What's new

News from Bangladesh-Updates and Discussion

The Awami League-led grand alliance has swept back to power after seven years out of office with a stunning landslide victory in an environment of free and fair elections that clearly showed the people's verdict for a change and has consigned the BNP-led four-party alliance to the political wilderness............

For both those who had been suspecting a rigged election and those who had been not, the following bdnews24 clip will be an eye opener.

Let us now become more objective and rational, and do our best to realize the truth, and act accordingly.

EXCLUSIVE
Not fighting Hasina was a mistake: Jalil
Thu, Sep 24th, 2009 3:50 pm BdST

Syed Nahas Pasha

Dhaka, Sept 24 (bdnews24.com)–Former Awami League general secretary Abdul Jalil has said he made a mistake by not going against the party chief, Sheikh Hasina, on his return to the country to protect his post during the 2007-08 caretaker government regime.

"It was my mistake not to go against her. My offence was extreme loyalty to her," Jalil said in an interview with bdnews24.com in London on Wednesday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asked whether there was any agreement between the AL and the caretaker government in the elections, he said: "It might have happened."

It's extremely unlikely that Awami munafiq won without any agreement. We all remember when la-hasina declared that anyone who will go to election under general ershad would be "national traitor" yet only la-hasina participated in that election to validate ershad peresidency. This sharmuta is self proclaime traitor(gaddar) thus she would not have mind to shake hand with shaitan for power.

It's good to see this old hack got what he deserved. This scum had done enough damaged to the country during BNP rule. I hope he suffer and humiliate even more. I thank la-hasina for making me happy. :)

Last edited:
Jalil says most cabinet members have DGFI ties :: Bangladesh :: bdnews24.com ::

Jalil says most cabinet members have DGFI ties
Thu, Sep 24th, 2009 3:51 pm BdST

Dhaka, Sept 24 (bdnews24.com)--Former Awami League general secretary Abdul Jalil has alleged that the party leaders who are now in the cabinet have links with the military's intelligence.

"Ninety nine percent Awami League leaders who are in the cabinet have connections with Directorate General of Forces Intelligence," Jalil said in a brief interview with a London-based Bangla TV channel on Tuesday.

"They only failed to control me," he added.

"If you study my statements you will notice that I defended Sheikh Hasina (the party chief and incumbent prime minister). I stood beside her," said Jalil.

On the caretaker government, the AL MP said: "They realised that if the party secretary remains vocal it would be difficult for them to make their purpose successful, that is to remove the leader."

"The great alliance has come to the power through an understanding. So I think there is an understanding between coming to power and the sweeping victory," he said.

About the incumbent general secretary, Syed Ashraful Islam, Jalil said he had fled the country after the promulgation of the state of emergency.

Sheikh Rehana, the younger sister of the incumbent prime minister, later arranged his return to Dhaka after consulting with DGFI, Jalil claimed.

The former AL general secretary observed that politicians did not take any lesson from the changeover of 1/11.

A source said Abdul Jalil has delivered many controversial statements in the interview.

The channel, which took the interview, is now facing pressure from many quarters not to broadcast it.

When contacted by bdnews24.com, Firoz Khan, chairman of the Bangla TV channel, said that they had recorded the interview for a programme titled 'Janatar Mancha'.

They had only broadcast a brief portion of the interview in their news bulletin, he said, adding that the channel has taken interviews of some more politicians.

Asked when Jalil's interview would be telecast, Khan could not give any specific schedule or date. He declined to reply when asked if they were facing any pressure from any quarter regarding the telecast of the interview.

Jalil was elected general secretary in the 19th council of the party in December, 2002.

He served as commerce minister in the 1996-2001 Awami League government.

Abdul Jalil resigned from his post as Awami League general secretary on July 21, this year.
Jalil had been arrested on May 28, 2007 and he was allowed to go to Singapore for medical treatment on paroled bail. He returned home six months later.

Upon his return home, the High Court on Oct 20, 2008, granted the AL leader bail in a case related to wealth statement filed by the Anticorruption Commission.

This is not the first time that Jalil complained about DGFI affiliation with some of the AL leaders. Why is it a crime if someone has it? My interpretetion is, Jalil probably wants to say that a true Awami Leagure should have connection with our arch enemy India's RAW, but not with our own intelligence agency DGFI. If this interpretation is correct, then the AL is doing politics in favour of India, and some of them have deviated from this long held policy and, instead, are in touch with our own intelligence.

It means, Jalil thinks that these people cannot be true and dedicated Awami Leagures, and, therefore, should not be made cabinet ministers. The portfolios should rather be held by people like him, Amu, Abdur Razzaque, Suranjit, who are paid agents of RAW. Jalil seems to be trying to make a group with all these known RAW agents.

Can someone come out with a better explanation?

DGFI controlled and influenced election result further exposed. Awami election victory hoax is exposed by none other than Awami League own ex general Secretary by revealing Awami League cahoot with DGFI election engineering.

Awami league accuse others but time and again used illegal military means to go to power. They rode coat tail of military dictator Ershad, they tried to coup using general Nasim. Now they were in cahoot with DGFI and Gen Moeen to capture state power. This time around indians are in control of Gen Moeen and DGFI.

Jalil says most cabinet members have DGFI ties :: Bangladesh :: bdnews24.com ::

Jalil says most cabinet members have DGFI ties
Thu, Sep 24th, 2009 3:51 pm BdST

Dhaka, Sept 24 (bdnews24.com)--Former Awami League general secretary Abdul Jalil has alleged that the party leaders who are now in the cabinet have links with the military's intelligence.

"Ninety nine percent Awami League leaders who are in the cabinet have connections with Directorate General of Forces Intelligence," Jalil said in a brief interview with a London-based Bangla TV channel on Tuesday.

"They only failed to control me," he added.

"If you study my statements you will notice that I defended Sheikh Hasina (the party chief and incumbent prime minister). I stood beside her," said Jalil.

"The great alliance has come to the power through an understanding. So I think there is an understanding between coming to power and the sweeping victory," he said.

About the incumbent general secretary, Syed Ashraful Islam, Jalil said he had fled the country after the promulgation of the state of emergency.

Sheikh Rehana, the younger sister of the incumbent prime minister, later arranged his return to Dhaka after consulting with DGFI, Jalil claimed.
It was Jalil, who forfeited his connection with AL leader when he was under custody last year. Instructed by the AL leader, this fellow was responsible for daily commodity price inflation during the CTG. He was the Chairman of some Bank that loaned hundreds of Crores of Taka to the commodity hoarders. This is the prime reason that he was arrested.

Now, without any Party and govt power, for him everything is 'Grapes are sour.' He is so out of mind that he only thinks once before he talks ten sentences. He should better keep quite and rather encourage Delwar to retire from BNP politics. There is little difference between these two. One wanted to be the Party leader, but lost all his power. The other one became the Party Secretary only to lose the election shamefully.

It will be good for all of us to know how the CTG has digitalized Jalil's own election. It cannot be true that all the AL the seats, except his own, were won by digital technic. So, Jalil must open his mouth and talk about his own digital win. I wonder, if he had won election with the help of DGFI, should he not vacate his Parliament seat? He must show an example and then ask his AL coleagues to resign from the Parliament.

Last edited:
It was Jalil, who forfeited his connection with AL leader when he was under custody last year. Instructed by the AL leader, this fellow was responsible for daily commodity price inflation during the CTG. He was the Chairman of some Bank that loaned hundreds of Crores of Taka to the commodity hoarders. This is the prime reason that he was arrested.

Now, without any Party and govt power, for him everything is 'Grapes are sour.' He is so out of mind that he only thinks once before he talks ten sentences. He should better keep quite and rather encourage Delwar to retire from BNP politics. There is little difference between these two. One wanted to be the Party leader, but lost all his power. The other one became the Party Secretary only to lose the election shamefully.

It will be good for all of us to know how the CTG has digitalized Jalil's own election. It cannot be true that all the AL the seats, except his own, were won by digital technic. So, Jalil must open his mouth and talk about his own digital win. I wonder, if he had won election with the help of DGFI, should he not vacate his Parliament seat? He must show an example and then ask his AL coleagues to resign from the Parliament.

Question-at-hand is not whether Abdul Jalil (AJ) is bad or not or how bad. Let us not divert the real issue willingly, unwillingly or simple-mindedly.

The Issues---on the other hand---are:

1. Whether AJ’ statement is going to substantiate the wide-spread suspicion about illegitimacy of present BAL Govt.

2. Whether the subsequent attack on AJ by BAL activists in UK indicates that BAL is yet not well-disposed to freedom of speech. Reportedly, Feroze Khan, Chairman of Bangla TV in UK has suspended broadcasting of the interview seemingly under BAL (UK) pressure.

You must have noted that few members very hastily post an anti-BNP news as soon as a BAL misdeed is reported, or starts anti-Khaleda hymn as soon as any Hasina fault occurs---perhaps to create a comparison in a limping bid to blur the issue itself. This subjective attitude is neither helpful nor elegant.

Most of us abroad are in fact objectively concerned to realize---from members’ analytical comments :

1. Whether BAL Govt. is illegitimate ?
2. Whether Bangladesh and democracy there are safe at BAL’s hand anymore?

Would others may please contribute ?

So far nothing---absolutely nothing---remained secret for longtime in the tightly- placed monolithic population in Bangladesh---either because of heightened awareness or excessive inquisitiveness or free-flowing talks around or feeling of insecurity or any combination of these.

Delwar hails Jalil as hero :: Politics :: bdnews24.com ::

Delwar hails Jalil as hero
Sun, Sep 27th, 2009 7:46 pm BdST

Dhaka, Sep 27 (bdnews24.com)—BNP secretary general Khandaker Delwar Hossain on Sunday seized upon Abdul Jalil's recent claims on the Dec 29 vote outcome, hailing the disgruntled frontbench MP as a hero for 'speaking out'.

"Mr. Jalil's statements have only proved what we have been saying since the elections," Delwar said of the former AL general secretary's controversial remarks in London in an interview with bdnews24.com Wednesday.

"The people of Bangladesh have hailed him for his courage to speak the truth," Delwar told reporters at the Naya Paltan party office.

"I hope more senior leaders of AL will open up to public," he said.

"Even many MPs of the AL were themselves surprised at the outcome."

Delwar also renewed his party's opposition to plans for constitutional reforms "The government is trying to bring about the changes in a bid to divert public attention.

"What do they want to amend?

"BNP is against any sort of changes to the constitution."

Joint secretaries general Mirza Abbas, Nazrul Islam Khan, office secretary Rizvi Ahmed were among those present.

Delwar hails Jalil as hero :: Politics :: bdnews24.com ::

Delwar hails Jalil as hero
Sun, Sep 27th, 2009 7:46 pm BdST

Dhaka, Sep 27 (bdnews24.com)—BNP secretary general Khandaker Delwar Hossain on Sunday seized upon Abdul Jalil's recent claims on the Dec 29 vote outcome, hailing the disgruntled frontbench MP as a hero for 'speaking out'.

"I hope more senior leaders of AL will open up to public," he said.
Please note Delwar wants ONLY those senior AL leaders who are quite displeased because they have been kept out of power both in the Party and the govt. It is politics, but not a bad politics. Leaders are hungry for power and money. Almost all the senior AL leaders have been deprived of these two.

So, Delwar is making a very timely call to these disgruntled and greedy politicians. It may cause polarization of these leaders under Jalil and may break either Sheikh Hasina or her Party. If the AL senior leaders take side with the statement from Jalil, then they should resign en mass to make a point that the election was indeed rigged.

This will break AL into two, BNP will go for street demonstration to cancel the last election and the govt may be forced to resign. Everything depends upon the nerve strength of AL senior leaders including that of Jalil. But, who knows, Jalil may also be bought with money and he will retract his earlier statement.

Jalil should resign from parliament: Hasina :: Politics :: bdnews24.com ::

Jalil should resign from parliament: Hasina
Mon, Sep 28th, 2009 10:42 pm BdST

New York, Sep 28 (bdnews24.com)--Prime minister Sheikh Hasina has said Abdul Jalil should resign from parliament before he questions the credibility of the Dec 29 elections.

"He was given the party ticket and has been elected," Hasina said on Sunday night in New York in replying to a query from a journalist about the recent comments by the sidelined party leader.

Her statement came over the controversial comment by the disgruntled former general secretary that the party came to power through compromise in the Dec 29 elections with the then military-backed caretaker government.

Jalil, who was made a member of the party's powerless advisory council, last week said in an interview with bdnews24.com in Britain that his party came to power through compromise with the caretaker regime.

"Has he been elected that way? He should resign first before making such allegation," Hasina snapped.

Also the Awami League chief, she referred to domestic and international recognition that Dec 29 elections were the fairest and the freest in Bangladesh's history .

On whether the party would take any action against Jalil, Hasina said: "I don't have any headache about it."

She said Jalil has been saying many things, and "let him speak."

BREAKING NEWSJalil says 'sorry' for Hasina rant :: Bangladesh :: bdnews24.com ::

BREAKING NEWS
Jalil says 'sorry' for Hasina rant
Wed, Sep 30th, 2009 12:07 am BdST
Nahas Pasha, UK Correspondent

London, Sep 29 (bdnews24.com)–Former Awami League general secretary Abdul Jalil has said 'sorry' for his recent comments about the party, chief Sheikh Hasina and her cabinet, and the general elections.

The disgruntled ruling AL MP said he still suffers from trauma caused by the torture by the military intelligence DGFI during detention, which makes him say things that he wished he had not uttered.

"It pain still drives me mad. That's why I had sought justice in parliament and before her.

But he did not get justice and often has often has a fit for that, Jalil said, trying to explain his raving.

"I may have said things that welled up from the anger, I'm sorry for that," he said in the 15-minute interview.

Continued Jalil: " I will hope that my leader Sheikh Hasina will redress this torture."

"I'm 70 years now. My father, while he was alive, didn't ever take me to task, didn't beat me.

"It's painful how DGFI had misbehaved with me after taking me into custody.

"I'll be in politics, will pursue Awami League's politics under Sheikh Hasina. I believe and respect her."

He blamed a 'stubborn' BNP chief Khaleda Zia for the failure of the dialogue between him and former BNP secretary-general Abdul Mannan Bhuiyan in 2006 .

"Khaleda Zia didn't want a fair and neutral election," said Jalil, currently on a visit to the UK.

'Never questioned polls credibility'

He refuted his claim that the government had come to power by striking a 'compromise' with the military-installed caretaker government.

"The elections could not be held if there was no 'deal'. I wanted to mean that a situation was created for the elections, like, my leader was arrested. Khaleda, ourselves were also arrested.

"There was a talk with the leader (Hasina) to conduct a fair election.

"This is what I wanted to mean.

"I didn't say anything about the election process. This was the most fair election among the all I have ever witnessed in my entire life... in the history of Bangladesh, and even during the Pakistan period.

"About the deal I wanted to mean that there was a mutual discussion with then president Iajuddin Ahmed, while there was a movement to conduct a fair election.

"The advisers had meeting with the [AL-led 14-party and BNP-led 4-party], which were not successful.

"The next caretaker government came as the earlier discussions failed. They stayed for one-two years. There was also a meeting about a fair election through which we've achieved a fair election, this is what I meant.

"I didn't mean someone put Awami League to office, and I didn't say so, I don't even believe that."

'Torture'

Was he really tortured?

"Definitely," Jalil says. "They tortured me physically, psychologically, made me to sign, didn't they?

"They took me to remand for 5, 6 days, made tapes and sent those abroad through Concord.

"How could this tape fly abroad if they didn't send it. I asked them, 'How (did it happen)?' They said a journalist has stolen.

"I asked, 'how did a journalist get in there?' I said, 'You are lying'."

The AL frontbencher said the pain renders him restless sometimes.

"This is why I spoke about it in parliament, I asked for the constitution of a parliamentary committee hoping to have justice for their (DGFI) misusing power.

"I've got no redress yet. I hope someday my leader will redress this.

"I can't digest it that a man, who was never beaten by his parents, never rebuked, he is tortured by a DGFI staff... for whom I pay... they are paid by my taxes."

The veteran was reminded in the interview that it was Hasina who had made him the general secretary, a technocrat minister when he failed to get elected in 1996 and made him the head of a standing committee.

So, why does he rant and rave against her?

"No, no, I don't have any grievance. I didn't say anything about grievance or protest. I think I don't deserve more than what she has given me.

"She made me general secretary, a minister, I could not be those without her blessings.

"But my pain is that she gave me punishment. I wanted to know why she did so. She can do that, even hundred times, for she is my leader.

"But I wanted to know what mistake I made.

"I was the only person to speak for the leader when everyone was speaking about reforms to exclude Sheikh Hasina from politics.

He asserted that he was still on her side.

"Yes, I'm. 'Boat' is not someone's own asset. It's owned by Bangabandhu, Sheikh Hasina and the people who are with it.

'Khaleda is responsible'

Questioned why he and Mannan Bhuiyan did not agree in that 2006 dialogue, Jalil blamed it on Khaleda.

"Khaleda Zia is responsible for that. Because, if you recall, we sat for 10 minutes in the last day, where we agreed that we'd sit again on one point.

"Bhuiyan was asked to come with his leader's consent and I with the 14 parties', and we'd meet again for half an hour.

"I got the nod of my leader and 14-party alliance. She said, 'Go ahead', she gave me permission.

"I was waiting all day, but couldn't reach him. It was 11:30pm when I found him. I asked him to sit for 10 minutes, saying that journalists were moving around.

"He said, 'Jalil Bhai, you've got your leader's consent, but I couldn't contact her (Khaleda). What would I say there if I don't see her or get permission?'"

"The leader later sat with the 14-party on the point we agreed, endorsed it and told me, 'Go ahead and tell the press'."

"But Bhuiyan couldn't come due to the stubbornness of Khaleda Zia. She didn't want a fair election that time.

Asked if he would be in active politics after his return home, the AL MP said: "Certainly, why not? I represent a constituency.

"Why won't I do politics? Certainly I'll and it'll be the politics of Awami League, under her leadership.

"I rate her very high and I don't believe that there won't be any change in the country under her leadership.

"So I said out of frustration that there has been no success in the nine months."

Flak from the across the board

Hasina said in New York on Sunday that Jalil should as well resign from parliament before he questions the credibility of the Dec 29 elections.

"He was given the party ticket and has been elected," added Hasina.

"Has he been elected that way? He should resign first before making such allegation," she snapped.

She referred to domestic and international recognition that Dec 29 elections were the fairest and the freest in Bangladesh's history.

On whether the party would take any action against Jalil, Hasina said: "I don't have any headache about it."

She said Jalil has been saying many things, and "let him speak."

Earlier on Tuesday, chief election commissioner A T M Shamsul Huda dismissed Jalil's comments on the 'election deal' as outpouring of a man utterly frustrated.

Awami League general secretary Syed Ashraful Islam on Monday said Jalil's remarks were aimed to smear the credibility of Hasina.

Outburst

Now reduced to a member of the party's advisory committee, a body without much say in the organisational matters, Jalil
first spoke to bdnews24.com on Wednesday.

He said he had made a mistake by not going against the party chief, Sheikh Hasina, on his return to the country to protect his post during the 2007-08 caretaker government regime.

Hours before, a London-based ethnic TV station had aired excerpts of an interview in which Jalil repeated his trademark tirade against the military intelligence outfit DGFI.

"It was my mistake not to go against her. My offence was extreme loyalty to her," Jalil said in an interview with bdnews24.com in London on Wednesday.

"Sheikh Hasina ordered me from America to take rest," he said of her pre-election decision, adding he did not protest the leader's command.

"My decision was wrong. I should have taken her head-on."

Jalil said the party advisory council has no function now and there is no chance to make it effective.

Terming himself and other veteran AL leaders mere 'activists', Jalil said it was a ploy to oust the 'activists' from politics.

He said '90 percent' ministers of the incumbent government are 'reformists'--people who propagated the so-called reform moves in the party to sideline Hasina, allegedly with the patronage of the military-installed interim government.

"Ninety percent members of the cabinet were supporters of the reformists."

Asked to elaborate on his comment on alleged "deal" between the AL and the caretaker government on the elections, he said: "It might have happened."

Govt did not come to power with people's vote: Khaleda

She cites Jalil's admissions as evidence of rigging

Wednesday September 30 2009 11:02:42 AM BDT

Opposition leader Khaleda Zia deplored that the present government is not paying attention to public welfare nor fulfilling its pre-election pledges as Awami League "didn't come to power with people's vote but through rigging". To underpin her observations she said that a former general secretary of the ruling party divulged that Awami League came to power 'through entente and rigging', which her party has complained repeatedly after the December 29 general election.(UNB, Sirajganj)

The BNP chairperson and ex-PM cautioned the government that her party doesn't want to launch movement now but, if the government wants to implement agreements against the country's interest, her party would launch movement and build up resistance to halt the government's move.

She further said BNP would remain prepared for throwing programmes and launching movement for protecting the country's interests.

"Remain ready to join the BNP movement," Khaleda told her audience during her Sirajganj trip on a relief mission.

The BNP chairperson and leader of the opposition made the remarks and warnings while distributing relief materials to poor men, women and children who could not celebrate Eid-ul-fitr for pangs of poverty and passing days in hardship due to river erosion at Hard Point of Jamuna town-protection embankment.

The programme eventually turned into a big public gathering as she went on handing out rice, sugar, vermicelli, saris and lungis to the destitute. Addressing the gathering, she said the present government, instead of implementing election pledges, is busy implementing its "commitments given to foreign powers" before the polls.

In this regard, she criticized government move to sign various "anti-national" agreements besides such other activities. She cited the army pullout from Chittagong Hill Tracts. As a result, she feared, the region will be out of hand of Bangladesh.

Khaleda further alleged that the government wants to give corridor to India in the name of Asian Highway. She said BNP also wants Bangladesh to link with the Asian Highway, but "not sacrificing the country's interests".

The former Prime Minister criticized this government's move towards forming taskforce in a bid to "hand over country's resources to foreign powers".

Terming the past Fakhruddin caretaker government as government of Awami League, she said the present government is following "the blueprint of Fakhruddin's regime, which also made commitments to the foreign powers against national interests".

"The Fakhruddin regime wanted to depoliticize the country, but they failed as people did not accept it."

About the new parliament, the BNP chief deplored that the ruling party is turning the parliament "ineffective" sans opposition as she said the ruling party did not give place for sitting to the opposition in the House.

"They do not want democracy and multiparty democracy but conspiring to establish one-party Baksal rule in the country to cling to power," she told the crowd of relief-seekers and commoners. But, she cautioned, the people had never accepted one-party rule and would never ever again accept it in the future, too.

"The ruling party is doing whatever necessary to relegate Bangladesh to a dysfunctional state," the ex-PM said on a serious note of criticism of her political foes. She said the government has been partisan everywhere and mentioned that efficient officers at the Secretariat are being made OSD while "pro-Awami League inept government officials are being awarded with promotions twice and thrice".

As a result, no w ork is going on in the country, she lamented. Referring to what she called misrule and misdeeds of the last caretaker government, she said all sections of people, including politicians and businessmen, were repressed by the Fakhruddin government, which also handed the country massive losses.

She said during the Fakhruddin regime, the prices of rice were Tk 40 per kg and many people remained unfed, some committed suicide and some were forced to sell their children for want of food.

The BNP chief said the Awami League government had not implemented a single commitment in the last nine months as the party had pledged to feed people with rice at Tk 10 per kg and green chilies at Tk 5 kg besides free distribution of fertilizer.

"Rather ruling-party activists remained busy looting, grabbing land, home and shop, violating the chastity of mothers and sisters across the country," she said. She claimed prices of essential items have gone out of reach of people which crossed the price indices of Fakhruddin times. She told the gathering that BNP always remained beside the people, particularly poor and distressed people, still remained beside them and would remain in the future also.

Referring to a sad episode of many poor people of Sirajganj, particularly of char areas, having failed to celebrate Eid-ul-fitr, she said her party, while in power, had made lump allocations during eid times. But this government did not make any lump allocation to poor people. She said the Awami League is frequently speaking about secularism "but the party men are grabbing property, houses and lands of Hindu community and unleashed repression them".

Some destitute women also spoke at the meeting, narrating their miseries as they could not celebrate the Eid. Rather they had no food to eat on the eid day and could not buy their children eid dresses. Sirajganj district BNP convenor Iqbal Hasan Mahmud Tuku and local MP Rumana Mahmud also spoke at the public gathering.

http://newsfrombangladesh.net/view.php?hidRecord=286653

Finally RAWAMY globes come off on Mahmudur Rahman AMAR DESH PUBLICATIONS, the lone patriotic among the so-called secular sell-outs. No one in the country has been showing more tenacity than him against the RAWAMY terrorists. The latest of his write up is as following,

AMAR DESH PUBLICATIONS

Janaja denied - Taheruddin Tagore was a Muslim and recently died of medical illness.:)

Thursday October 01 2009 19:54:42 PM BDT

By Khalil Rahman

Taheruddin Tagore was a Muslim and recently died of medical illness.

According to our religious ritual Janaja is perform after death of a Muslim and it is a responsibility for all Muslims to attend the Janaja with the purpose to pay respect to the person and pray for the soul.

Mr Taheruddin's Janaja was denied to be perform in Dhaka because he was alleged to be involved in the killing of Sk Mujib , subsequently found innocent of all allegation and freed from prison after spending five years without a proper trail and verdict , a customary practice of political victimisation by autocratic leaders in disguise.

This obstruction to perform Janaja came from AL leaders and obviously higher ups likely PM office.

Such type of vindictiveness is really shameful for a person more so if she is a Muslim.

A leader, with supreme power in decision making like our PM, however controvercial the previous General election has been should be more responsible and abstain from such shallow minded practice.

Khalil Rahman
E Mail : khalilrahman10@yahoo.com

http://newsfrombangladesh.net/view.php?hidRecord=286998

This is an exemplary prove that Awami are totally Munafiq and Mushrik otherwise how could any Muslim do such to another Muslim?

I condemn the act of denying a Janaja to Mr. Taheruddin Thakur, a devout Muslim, who was ready to sacrifice his own life in order to protect the Muslim character of our country from the continuous onslaughts by the Indian-sponsored DALALs in 1975. These Dalals wanted a so-called independent Bangladesh, the rank of whose President would have been equal to the Vice-president of Union of India.

We know a proverb "SHONAR PATHOR BATI." So, this arrangement would have been like this proverb. BD would be independent (?), but the President's rank would be below the rank of Indian President. It was a clear conspiracy to make BD a puppet of India. Military officers who are now under trial and Taheruddin Thakur were responsible to make this country again a SHONAR SHARNA BATI. These people have the balls made of steel.

Every Muslim must receive proper respect after his death irrespective of his political orientation. AL has started this hate game play since 1971, when they digged out the grave of former east Pakistan Governor Munaim Khan. It never happens in any other Muslim country, but it happens only in a country where there is a Munafiq group of people gathered around AL. May Allah send these perpetrators to Jahannam.

Back
Top Bottom