.

Same here....votes are arranged on bases of religion and candidates are raised.But presently biggest prob of both india-pak is corruption.Both countries have corrupt parliament and dynasty prob.so india is better in case of eradicating military rules or emergencies so pak can learn this..
No you question was that democracy has failed due to illeteracy thats y i gave you the example of usa.In india's case its more of like snake feeding on its own children type attitude that has really failed democracy in india.

India have very Old democracy. Their Army never ruled there. Even Raw is in their control. India is enjoying on the moon and where are we?? Still searching for electricity.??
Truth is that In past our generals never allowed democracy and no government completed their 5 years term.
There is no substitute of Democracy, and there is no worse than army Rule!!

^

Another PPP backer.

It's your party that is sucking the blood out of our people.

India have very Old democracy. Their Army never ruled there. Even Raw is in their control. India is enjoying on the moon and where are we?? Still searching for electricity.??
Truth is that In past these few generals never allowed democracy and no government completed their 5 years term.
Thats true.Democracy is not some Roman concept in india democracy has been practiced since thousands of years.If i remember properly Raja bharat was the first king who took first gave is throne to his adopted son after he found his 3 own sons didnt have qualities of the king.

Truth is that In past our generals never allowed democracy and no government completed their 5 years term.

Army rule is better then Zardari.

Army knows smooth elections will take place this time, so no need to intervene.

^

Another PPP backer.

It's your party that is sucking the blood out of our people.
Democracy will take time. Corruption happens and it happens in the world.
But we got nothing in army rule except Musharraf time.
But remember ,Country always burns in army rule because of no real representation of the nation.
It creates Civil Unrest!!

Democracy will take time. Corruption happens and it happens in the world.
But we got nothing in army rule expect Musharraf time.
But remember ,Country always burns in army rule because of no real representation of the nation.
It creates Civil Unrest!!

In the U.S. we have democracy and the president spend's much more money on political ad's then he will make in office.

Im not a musharraf supporter, but he sure was much better than Zardari.

The point to be noted is if majority of the people are for army rule then it is also a form of democracy ..if majority of the people are for sharia then also it is a form of democracy ..if and only if people does not surrender their right to revert back to any other form of government , which i doubt

Thats true.Democracy is not some Roman concept in india democracy has been practiced since thousands of years.If i remember properly Raja bharat was the first king who took first gave is throne to his adopted son after he found his 3 own sons didnt have qualities of the king.
Thats not example of democracy. Lets not get carrried away..

Back
Top Bottom